Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:44   #8896
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Seems to me that AO Smith heaters have all the best features for hard water - glass coating, etc., etc. I hope the local shopkeepers are not pushing Haier for getting rid of stock and /or higher margins, given that people are avoiding Chinese products where possible. I have no actual experience with the above brands so it is just conjecture. Any features of Haier that make them particularly better suited for use in hard water areas?
Do scroll up and read my reviews on AO smith.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:00   #8897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Seems to me that AO Smith heaters have all the best features for hard water - glass coating, etc., etc. I hope the local shopkeepers are not pushing Haier for getting rid of stock and /or higher margins, given that people are avoiding Chinese products where possible. I have no actual experience with the above brands so it is just conjecture. Any features of Haier that make them particularly better suited for use in hard water areas?
We have used two Haier Instant Geysers (Model ES3V-C1), One was bought in October 2019 and the other in June 2020. Both are working fine. (Too early to comment on long term reliability) The first one was recommended by the shopkeeper and there was no Chinese issue in 2019. The other was bought online on Flipkart. We got free installation the first time since we bought it from a shop but had to pay the second time.

As I said earlier, whether it is Haier or Venus, the Heating element and Tank Coating matters along with their build quality. Since no product is guaranteed against hard water, we should also look at the service and I have heard that AO Smith's service is not good. But to each his own.
CarNerd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:08   #8898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Any washing machine recommendations for low water pressure? We get about 3-3-5 litres per minute from the inlet tap. I read somewhere that Bosch machines will time out if they don’t have 6-8 litres per minute.

I want a fully automatic machine. Doesn’t matter if it’s top load or front load.
Have you tried increasing the pressure like changing the tap or installing booster pump? Almost all machines today require good water pressure. Also, Front loaders consume less water than Top loaders. Haier and Whirlpool have Near Zero Pressure and Zero Pressure Fill feature but I have no experience using them. You can check them out:

https://www.haier.com/in/washing-mac...842_20190530.2 (Look for models ending with NZP)

https://www.whirlpoolindia.com/white...1370.html#gref
CarNerd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 10:38   #8899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Any washing machine recommendations for low water pressure? We get about 3-3-5 litres per minute from the inlet tap. I read somewhere that Bosch machines will time out if they don’t have 6-8 litres per minute.

I want a fully automatic machine. Doesn’t matter if it’s top load or front load.
Unless the overhead tank is only 2m above the outlet, low pressure points to blockages in the pipe. For 4m head the pressure should be high enough to ensure 8-10 L/m flow. There are a few reasons for low pressure :

1. Corroded pipes where the corrosion constricts the diameter.
2. Thin pipes. Long stretches of 12.5mm pipe especially with a lot of bends will drop the pressure like mad.
3. Filter clogged. In most cases (taps, geysers. WM etc) there is a mesh filter which gets clogged due to scale in hard water.

I suggest that you check the piping and replace any corroded/old pieces.

Ideally if you can, replace the main pipe with 25mm/30mm pipe. This will ensure minimal loss of pressure.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 11:43   #8900
BHPian

Thanks @CarNerd and @Aroy. I’ll speak to the landlord about that and mostly get a top load machine as the old one has broken down, and it used to work fine here.

Hopefully the landlord is open to checking why the water pressure is low throughout the house. Thanks again.
Old 25th August 2021, 04:33   #8901
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a quality hand blender and food processor, I highly recommend the Braun Multi Quick series. I set out to buy a hand blender and ended up spending 2x of what I had originally planned. It has now turned out to be a excellent and efficient kitchen appliance for my wife. It can handle blending to chopping vegetables, juicing and even preparing roti/chapati dough effortlessly. They have somehow crammed in a 1000 watt motor into that little stick and its silent even when pushed hard. This now replaces our still working Preeti Zodiac food processor. Another excellent product but noisy as hell for some types of jobs. It is so loud when handling dough that you need ear plugs.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:56   #8902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks so much, had never heard of these brands before

I'm looking for 2 fans for a fairly large room about 12' x 15', will probably go with the Superfan V1.

The price also seems decent because even regular ceiling fans from Havells seem to cost 4k and upwards!
What did you get finally and how is it doing so far?

I have to equip my new place with a few fans.

Man, all this stuff is mind numbing! Sometimes I wish I could just sit on a mountain where the wind does everything!

Eventually.
Old 25th August 2021, 14:15   #8903
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What did you get finally and how is it doing so far?
Man, all this stuff is mind numbing! Sometimes I wish I could just sit on a mountain where the wind does everything!
I bought fans of Superfan brand. They're doing quite well, no complaints so far, though I haven't checked if there really is a discernible difference in our electricity bills.

You may want to check couple of easier posts about my purchase starting with this one (The Home Appliance thread)

I can understand what you're going through with these things related to purchases for setting up a home, been there done that!

Last edited by NPV : 25th August 2021 at 14:19.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 17:01   #8904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Finally got couple of Superfan X1's, cost Rs.3800 each,

The fan comes with remote and also works with a normal fan regulator.
Can you confirm on this? The company person on the WhatsApp chat says it can only be operated using a remote.

KK
Old 25th August 2021, 17:33   #8905
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Can you confirm on this? The company person on the WhatsApp chat says it can only be operated using a remote.
It works with the Roma modular fan regulator that we have at home as well.
However, based on advice here from Bhpians m8002, graaja and others, I now keep the regulator speed at 5 (max speed) always and use the remote only to change speeds.

I had answered a similar query on the regulator earlier here (The Home Appliance thread)

Last edited by NPV : 25th August 2021 at 17:34.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 20:41   #8906
BHPian

Have used 3 Havells fans since last 9 years without any issues. Good brushed nickel finish has stood up well, still looks brand new and silent refined operation. Can only feel the breeze, no buzzing sound from motor. No idea about the electricity consumption.

Bought another 4 of same models for our other home, surprised the same models are still in production!
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 21:25   #8907
BHPian

Guys, I've a Jyoti Gas Geyser which is well over 12+ years old now. Apart from little rust on it's frame, there are no issues to speak of. It heats up water really well even today, the only thing I do is replace it's batteries once a year.
I can smell some gas when starting the geyser but it's usually when the LPG tank is low. So I am asking is it time to replace it with a new geyser or should I get this current one checked by some professional ?
Also, I want to install exhaust fan on the kitchen window. Which brand to go for ? And is the fan size universal or it varies ? Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Akshay6988 : 25th August 2021 at 21:28. Reason: Added questions for exhaust fans.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 09:27   #8908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, I've a Jyoti Gas Geyser which is well over 12+ years old now.

So I am asking is it time to replace it with a new geyser or should I get this current one checked by some professional ?
Price of gas heating is the same as heating with electricity:
https://www.bijlibachao.com/applianc...induction.html
So better go with electric heating - safer and better.
Attached Images

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:14   #8909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, I've a Jyoti Gas Geyser which is well over 12+ years old now. Apart from little rust on it's frame, there are no issues to speak of. It heats up water really well even today, the only thing I do is replace it's batteries once a year.
I can smell some gas when starting the geyser but it's usually when the LPG tank is low. So I am asking is it time to replace it with a new geyser or should I get this current one checked by some professional ?
Also, I want to install exhaust fan on the kitchen window. Which brand to go for ? And is the fan size universal or it varies ? Any suggestions are welcome.
Gas smell when LPG tank is low is common. Happens in cooking stove as well. As long as the gas is not leaking from the unit, you should be safe.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:47   #8910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Have used 3 Havells fans since last 9 years without any issues. Good brushed nickel finish has stood up well, still looks brand new and silent refined operation. Can only feel the breeze, no buzzing sound from motor. No idea about the electricity consumption.

Bought another 4 of same models for our other home, surprised the same models are still in production!
Which model is this from Havells Nirmal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks