Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 14:54   #7996
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Has anyone used the Dyson Hot+Cool purifier (link)? Any feedback on the performance? I am looking for a heater+fan that can maintain the temperature and the traditional room heaters with thermostat arent very useful as they usually dont switch off the heating when it is warm enough and restart if the temperature drops. This one has the advantage of air purifier too, which i use regularly. Very impressed with the Dyson cordless vacuum and hence looking at this purifier as an option.
Old 21st July 2020, 16:55   #7997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Mine imported in the month of march, also doesn't remember the cycle time left after power cut, it again starts from first. Can you check by switching off the socket switch, to simulate a power cut.
My dishwasher was delivered on 15-July and as soon as I connected it to the internet, it downloaded a firmware update. Have you tried this? You been try this through the LG Thinq app.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:41   #7998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
My dishwasher was delivered on 15-July and as soon as I connected it to the internet, it downloaded a firmware update. Have you tried this? You been try this through the LG Thinq app.
So do you mean to say yours remembers the time left after power cut.

Mine has not been connected to the internet till now.
DIY410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:18   #7999
BHPian

Guys, could you please help me in deciding side by side refrigerator?
I checked few out today at Croma and reliance digital and really like LG 687L and Samsung 700L. Prices are more or less the same but not sure about the long term reliability and after sales service. Any inputs are welcome. I currently use Whirlpool double door fridge
Old 21st July 2020, 22:41   #8000
Senior - BHPian

We purchased Panasonic side-by-side since the old one is close to 10 years and no issues so far. Seal-down in our area means stocking up, so we bought this 584 litres side-by-side, paying just 50,000 (reliance Digital). Model no. NR-BS60MSX1. It's been few months are we are happy with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Guys, could you please help me in deciding side by side refrigerator?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:59   #8001
KPR
BANNED

Anyone views on it: Can we stack dishwasher above washing machine? There are many benefits like the convenience of loading and unloading utensils while standing, easy plumbing and water outlet methods, saving space by occupying vertical space etc., How much load a washing machine can handle on top of it?
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:06   #8002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Anyone views on it: Can we stack dishwasher above washing machine? There are many benefits like the convenience of loading and unloading utensils while standing, easy plumbing and water outlet methods, saving space by occupying vertical space etc., How much load a washing machine can handle on top of it?
A question that i have been thinking about too, i saw a youtube video in which a lady has done the same and it seemes to be fine. Wife though is skeptical, so am i, as dishwasher is pretty heavy. This is one of the reason we have still not got a dishwasher, as it is gettting tough to figure out place to keep both.

AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:09   #8003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
You could build a slab on top of your washing machine and put the dishwasher on top of that. That way no need to worry about this problem.

Otherwise also while the dishwasher is not too heavy but it's of similar size as the washing machine. Not sure if it will be stable enough on top of the washing machine, esp since washing machine can wobble a lot during the rinse cycle.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:22   #8004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
You could build a slab on top of your washing machine and put the dishwasher on top of that. That way no need to worry about this problem.

Otherwise also while the dishwasher is not too heavy but it's of similar size as the washing machine. Not sure if it will be stable enough on top of the washing machine, esp since washing machine can wobble a lot during the rinse cycle.
I think wobbling won't be an issue anymore, as 60 KG on top of it would make sure, it stays grounded, and does not get any jiggle space.

Idea of getting a slab is a good one too, but that would need to be a very solid Slab, concrete probably, or granite but would need support.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:23   #8005
BHPian

Need advice on Front Load Washing Machine!

This is a car enthusiasts forum. However, I like the methodology of structured advice on various topics.
Hence, I am posting here. Moderators please cancel the thread if this is inappropriate.

I am planning to buy a Front Load Washing Machine. Zeroed upon 2 options - Bosch and LG. Bosch is the most well built however came across horror after sales service. LG service centre is across the road so finalised with LG. For context - I have a 15 year old semi automatic 7.5 kg LG washing machine.

My Problem -
My research on Front load put me across various fancy functions, spin speeds, vibrations, sound, machine running away, hard water problems, wash size.

It would be very helpful if members can share advice on my following queries -

1.) Out of all functions, Which are 5 most used functions? Are Turbowash, Quick 30 program, Crease Care really useful?
2.) Max Spin speed of 1200 or 1400 ? Does higher spin speed correspond to risk of fabric damage?
3.) Does hard water cause any other problems other than higher detergent consumption ?
4.) Does machine move from its place during operation ? Is getting a stand a necessity ?
5.) What is right size for washing double size blankets ? King size to be precise. I am contemplating between 8 kg and 9 kg size.
6.) Since machine wattage is 2100 W which is equivalent to a 2 Ton AC. Is it advisable to install a DBox with 25A MCB and 4sq m. 3 pole wire ?
7.) I believe weight mentioned is for dry clothes. Is this correct ?
8.) Any expert tips on ownership please.

Thank you. Inputs and advice will be very helpful!

Moderator's Note: Please SEARCH before creating threads on topics extensively discussed before. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2020 at 13:31. Reason: Please read the note posted above.
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:47   #8006
BHPian

Re: Need advice on Front Load Washing Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
This is a car enthusiasts forum. However, I like the methodology of structured advice on various topics.
Hence, I am posting here. Moderators please cancel the thread if this is inappropriate.

I am planning to buy a Front Load Washing Machine. Zeroed upon 2 options - Bosch and LG. Bosch is the most well built however came across horror after sales service. LG service centre is across the road so finalised with LG. For context - I have a 15 year old semi automatic 7.5 kg LG washing machine.

My Problem -
1.) Out of all functions, Which are 5 most used functions? Are Turbowash, Quick 30 program, Crease Care really useful?
2.) Max Spin speed of 1200 or 1400 ? Does higher spin speed correspond to risk of fabric damage?
3.) Does hard water cause any other problems other than higher detergent consumption ?
4.) Does machine move from its place during operation ? Is getting a stand a necessity ?
5.) What is right size for washing double size blankets ? King size to be precise. I am contemplating between 8 kg and 9 kg size.
6.) Since machine wattage is 2100 W which is equivalent to a 2 Ton AC. Is it advisable to install a DBox with 25A MCB and 4sq m. 3 pole wire ?
8.) Any expert tips on ownership please.

Thank you. Inputs and advice will be very helpful!

Moderator's Note: Please SEARCH before creating threads on topics extensively discussed before. Thanks!
I have an LG front loading machine for 10 years, fantastic machine.
regarding your queries.
1 Quick 30 is the most used function.
2 My machine has 1000 rpm and less. it selects based on wash function
3 Can not comment since through out, the water quality has been excellent
4. Machine does not move if levelled property or on level ground.
5. can not comment.
6 I dont think it is required. i.e. many equipments like geyser, Microwave or room heater have higher wattage, do not need.DB. But Usually all these are connected to AEH (Higher power wiring with 4 mm core wiring)
bullock-Car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:51   #8007
BANNED

Quote:
2.) Max Spin speed of 1200 or 1400 ? Does higher spin speed correspond to risk of fabric damage? !
99% of time you will simply switch it on and hit the start button. So forget the other functions. YMMV. Yes spin speed matters for drying. Higher the better.
Quote:
No need for stands. Especially for front loaders. They need to be adjusted for level and are generally quiet once set up.
Quote:
2100 watts ÷ 220 volts gives current. If I remember my school physics correctly. That is less than 10 amperes. So put in place a 16A socket.
Quote:
Yes. That probably answers your earlier question about blankets.
My suggestion to go for a smallest model @1200RPM. For front loaders, that is.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 22nd July 2020 at 13:53.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:17   #8008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
I have an LG front loading machine for 10 years, fantastic machine.
1 Quick 30 is the most used function.
Thank you for your insights. 10 years is very good to hear for front load as well. What regular maintenance issues did you face in these 10 years?

Indeed, Quick 30 seems to very useful otherwise washcycles are quiet long. However I believe for soiled clothes, you would have to wash in some stain specific or turbowash types of modes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
99% of time you will simply switch it on and hit the start button. So forget the other functions. YMMV. Yes spin speed matters for drying. Higher the better.
I expect then your default mode would be 'MIX' where all clothes can be washed together. Is that correct?

So, I believe, my choice to go ahead would be LG 8kg 1400rpm spin.
Or should I go ahead with 9 kg as I am flexible with budget and I own appliances for long time period.
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:13   #8009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
So do you mean to say yours remembers the time left after power cut.

Mine has not been connected to the internet till now.
Checked this and unfortunately, even my machine starts from the beginning. I need to check if this is the same case after the machine has moved to rinse or dry cycle from the initial wash cycle.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:19   #8010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, I believe, my choice to go ahead would be LG 8kg 1400rpm spin.
With such a spin speed, you could probably take many clothes straight from the machine to the ironing table!

Fast spin is a luxury in a cold, wet climate. I usually spin at 400-600 because... Chennai days. I would guess that your summer climate probably dries clothes faster than our does due to less humidity. But you probably have more days in the year when clothes are not dry within a very few hours of hanging out.

Such a fast spin speed is a luxury, but 1000 is more than enough.

Our most used functions:

-- 15/30-minute quick wash, cold or 40C (our "cold" water from the roof tank is warm anyway)

-- 60/120-minute "cotton" wash, 40 or 60, for towels, underwear and the like

Less often:

-- "Delicates" wash is for synthetics

-- Silk wash, gentle for saris.

If you have a baby, and use non-disposable nappies, or are really fussy about sterilising the kitchen towels, you'll want 90C "boil" wash. Otherwise, forget it.

If you have a dirty job, with oil stains on clothes, or kids coming home with grass stains on their clothes, or just that occasional thing that is really filthy, then a pre-wash is in order. Our machine doesn't have it (Hey, Bosch, why cheap out on this?) and I have never missed it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed