Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 21:29   #7981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Our Kent Water purifier to give up, after 6 years and numerious repairs. So i have decided to not get it repaired anymore and get a new one, have zeroed the one below.

Eurek Forbes Aquasure

Anyone using the same, and any inputs, reviews generally seems favorable. TIA.
Old 17th July 2020, 06:25   #7982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
As a loyal Eureka Forbes customer, only suggestion from my side would be to contact your local Eureka Forbes dealer and ask them about the unit you are interested in or if they have better product. And they will give you a better bargain for sure.

And when you go for an extended warranty, do not forget to go for the ones including rubber parts - amount seems insignificant now but is worth taking considering you have to pay for rubber parts otherwise.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 06:32   #7983
BHPian

I am looking for a room heater to keep our work area dry so that laundry drying happens during 4 months of incessant rains we experience in this part of the world.
Old 17th July 2020, 07:28   #7984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am looking for a room heater to keep our work area dry so that laundry drying happens during 4 months of incessant rains we experience in this part of the world.
Would that solve the problem ? In my opinion, it is the moisture in the air caused from Wet Clothes in the vicinity which would still remain, rather increase with rise in room temperature.
You should create a cubicle open from above and below (even a thick cloth would suffice) to contain the wet laundry. Place a fan high above it directing air out of some open window and a heater placed on floor. When both operating, hot air will be sucked up through wet laundry and vapour laden air ejected out of Window. Quite a set up.
Positioning it in kitchen or Bathroom and using its exhaust would serve the purpose.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 17th July 2020 at 07:30.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 08:23   #7985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I am using the model, infact got it second hand when I moved to Bangalore from one of my office colleague who had barely used it for a couple of weeks. Was using the RO filter for the first time infact. The model is quite compact and has a 6 litre inbuilt storage. I had to replace the all the filters before I started using the unit. The biggest worry is the correct adjustment of the TDS. When I had installed the TDS knob was completely closed, didnt realize this and was drinking like water which was more like distilled water. Got the TDS adjustment done twice. The taste of the water is a bit weird but thats ok.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 09:43   #7986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You are better off placing drying the cloths in room that has good ventilation. In a similar situation, i found fan + open window to dry the cloths without the damp smell
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 10:34   #7987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your clothes can fit a framed drying rack the do the following

1. Arrange all your clothes on the rack so that there is air flow in vertical direction.

2. Put a blower type room heater at the bottom of the rach. The air flow should be upwards.

You now have a powered clothes dryer.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 11:00   #7988
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Place a fan high above it directing air out of some open window and a heater placed on floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
2. Put a blower type room heater at the bottom of the rach. The air flow should be upwards.
I would be wary of using a space heater to dry clothes. All heaters and infact air conditioners as well recommend against using the same to dry clothes. Operating such equipment specially heaters in high humidity scenario can create safety hazards of all kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Would that solve the problem ? In my opinion, it is the moisture in the air caused from Wet Clothes in the vicinity which would still remain, rather increase with rise in room temperature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You are better off placing drying the cloths in room that has good ventilation. In a similar situation, i found fan + open window to dry the cloths without the damp smell
+1, ventilation is the key here

I would rather suggest buying a dedicated cloth dryer from the likes of Bosch etc. or front loading W/Ms with built in dryer functionality (This is less efficient). Considering this is an annual phenomenon based on your geography, in my opinion the investment would be justified.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 18:14   #7989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I got a great price on this one in Bangalore. Almost 10K off. And it's imported from Korea. Feather touch controls, 4 swing arm with three water sprays etc. Waiting for installers to come since LG has switched off all lines. This model can be controlled even from your workplace using your phone
Congratulations on your purchase. You got a great price. I was checking reviews about this model online and at some places it is mentioned that if there is a power cut then it doesnot resume.

Review-1:
(https://www.amazon.in/review/R10R9XV...SIN=B07Q2PFV8D)

Review-2:
(https://www.amazon.in/review/R2JG2UK...SIN=B07Q2PFV8D)

It would be great if you could let us know your experience on this since you have first hand experience.
Old 17th July 2020, 18:29   #7990
Distinguished - BHPian

Have an AC? ACs are really good at drying the atmosphere. Some have a special setting for drying clothes.

Usually, though, we just dry clothes outside, either on a line which is sheltered from rain or on a drying rack. The drying rack we can put under a fan, which we have outside the front door.

Basically: just accept that it is going to take a couple of days to dry instead of a few hours. Imagine drying clothes in British weather!
Old 17th July 2020, 20:21   #7991
Senior - BHPian

Yes it resumes from where it left off. I'm thinking probably the earlier models had this issue. This dishwasher has been around for some time now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. You got a great price. I was checking reviews about this model online and at some places it is mentioned that if there is a power cut then it doesnot resume
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 23:37   #7992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes it resumes from where it left off. I'm thinking probably the earlier models had this issue. This dishwasher has been around for some time now
Mine imported in the month of march, also doesn't remember the cycle time left after power cut, it again starts from first. Can you check by switching off the socket switch, to simulate a power cut.

Last edited by DIY410 : 17th July 2020 at 23:48.
DIY410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 05:56   #7993
Senior - BHPian

Sure. This might take few weeks though since we are outside Bangalore for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Mine imported in the month of march, also doesn't remember the cycle time left after power cut, it again starts from first. Can you check by switching off the socket switch, to simulate a power cut.
Old 19th July 2020, 11:22   #7994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
So our mixie gave up (repairs will take time) and hence am looking for a hand blender. Main requirements are:
- Should be able to work as an immersion blender to make soups, pastes etc. in the vessel in which food is being cooked
- Should be able to make a paste of onions & tomatoes (typically used as a base for the masala while making rajma, chole etc.)
- Blend smoothies using fruits & ice cream
Late reply as I saw you have already purchased one, but putting it out there for others who might also be looking. We just replaced a 15 year old Braun hand blender with another Braun MQ100 (curry). The new one is 450W. The main use in our kitchen is for making chatni and various pastes. I can safely vouch for the quality and decent power.

Last edited by ampere : 19th July 2020 at 12:32. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 12:02   #7995
BHPian

My 1983 purchase and import. Still going strong. Virgin from any Mechanics.

The Home Appliance thread-20200719_115712.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks