Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 19:30   #6511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Need to pick up a washing machine urgently since the current Samsung Topload conked off today - some sensor has gone kaput and it will take 2K to get it replace, so planning to buy a new one (current one is 8 years old).

Current choices are between these two:

Samsung 6 KG: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075LFT4LT/..._t2_B0727RS3Z9

LG 6 KG: https://www.amazon.in/LG-Fully-Autom...%3A10440599031

Have always been happy with Samsung service but LG is an unknown territory for me, but the direct drive motor and around 4K price difference is hard to ignore.

How good are the LG front load washing machines and the service?

--Anoop

Last edited by Eddy : 14th November 2017 at 11:02. Reason: typo
Old 13th November 2017, 19:36   #6512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do check the ones from Bosch, we have used IFB in past, now using Bosch for past Year or so, it is in different category altogether performance vise, not very expensive either, something like this

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00OT9CLX2/...0581954&sr=1-6
Old 13th November 2017, 19:38   #6513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Have always been happy with Samsung service but LG is an unknown terriery for me, but the direct drive motor and around 4K price difference is hard to ignore.

--Anoop
I have an LG top loader which is 12 years old now. I have had it in 5 homes (moved) across 3 cities. I have spent may be a sum total of 2000Rs in 12 years on service/maintenance.

LG service is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
now using Bosch for past Year or so, it is in different category altogether performance vise,

What do you mean?

Last edited by carboy : 13th November 2017 at 19:39.
Old 13th November 2017, 19:42   #6514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
I have LG direct drive front load washing machine since 2011/12. Earlier it was kept inside the bathroom and display PCB conked off due to water splashing over it. Customer service was fast. They came and identified the issue, gave approximate charge, and promised to come next day @ 8AM. He came next day@7.45 AM and replaced it. It is working fine (using it 4-5 times a week).

Both the brands are good.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:33   #6515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need to pick up a washing machine urgently since the current Samsung Topload conked off today - some sensor has gone kaput and it will take 2K to get it replace, so planning to buy a new one (current one is 8 years old).

Current choices are between these two:

Samsung 6 KG: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075LFT4LT/..._t2_B0727RS3Z9

LG 6 KG: https://www.amazon.in/LG-Fully-Autom...%3A10440599031

Have always been happy with Samsung service but LG is an unknown terriery for me, but the direct drive motor and around 4K price difference is hard to ignore.

--Anoop
We have LG front load 6kg about 4 years old. No problems as yet. Got extended warranty till seventh year for peace of mind.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:43   #6516
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea guys if we can purchase the polarizer film for a 32 inch wide screen LCD television. Mine, for some reason has gotten lots of air bubbles inside.

Thanks!
Old 14th November 2017, 10:45   #6517
BHPian

Quote:
LG is an unknown terriery for me

--Anoop
LG service is amazing as already stated earlier.
I have LG frontloader which we use daily for last 7 years. Touchwood.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:33   #6518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have an LG top loader which is 12 years old now. I have had it in 5 homes (moved) across 3 cities. I have spent may be a sum total of 2000Rs in 12 years on service/maintenance.
LG service is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I have LG direct drive front load washing machine since 2011/12. Earlier it was kept inside the bathroom and display PCB conked off due to water splashing over it. Customer service was fast. They came and identified the issue, gave approximate charge, and promised to come next day @ 8AM. He came next day@7.45 AM and replaced it. It is working fine (using it 4-5 times a week).

Both the brands are good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
We have LG front load 6kg about 4 years old. No problems as yet. Got extended warranty till seventh year for peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
LG service is amazing as already stated earlier.
I have LG frontloader which we use daily for last 7 years. Touchwood.
Thank you - this is very reassuring. So, will zero in on the LG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have a Bosch for over a year and half and am happy with it. They have some good models priced at the lower ranges as well.
You would not go wrong with an LG in terms of service.

But have you considered spending the 2k and getting the sensor replaced in your existing machine? You will save at least 15-20 k which you would have spent for a new one. Unless you want to go for a front load and have peace of mind for a couple of years at least.
Yes, I agree that I can get it repaired by spending 2K, but we were thinking to upgrade to front-load sooner or later. Since the machine has conked off now, instead of spending 2K now to get it fixed and then upgrade in Q1 2018 to a front-load as we planned, I am thinking of upgrading it no itself.

The main reason for going for a new front load is the reduced water usage - we use the washing machine at least once every day and want to reduce the water consumption. Another plus point is the reduced electricity usage due to inverter motor.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 14th November 2017 at 11:58.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:46   #6519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Bosch for over a year and half and am happy with it. They have some good models priced at the lower ranges as well.
You would not go wrong with an LG in terms of service.

But have you considered spending the 2k and getting the sensor replaced in your existing machine? You will save at least 15-20 k which you would have spent for a new one. Unless you want to go for a front load and have peace of mind for a couple of years at least.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:56   #6520
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
replaced the drain motor (which was not required ... he is bluffing saying the price is high as the machine model is old, they do not give original IFB bill as there are fake bills in circulation etc
Adding to this - some of these technicians, even from the authorized service centres can give you a fake overpriced bill.
We found out, when my dad got suspicious of the amount being asked for and he called the Customer care, then and there in front of the technician and confirmed the price from the lady on the phone, which was significantly lesser.
Old 16th November 2017, 10:13   #6521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have been using a Philips model since last winter and have not replaced the Hepa filter yet.
How long did the filter last?
Are you facing issues with procurement of replacement filters?

I am sitting on the fence between a SmartAir Cannon and the Philips 1215. My primary concern is replacement filter availability say 5 years down the line.
Old 16th November 2017, 12:06   #6522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post

I am sitting on the fence between a SmartAir Cannon and the Philips 1215. My primary concern is replacement filter availability say 5 years down the line.
HEPA filters are available on Amazon at a very reasonable rate

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=hepa+filter
Old 16th November 2017, 14:29   #6523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Its three years since we have used our first air purifier. Hepa filter is still original. However it would be best to replace often.

I once contacted Philips by mail for replacement filter. They asked me where I bought the air purifier. I wondered what they were suspicions about. I had mentioned the model number, they could have just told me where I could get the filter. I had not pursued further and continued with original filter.
Old 17th November 2017, 13:07   #6524
Senior - BHPian

I bought the LG front load (Model no FH0B8NDL22) from Amazon on 14th - thank you for the vote of confidence on LG. The delivery happened yesterday and the technician came home yesterday itself to fix it.

I had bought a stand from Amazon, but the technician had a better model with him and he said the type I have bought (Adjustable type with hollow pipes) will vibrate more and said he has a better type - since the quality of the stand he had was really good, I decided to purchase it.

He tried selling descaling agent and water softener also, but when I politely declined, he did not push.

The washing machine is silent than my top loader, but the wash timings are more. The customer care interaction was pleasant.

--Anoop
Old 17th November 2017, 15:21   #6525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I once contacted Philips by mail for replacement filter. They asked me where I bought the air purifier. I wondered what they were suspicions about. I had mentioned the model number, they could have just told me where I could get the filter. I had not pursued further and continued with original filter.
Maybe they were trying to see if the same seller could help you with the replacement filter. Or perhaps they were looking for the location?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks