Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 13:28   #16

Re: Dji Mini 3 Pro Review | The Best Nano Drone

I am myself have been looking to buy a drone and this an excellent thread to say the least.

By any chance anyone has come across IZI Fly Drone

https://amzn.eu/d/hbuQPI1

It looks promising but don't know whether to buy this or not.
Old 12th December 2022, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Super review and very well thought out list of accessories for the drone. Start using digitalsky and figure out the green zones near where you are, post that fly a ton. Its an amazing drone, looking forward to the pics and videos
Old 12th December 2022, 15:19   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
DJI MINI 3 PRO

Attachment 2387518

[*]Plus-batteries takes the overall weight beyond 250 grams and necessitates a registration on digital sky portal in India.
I've been wanting to get this query answered so thanks for this post!
Just re-confirming - as soon as you plug in the extended battery it requires you to register (since you're over 250 gm) and won't fly?
NRing_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Thank you for such a detailed review.
Did you face any issue with the customs?
Which airport did you use?
Old 12th December 2022, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Great Review and extremely detailed. I was told all Chinese drones are banned in India and there would be a crackdown on usage. Since DJI is also Chinese, any updates in this regard. My friend is a commercial drone operator and apparently drone federation of India has issued usage of India made drones like Ideaforge and throttle.
What is your take on this?
Old 12th December 2022, 16:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
DJI MINI 3 PRO

Finally bought it @ DJI Official Store in Australia:

I had recently been to Australia for a month on an official trip and bought the drone in the DJI official store at Melbourne for a killer price along with a ton of accessories. As a part of giveaways and some promotional activity at the DJI official store on that specific day, I was given 50 dollars’ or more worth of accessories like memory card, 42-watt car charger, launch pad and a tempered glass pack for the controller completely free.

The Australian dollar had hit the rock bottom and the prices were the cheapest. I did save some money from per diem and purchased it. Translating it to INR, it was around 86k for the Drone + Fly more plus combo kit and a Lipo bag (Lithium polymer carry case for batteries). In addition to these I did purchase other third-party accessories like the propeller guards, extra set of filters, lanyard, and the fully customizable hard carry case specifically designed for Mini 3 pro from D1 Labs. Total cost was close to a lakh.

On my return journey back to India I did file for GST reversal on the online TRS (Tourist refund scheme) portal 12 hours before going to airport and uploaded all the bills and obtained the QR code to save the time and skip the queue as it generally tends to get overcrowded during transits and TRS won’t be approved for passengers having less than 30 minutes for boarding. Advantage of online registration is that, it gives a QR code and speeds up the entire process and when at the counter a scan on the code does show up all the uploaded information on their screens and saves a lot of manual data entry time. The only condition was that a minimum of 300 dollars had to be spent in the same store or chain of stores having the same ABN (Australian Business Number), to qualify for TRS and for purchases above 1000 dollars, passport details are mandatory and should appear on the bills and the goods bought requires a mandatory check by an Australian border security officer before TRS is approved. My purchases had met all their conditions and requirements. The queue at Sydney airport was very long and I requested a few passengers ahead of me to allow me as I had to board the flight in 60 minutes. Few of them obliged and few didn’t. Somehow, I managed to reach the counter in 15 minutes or so, took it to an officer at the TRS counter who scanned the QR code, verified the bills I had uploaded against the products and asked me to produce the original physical copy of the bills along with the goods purchased, my passport for verification and my credit card and approved it and told me to not bring it back to Australia for which I nodded yes. The entire process took around 20-25 minutes (starting from waiting in the queue to coming out) and I finally collected the GST refund acknowledgement slip along with the original bills and saw that it was approved for 10k and happily headed towards boarding gate. I am still awaiting the refund or reversal, which normally would take around 45+ days from the day it is processed. Overall cost to me would be 90K after I receive the GST amount back in my forex card.
Congratulations Amyth, may you have hundreds and thousands of fun flying hours ahead.

I am a Mini 2 user, and a Tello user, and a few more toy-ish drones lying around the home. Yes the 120m ceiling is frustrating, many a times I have used various methods to bypass the same, and I thoroughly enjoyed being up there.
Now coming to the part of your experience carrying the drone from Australia, did you carry it with you in your hand luggage or you checked it in? In case of Check in, did you remove the battery of both the Drone and the controller?
I ask this because I have been recently to 3 trips to Europe, every time flew with Emirates. Emirates crew specifically kept asking me if I am carrying a drone among many other things. Now I am well aware I shouldnt be checking in any LiPo or NiCd or similar batteries or any device which has them. So what I used to do is, remove the battery from the drone, and the spare battery, put it all together in a pouch and carry in my hand bag, never had any security check issue. While putting the Drone, the controller in the carry case in my checkin luggage. But there is no way (at least in the mini 2 controller) to remove the battery. I have contemplated many a times, either to declare, or carry the controller with me in hand bag, but carrying the controller might unnecessarily create trouble with security check so avoided the same.

What have you done?

I have a 4 year EU drone pilot license, so I intend to take my drone to the EU every time I visit again in the future.

Last edited by arpanjha : 12th December 2022 at 16:41.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Well that's all I had for now !

Thanks for your time and attention !!
Man,what a detailed review. Superb! This is the longest I have read on this platform. Salute to the effort put in.

When did you start writing this ? Year 2008 or something??

Last edited by AnnaRocks : 12th December 2022 at 20:38.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 23:49   #23
BHPian

Woah this is the most detailed drone review I have ever come across so far, ever

The amount of time you have spent making this article is surely more than the time I spent flying my drone in last 3 months Jokes apart, you covered all possible combinations of accessories & useful tips which will make any newbie familiar with the drone ecosystem and how everything works. Few things I will like to mention:

1: When I got my Mini2 from UAE this September, the tourist tax refund gave me an option to get the money in card or cash. If card it will take max 30 days, but I opted for cash. Unfortunately they had a 10% forex markup rate while giving cash and I couldn't take cash in native (UAE) currency.

2: This thread is another testimony for people procrastinating importing drones from abroad due to fear of customs.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ket-india.html (Purchasing drones from overseas (vs buying from the grey market in India))
Sarcastically most people giving negative opinions there never imported a drone in real life or anything for that matter through customs.

3: Its good that DJI gave at least 120M altitude limit for this model vs 15M for Mini2 and older. Any plans to hack this limit to 500 and beyond ?

4: Is your controller running FCC or CE mode. I hope you are aware that DJI claimed range of 12KM for OC3 and 10 for OC2 are applicable for FCC only and for CE its lower. Unfortunately I found my controller default to CE. There are some hacks for that which I didn't enable yet.

Once again thanks for putting all these effort to make an article which is more detailed than the owners manual !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
What an incredibly detailed thread and account. For someone like me who has zero knowledge about the subject, this is an excellent reference. Have always wanted a drone but it gets pushed down in my list of things to buy! haha

Sometime soon though!

Thanks for sharing your full experience.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Incredible and exhaustive review. I am also having quite a lot of fun with my Mavic Mini and am considering an upgrade to the Mini3 sometime next year.
Great to know that you are enjoying your mavic.
Mini 3 would definitely be a good upgrade in terms of the camera, flight time and controller.
Technology wise, I guess it won't make much of a difference as it is a downgraded version of the MINI 3 PRO and still carries the DNA of Mini 2.
This is what I feel after seeing the specifications. But since it is much cheaper than the pro version,I would probably have picked the same and saved some more if Dji had launched the Mini 3, 2 months ago.
Anyway, whatever has happened has happened. No regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
One FAQ is the experience with customs upon arrival in India. Just the drone and the fly more combo usually doesn't attract attention but since you had the huge case, was this allowed without questioning?
Regarding your second question:

I think a few others also have asked the same question in different ways.

Well, DJI drones are pretty much legal in Australia and you can carry even the bigger ones like the Mavic 3 in an airplane cabin without any issues as long as the batteries are separated from the drone, discharged and are safely contained or stored in the Li-po bags. This is how it is in Qantas and I am not sure about other airlines.

Some airlines also require you to detach the propellers from the drone as they are analogous to sharp objects and are considered and classified as dangerous goods. Without propellers and the batteries, it just looks like a big charger and you should be able to carry it without any fuss.

The problem starts as soon as you land in India and it is just not easy to bring the bigger models and escape scot free because of the ban on import of drones from foreign countries. This also was the reason for me to drop the better and bigger drones from my list. Mini 3 is a sub 250 gram Nano drone and falls in the category of toy drones and the restrictions on toy drones are somewhat relaxed.

Drones are considered as luxury items and in a worst case scenario, if at all you are caught, they will make you pay the custom charges
which I think is 38.5% of the amount exceeding 50K + GST and let you go if it falls in the category of a toy drone and not otherwise.
Entirely depends on the Customs officer and the way you talk to them and better to speak always in a local/regional language instead of English during such situations.
This may not work always and in some cases it might get confiscated as well.
I was mentally prepared for such dicey scenarios and ordeals. The only confidence I had was, that I was carrying a toy drone.
If you are carry/bring bigger drones, that too box packed like me, I think you can forget them. It will definitely be seized. No room for negotiation. Period.

This is all done to promote "MAKE IN INDIA" and in fact is a good move to boost the economy of our nation. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any drone company in India that can compete with DJI at least in the recreational space. I am not sure about industrial drones, like the ones they use for agriculture etc.

Below is the link to TRS:

https://www.abf.gov.au/entering-and-...-refund-scheme

Since, I had opted for TRS or GST refund, I did not have any choice other than to bring everything box packed. I had learnt from the TRS portal that the TRS counter was located after the check-in counter at the airport.
So, there was no way for me to put the contents in the check in baggage and for TRS to get approved, I was required to show the original and sealed boxes having the same serial numbers as that on the invoice/bill
to the Border Security officer. This is mandatory especially for purchases above 1000 dollars.

If the purchased items are removed from their original boxes, you will need to provide a justification as to why you did that. Normally people don't carry boxes due to space constraints or to escape from customs. In some cases they accept and approve and in some cases they don't.

And for this reason I had to remove the contents of my carry on baggage and transfer it to the check-in baggage and pack Drone + batteries + hard shell as is in their original boxes in my carry on so that it would be easy to show it to an officer and get it approved at the TRS counter.

It was like a suitcase inside a suitcase. Since the foam inside the hard-case was removable, I took it out and transferred it to the main check-in baggage
and placed the drone inside the hard-case and put the hard shell back in its own box. Now it was easy to fit just the two boxes, Fly more kit and the hard case inside the carry on. That's it. Luckily everything fit well into my carry on case and it was full with just 2 boxes and nothing else. The only problem was the hard shell was quite heavy and the overall weight had exceeded the maximum 7 KG limit by another 4-5 KG and I was carrying a laptop too.
Luckily the ground staff at the check-in counter did not charge anything extra for carrying things over the limit and just let me go mostly because my check-in baggage weighed only around 28 KG and was within their allowed limits.

Most airlines require their passengers to carry Lithium batteries with no charge in them. The good thing about DJI is that all the batteries come completely discharged in their sealed original boxes and comply with airline regulations. This is done by DJI for safety purposes.

I had to travel from Melbourne to Sydney and Sydney to India, Bangalore. (Direct Flight) Melbourne to Sydney was a domestic flight and Sydney to India was an international flight and TRS could be claimed only in the last port of departure which in my case was Sydney.

It was Qantas all through and I had no trouble carrying that in the cabin. And When I landed here in India, the carry-on passed through the X-Ray scanner and no one stopped me or questioned me.
Can i call it sheer luck ? or did I plan and execute it well ? I don't know. I have no answer for this. I leave it to you to decide.
Finally, I confidently walked into the green channel without showing any signs of fear. The key is to behave very normal, as if you are not carrying anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Superb Review!
And thanks for providing a live demo of the Mini for my son at home!
Thanks and Glad, that your mini son liked the Mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I don't believe @Amyth was aware that it was illegal till I showed him some of the posts on the Drone thread here (The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice). I think it is just luck. One of the BHPians got a DJI Avata also from Dubai recently.
I very well knew that drones were banned in India and just took a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Great review. You got a killer price there at 90K with a ton of accessories. How did you carry it all on the flight? Did you bring the boxes or discarded them at the airport? Happy flying
Everything Box packed in the cabin. Was trouble free at least in Qantas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantrana View Post
I am myself have been looking to buy a drone and this an excellent thread to say the least.

Looks good from the specifications but you never know when it conks.
DJI has no competition here. Looks like the price is the same as Mini 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Super review and very well thought out list of accessories for the drone. Start using Digitalsky and figure out the green zones near where you are, post that fly a ton. Its an amazing drone, looking forward to the pics and videos
Yes, I was planning to register and acquire a pilot license. I know that it can be registered by paying a fee. But not sure on how to get a pilot license. Will need to explore more on Digital sky in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRing_ View Post
I've been wanting to get this query answered so thanks for this post!
Just re-confirming - as soon as you plug in the extended battery it requires you to register (since you're over 250 gm) and won't fly?
Strictly speaking YES, it needs to be registered if flown with the plus batteries. The weight goes up to about 300 grams when the plus batteries are installed. Not only this, even installing a landing gear which is about 3-4 grams takes the weight over 250 grams. So far I have only flown it on the top of my home and in an open field and practicing and getting used to it. So, I have not faced any issue and I have not registered it yet. Will do it soon.

I think this is not a problem if you are flying it outside city limits ?
I am not sure though. Does it require any registration ? It all gets messy only if you want to fly it over people and in urban landscapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjungod View Post
Thank you for such a detailed review.
Did you face any issue with the customs?
Which airport did you use?
Nope. Nothing. Just read my first reply above. I answered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Great Review and extremely detailed. I was told all Chinese drones are banned in India and there would be a crackdown on usage. Since DJI is also Chinese, any updates in this regard. My friend is a commercial drone operator and apparently drone federation of India has issued usage of India made drones like Ideaforge and throttle.
What is your take on this?
Yes, your friend is absolutely right. It is just not Chinese stuff, Drone import itself is banned from foreign countries. I have no idea on enterprise drones and the ones used for industrial exercises.

DJI too has enterprise series and they are miles ahead when it comes to technology. I am not sure if there is anything in India, similar to those.

May be you can check with your friend and see if the Idea forge has similar capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Congratulations Amyth, may you have hundreds and thousands of fun flying hours ahead.

I am a Mini 2 user, and a Tello user, and a few more toy-ish drones lying around the home. Yes the 120m ceiling is frustrating, many a times I have used various methods to bypass the same, and I thoroughly enjoyed being up there.
Now coming to the part of your experience carrying the drone from Australia, did you carry it with you in your hand luggage or you checked it in? In case of Check in, did you remove the battery of both the Drone and the controller?
I ask this because I have been recently to 3 trips to Europe, every time flew with Emirates. Emirates crew specifically kept asking me if I am carrying a drone among many other things. Now I am well aware I shouldnt be checking in any LiPo or NiCd or similar batteries or any device which has them. So what I used to do is, remove the battery from the drone, and the spare battery, put it all together in a pouch and carry in my hand bag, never had any security check issue. While putting the Drone, the controller in the carry case in my checkin luggage. But there is no way (at least in the mini 2 controller) to remove the battery. I have contemplated many a times, either to declare, or carry the controller with me in hand bag, but carrying the controller might unnecessarily create trouble with security check so avoided the same.

What have you done?

I have a 4 year EU drone pilot license, so I intend to take my drone to the EU every time I visit again in the future.
Read the first reply here.
Since you have all the required licenses, it would be less daunting for you to carry a drone. Just carry it like a camera. Will there be a problem ? I don't think so. You can always show them your registration papers and the license. I have flown in Emirates too to Dubai and US and of course not with a drone.

Do not ever place the Lithium Ion batteries in Check-in baggage. It is very dangerous and if it catches fire, it will be fatal for the entire flight. You will put everyone's life at risk.
It gets easily detected in the X-Ray scanners. So, carry them always with you into the cabin. So remove the batteries, always ensure to discharge them before taking in an airplane and place it in a separate Lipo container. Follow all the airline guidelines and make them feel that they are talking to an informed and an educated passenger.
If possible, remove the propellers and carry the drone as well so that all expensive things will be with you inside the cabin.
This is what I recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Man,what a detailed review. Superb! This is the longest I have read on this platform. Salute to the effort put in.

When did you start writing this ? Year 2008 or something??
Hahahah. No. It took me about 5 days to collate and consolidate all that I had learnt about this drone over the past 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Woah this is the most detailed drone review I have ever come across so far, ever

The amount of time you have spent making this article is surely more than the time I spent flying my drone in last 3 months Jokes apart, you covered all possible combinations of accessories & useful tips which will make any newbie familiar with the drone ecosystem and how everything works. Few things I will like to mention:

1: When I got my Mini2 from UAE this September, the tourist tax refund gave me an option to get the money in card or cash. If card it will take max 30 days, but I opted for cash. Unfortunately they had a 10% forex markup rate while giving cash and I couldn't take cash in native (UAE) currency.

2: This thread is another testimony for people procrastinating importing drones from abroad due to fear of customs.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ket-india.html (Purchasing drones from overseas (vs buying from the grey market in India))
Sarcastically most people giving negative opinions there never imported a drone in real life or anything for that matter through customs.

3: Its good that DJI gave at least 120M altitude limit for this model vs 15M for Mini2 and older. Any plans to hack this limit to 500 and beyond ?

4: Is your controller running FCC or CE mode. I hope you are aware that DJI claimed range of 12KM for OC3 and 10 for OC2 are applicable for FCC only and for CE its lower. Unfortunately I found my controller default to CE. There are some hacks for that which I didn't enable yet.

Once again thanks for putting all these effort to make an article which is more detailed than the owners manual !
Thanks for you encouragement buddy

I think 120M is more than sufficient for this Mini drone. This is a mini drone and not a Boeing-737 and I really don't want to fly it at 35,000 feet. This is my first drone and I don't want to lose it either.

Another thing I have noticed is, if you fly it too high, everything looks very compressed and miniaturized because of the small senor. A lot of people only talk about how far it can go and how high it can fly. I have not flown it beyond 300-400 meters to be honest with you and have not gone above 70 meters. Considering the drone's wind handling capabilities, I feel this is more than sufficient to get excellent footage.

Cinematography is not about flying very high and fast and far. It is about how well you capture things with your moves and make it interesting and captivate the audience. End result matters.

And I am not sure if I can remove the restrictions on the RC. Basically you will need to Flash it with some third party tools. I saw some on the internet and they are all paid. So do not want to mess it up.

Since Australia comes under FCC supported regions, the controller is by default booting up in FCC mode here in India.

See below:

Dji Mini 3 Pro Review | The Best Nano Drone-img_20221113_222350-1.jpg

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 13th December 2022 at 11:00.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:06   #25

Quote:

Strictly speaking YES, it needs to be registered if flown with the plus batteries. The weight goes up to about 300 grams when the plus batteries are installed. Not only this, even installing a landing gear which is about 3-4 grams takes the weight over 250 grams. So far I have only flown it on the top of my home and in an open field and practicing and getting used to it. So, I have not faced any issue and I have not registered it yet. Will do it soon.
if the drone is not prompting you to register before flight(with the extended battery) then i think it's getting treated as a nano drone else my guess is it would refuse to take off since you don't have license yet
NRing_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
if the drone is not prompting you to register before flight(with the extended battery) then i think it's getting treated as a nano drone else my guess is it would refuse to take off since you don't have license yet
I think you are mixing up things here. Categorization/Classification and Restricted Zones are not same.

The batteries have nothing to do with these restrictions as far as I know. I may be wrong as well.

For a drone to be classified as a Nano drone, the take off weight should be less than or equal to 250 grams. With extended batteries on, it will no longer fall under Nano category. But categorization does not restrict the pilot from taking off for a flight.

Will you not be able to drive a car without a license ? You definitely will be able to do it right ? It is just that you will no longer be in adherence with the laws. This is very similar and you only get into trouble if you get caught by the cops. The drone broadcasts all the info and if it is intercepted by cops, you could also land up in jail for breaking the laws and regulations.

On the other hand, You will not be able to fly in a restricted zone even with a normal battery. NPNT ( No Permission No Take Off ). The Geo fencing prevents take off in Red Zones. This is a different topic and probably requires permissions to obtained by the Government authorities and local police to to unlock and fly in restricted zones.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 00:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantrana View Post

When it comes to buying drone within India, stay away from any online sellers, period ! Check with local camera stores / grey market in your city. In my native Kolkata, prices of Mini series was around 5-10K more than US price vs 80-100% more for online retailers.

Quote:
The DJI Fly app restricts flying above certain altitudes depending on drone model, also based on proximity of the drone to airport and no flying zones. If overloading the drone with accessory like propeller guards / external camera, it switches to payload mode which limits altitude to 50M.

However these are all software based restrictions, and there are multiple hacks to bypass all these and fly drone above 500M and over airport as well, at your own risk

So do not worry too much about restrictions so long you are braking the law bigtime and causing public hazard.

Quote:

I think 120M is more than sufficient for this Mini drone.

Cinematography is not about flying very high and fast and far. It is about how well you capture things with your moves and make it interesting and captivate the audience. End result matters.

And I am not sure if I can remove the restrictions on the RC. Basically you will need to Flash it with some third party tools. I saw some on the internet and they are all paid. So do not want to mess it up.

Since Australia comes under FCC supported regions, the controller is by default booting up in FCC mode here in India.
Yes for professional purposes like events or wedding 120M is more than enough else the subject will be inconspicuous. However I have seen people taking it beyond 500M and over 5Km+ one way without any issues before RTH kicks in.

When it comes to hacks, there are mainly 2 types. App based hacks which tricks the controller and firmware level hacks which modifies the firmware of the drone or controller or both. Technically firmware based hacks are best as they are permanently embedded on your hardware and offers most low level exploits. App based hacks mostly offer removing altitude limit and needs to be manually enabled all the time. As you are using the DJI RC, you cannot use the app based ones which can be used for free and the firmware based Drone Hacks will cost around 36 euros.

App Based
Rainbow
Litchi

Firmware Based
Drone-Hacks

Name:  DroneHacks.JPG
Views: 777
Size:  40.5 KB

Last edited by Samfromindia : 14th December 2022 at 00:28.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

When it comes to hacks, there are mainly 2 types. App based hacks which tricks the controller and firmware level hacks which modifies the firmware of the drone or controller or both. Technically firmware based hacks are best as they are permanently embedded on your hardware and offers most low level exploits. App based hacks mostly offer removing altitude limit and needs to be manually enabled all the time. As you are using the DJI RC, you cannot use the app based ones which can be used for free and the firmware based Drone Hacks will cost around 36 euros.

App Based
Rainbow
Litchi

Firmware Based
Drone-Hacks

Attachment 2389874
AS far as I understand, there is no way to remove the 120m limit on the Smart RC.

So, people who have bought the Mini 3 with the new RC will need to find someone who has the N1-RC to use this hack. This is basically a hack for a hack. There is no direct way to remove the 120m limit on the new RC.

Moreover, they do not have the hack for the latest firmware as well as of today. So there is no point in applying it unless one wants to use an older version of firmware on their RC. Will need to wait till they update it.

Dji Mini 3 Pro Review | The Best Nano Drone-not-available.jpg

The latest firmware details are below:

Dji Mini 3 Pro Review | The Best Nano Drone-djisupport.jpg

Dji has been releasing new firmware updates almost once in 20-25 days and this is the 3rd time that I have updated the firmware on my RC in the last 2 months.

The Drone-hacks team will need to keep up with the pace of DJI releases to stay up to date.
Old 17th December 2022, 10:09   #29
BHPian

Got a chance to shoot yesterday in the evening. This was shot at around 6.15- 6.30 PM in the evening with the new DJI wide angle lens.

Shot in Full automatic mode. The lens is simply superb and packs a lot into the scene. There is however a small amount of distortion or the convex feel to it, which I think is natural to wide angle lenses and should be absolutely OK. This can also be fixed in the post but will result in the loss of edges. Most of the scene is sharp at the center, and it gets progressively softer when moved away from the center and towards the edges. This is the expected behavior of a wide angle lens.

This also gives an idea about the low light performance of camera on Mini 3 Pro is. It does bump up the ISO and adds a lot of noise in the Auto mode.
Since it is a lens with a very wide open aperture, it is better to shoot in manual mode and get even better looking shots.

Watch the cinematic sunset in 4K.

Watch the sun go down the horizon at around 1 minute 30 seconds on the timeline. Watch out for the revealing shot ! In case it starts of in the low 720p resolution, make sure to go to settings and choose the 4K option under it.

Below is the screen grab:

Dji Mini 3 Pro Review | The Best Nano Drone-sunet2.jpg
Old 26th February 2023, 15:48   #30
BHPian

That was a treasure trove of info on the mini 3 pro. Thank you! I went through a similar phase and ended up with the the same mini-beast in Dec-22 like you did. Do you have recommendations for the tools to to edit the footage? I have a bunch of them sitting in the mem card for the last 3 months waiting for a view :-(
A quick search for beginners gives me iMovie for the Mac and VSDC for Windows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks