Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 13:39   #16
BHPian

It is better to test it for some days using in the car, before you really 'install' it on the dash. May be experts here could help us, if these portable DVD players can take up the vibrations of the moving car and still play the movie?! and what best we can do to make them work.

And one more thing to check is if you power off the player, and later switch it on again, will it continue from where it was switched off or start from the begining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I have portable DVD 7'' inc. screen from PHILIPS,gifted by my cousin...
palnning to install it in my ALTO on the dash(not a car player)...gives us a back-up of 2 hr...can we connect that to a mobile charger in the car for the power supply with appropriate converters....so that it can run even on power .....
Old 24th March 2008, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Thanks to this thread, I finally bought the Coby portable DVD player (a couple of months back, infact).

COBY Online - TF-DVD7307

It came with in-car charger, a holder bag to hang it on the backup front seat's headrest etc.

My daughter now is busy in watching colorful rhymes and don't get irritated during long drives or in night.

I observed, it did skip or get stuck when I ran over bumpy road. I have dropped the idea of making it a permanent fit or do any customization to mount it somewhere in the car.

So far, only those rhymes CD has been played in that. I guess, it continues from the 'track' it was running when switched off, though not sure if the same frame it starts from. when it was switched off. Might not be workable for movies if it only remembers track number.
Attached Thumbnails
Portable DVD Player-coby.jpg  

Old 19th November 2009, 20:47   #18

How is this brand - Mitashi?

I came across a portable DVD player from Mitashi (TFD-7608) for around 6K. It looks like a mini notebook pc, and it seems pretty much complete in being able to play dvds, mp3s and divx. Claims a battery life of 2.5 hrs on a complete charge. It's even got that socket where you connect the TV cable directly to watch cable television if you want.

Does anyone own this or similar machine? A brief review and some pointers would be very helpful. I wonder if there are any players with a better battery life. Any clues? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks