Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 14:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
You can charge Eneloop with any good charger meant for NiMh batteries. I would recommend using a slow charger for normal use (charging time more than 5 hrs) and using the fast charger only when urgent need arises. This way your batteries will last longer, as a fast charger stresses the battery, prduces heat, etc.
That is a useful suggestion. Thanks. The charger I have charged the eneloops at around 5 hours time to 'full' mark on LCD. But as you said, batteries were warm enough to feel!
Sanyo Eneloop charger costs a lot. So, I am thinking of alternate options. Like Kodak NiMH charger (Rs 450/- NiMH charger with 2000 mAh Nimh battery set of 4). Do you have anything to suggest? I am mostly fine with longer charginbg times like 8 hrs.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Like Kodak NiMH charger (Rs 450/- NiMH charger with 2000 mAh Nimh battery set of 4). Do you have anything to suggest? I am mostly fine with longer charginbg times like 8 hrs.
Is this a price with 4 batteries or charger alone, I need to buy one and found there's too much of options on online store, although i need to visit my fav. shop to get a charger and battery but not finding time to reach the old city.
Old 20th October 2010, 17:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Is this a price with 4 batteries or charger alone, I need to buy one and found there's too much of options on online store, although i need to visit my fav. shop to get a charger and battery but not finding time to reach the old city.
It is charger+4 batteries at shops on SP Road , Bangalore.
I know someone using the same and his experience with the batteries was better than Camelion, Eveready etc.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
It is charger+4 batteries at shops on SP Road , Bangalore.
I know someone using the same and his experience with the batteries was better than Camelion, Eveready etc.
thanks, I saw that a store nearby, but found 2500mAh from kodak to be more promising.
It was MRP Rs.360/pair
my friend who happens to have recently started kodak retail outlet gave me surprising discount and i was able to get it for Rs.250/- wow

Charged it over-night in cheap charger and my old canon A400 is back to life.
Kodak 2500mAh
Battery Charger & Rechargeable batteries-batt.jpg

Cheap charger, Rs.70 only bought earlier.
Battery Charger & Rechargeable batteries-cheapcharger.jpg
charging.....
Battery Charger & Rechargeable batteries-cheapcharger2.jpg
Old 25th October 2010, 22:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
thanks, I saw that a store nearby, but found 2500mAh from kodak to be more promising.
It was MRP Rs.360/pair
my friend who happens to have recently started kodak retail outlet gave me surprising discount and i was able to get it for Rs.250/- wow
You got a very good price!

See, this is my current charger-battery pair. Eneloops get warmer considerably and takes 4-5 hours to charge completely after a full drain.

Battery Charger & Rechargeable batteries-eneloop_on_jpl.jpg

Anyone has experience on this JPL charger? The manual says it has auto cut-off and LCD display is dependable as I have checked.

I am considering a Kodak charger which is a slow charger for regular use as I do not want fast charging in normal. But do they have autocut?

Looking at Kodak charger because it comes with 4 2100mAh cells and costs Rs.450/- and I have seen them dependable .
Old 26th October 2010, 03:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
You got a very good price!

See, this is my current charger-battery pair. Eneloops get warmer considerably and takes 4-5 hours to charge completely after a full drain.

Anyone has experience on this JPL charger? The manual says it has auto cut-off and LCD display is dependable as I have checked.

I am considering a Kodak charger which is a slow charger for regular use as I do not want fast charging in normal. But do they have autocut?

Looking at Kodak charger because it comes with 4 2100mAh cells and costs Rs.450/- and I have seen them dependable .
whats the cost of this JPL charger you have ?

I am also planing to buy the kodak 2100mAh with charger pack in a day or two, as i constantly need 2 cells for my logitech cordless mouse, its a battery eater and I hate using the wired one.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
whats the cost of this JPL charger you have ?

I am also planing to buy the kodak 2100mAh with charger pack in a day or two, as i constantly need 2 cells for my logitech cordless mouse, its a battery eater and I hate using the wired one.
I paid Rs.650/- for the charger.
I suggest you to look at Eneloop also as they are better than Kodak batteries in terms of self discharge.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:11   #38
BHPian

Eneloop seems to be the popular choice and i bought a pair (2+2) for 900 total recently, after consulting this thread. They are giving me some real good run time of 400+ snaps and 10-12 videos of roughly 2 mins each at 1260p (HD 30 FPS). Highly recommended.

P.S. Please note that i need to use all 4 cells in my SX20IS.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I paid Rs.650/- for the charger.
I suggest you to look at Eneloop also as they are better than Kodak batteries in terms of self discharge.
yes i will try eneloop if I am able to grab them.
however just checked with the kodak friend
kodak charger with 4x 2100mAh batteries is MRP Rs.845/-
kodak charger with 2x 2100mAh batteries is MRP Rs.599/-

don't know what discount i'll get this time.

you mentioned Rs.450/- in above post for kodak batt + charger, i think the price you mentioned is for old stock 2 battery pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Eneloop seems to be the popular choice and i bought a pair (2+2) for 900 total recently, after consulting this thread. They are giving me some real good run time of 400+ snaps and 10-12 videos of roughly 2 mins each at 1260p (HD 30 FPS). Highly recommended.

P.S. Please note that i need to use all 4 cells in my SX20IS.
Yes heard many good experience for eneloop apart from this thread,
do they offer a pack of 2 battery ?
Old 27th October 2010, 13:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
yes i will try eneloop if I am able to grab them.
however just checked with the kodak friend
kodak charger with 4x 2100mAh batteries is MRP Rs.845/-
kodak charger with 2x 2100mAh batteries is MRP Rs.599/-

don't know what discount i'll get this time.

you mentioned Rs.450/- in above post for kodak batt + charger, i think the price you mentioned is for old stock 2 battery pack.

What I saw for Rs.450 was similar to this . Is this 'original' Kodak ?
CHeck JJ Mehtha online store, they have pack of 2 eneloops. But priced at Rs.350/-
Old 27th October 2010, 14:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thats correct, a back of 2 batteries it is, and costs 450 each. You can charge them with any charger. I use an old Sanyo charger of mine and will have to look up the model and will post some pics later in the day today. Absolute VFM.

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 27th October 2010 at 14:12.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:42   #42
BHPian

OK, let me visit the friend's shop and dig more details, possibly today.

I need only 2 batteries as of now, let me check what works out best for me.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:08   #43
BHPian

shyam, have you used camelion rechargeables ?
I found it on ebay however in my city its Rs.285/ 2 pcs.

I can go for another kodak 2500mAh for same discount I got earlier, so i am now confused little bit, should I go for another pair of kodak or try different brand ?
Old 27th October 2010, 19:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
shyam, have you used camelion rechargeables ?
I found it on ebay however in my city its Rs.285/ 2 pcs.

I can go for another kodak 2500mAh for same discount I got earlier, so i am now confused little bit, should I go for another pair of kodak or try different brand ?
I used them but they are not the same as shown in the ebay listing you put. These are with similar tech as Eneloop i guess. Must be good.

What I had was the orange colored ones (2500mAh and 2700mAh). Not sure, if they were genuine ones or knock-offs. Also my father-in-law had few. They used to lose charge very fast, use them or store them. Everytime I had to recharge them before I put them to use. Always charged with the charger it came with. Charger and batteries used to get very hot. All these probably killed the battery very fast. Did not last very long. That is how I decided to stay away from that brand.

FYI, in bangalore Eneloops 2000mAh are available for Rs 550/- for set of 4.

Last edited by shyamhegde : 27th October 2010 at 19:23. Reason: Added more information
Old 27th October 2010, 19:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of Eneloops, Sanyo has launched a special fifth anniversary edition: Sanyo glams up Eneloop batteries for fifth anniversary -- Engadget

Quote:
FYI, in bangalore Eneloops 2000mAh are available for Rs 550/- for set of 4.
Can you give the particulars of the shop please?

Last edited by Jaguar : 27th October 2010 at 19:52.

Most Viewed