Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 22:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

don't you think that this building rule is absurd at the very least.
Is it even legal to prevent a resident from being able to enjoy all the benefits of a building including the terrace.

lawyers, anyone here with experiance on buiding rules?

who passed this law for the building.
where is it entered in writing on an official document registered with the government or whatever authority that dish antenna cannot be fixed on the roof.
fight for your rights. you own a part of the building and are entitled to everything in/ on it.

all the best
Old 22nd November 2007, 04:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Both Tata and Dishtv have a program for societies with a single Dish for all connections in the building. Infact a few societies wont allow the dishes in the balcony because it really looks ugly and would prefer to have a single dish on the roof. I know Tata will install one large dish for the building if there are more than 25 connections in the building.
Old 22nd November 2007, 07:43   #18
BHPian

khanak I am aware of 1 dish for multiple people funda but the problem here is building manager stated we don't want to mess up our terrace with wires and dishes and hence we insist you use hathway, if you still want dish then try and fix it in your balcony but the flat which you are renting it will not work because the balcony direction is west
Do i pay tatasky before they install of after. If they can't install will they give 1000rs back and will they give me back my next 6 months subscription fees. Or atleast can i transfer the subscription fees to parents' tatasky connection in pune.
ANyone knows how is hathway on 42" screen!!

PS - tsk11979, appt in question is not diamond district it is raheja residency in koramangla

Last edited by jassi : 22nd November 2007 at 07:48.
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

For 42" you need a STB atleast, ordinary cable will look bad
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:20   #20
BHPian

exactly I wonder what the raheja building managers have against fitting a dish on terrace and all these rich folks who can afford to buy flats in raheja do they run their plasmas and lcds on cable
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:13   #21
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, your relocation charges will only be charged once your sign on the form that the installer gets with him. The amount will be cut from your balance with TataSky and displayed on your screen. If it goes into negative, you have a grace of 3 days to top it up. So go ahead and ask for a relocation and let the installer do his bit.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
khanak I am aware of 1 dish for multiple people funda but the problem here is building manager stated we don't want to mess up our terrace with wires and dishes and hence we insist you use hathway,
What about hathway wires, are they running wireless service? This is very absurd.
In our society we formed rule that one can not install dishes in common area and outside walls, terrace is OK and same if installed in own balcony. Same time taka sky is giving us common dish for all people they call something MDU.

Solution:-
1. See, this antenna also works on reflected signal too, if there is concrete plastered wall acting as mirror next to balcony.
[I used this setup when my dish was not made straight for Russian satellite transmitting ATN channel (C-band). I used signal reflected from my neighbours wall, before that I got it painted by my own expense]. This was try and error method to judge and move dish for perticular direction and imaginating reflection. Signal loss was 50% and for anolog its was very bad but digital nothing was bad (which is tatasky).
(if you tell this to tata sky guy then it won't fit in his theory, but I am playing with these things since 1989)
2. Look for some other window in your house or opening towards south.

3. Talk with neighbour.

4. Look for any thick tree branch against balcony.

5. If you want only in balcony then I see nothing.

Last edited by omishra : 22nd November 2007 at 10:34.
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:04   #23
BHPian

I used to stay in Raheja Residency till about mid-last year. It is impossible to have any satellite dishes in west facing balconies there. The only options left for you are,

1. Befriend your neighbour
2. Rally in all "west facers" and get the society to have a common dish somewhere
3. Move to another apartment with south/east balconies.

I opted for the last one
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:12   #24
BHPian

geez i am yet to shift in and both me and my friend have dishtv and tatasky respectively.
Is it possible to take the tatasky credit and put it in someone else's tatasky account (i.e. my parents)
I think I will raise a call with tatasky to shift and then when they cant fix it - i will ask them for options or transfer of credit atleast if nothing works.
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:42   #25
BHPian

As far as I know, TataSky or DishTV will not transfer any credit to any other account.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
don't you think that this building rule is absurd at the very least.
Is it even legal to prevent a resident from being able to enjoy all the benefits of a building including the terrace.

lawyers, anyone here with experiance on buiding rules?

who passed this law for the building.
where is it entered in writing on an official document registered with the government or whatever authority that dish antenna cannot be fixed on the roof.
fight for your rights. you own a part of the building and are entitled to everything in/ on it.

all the best
Bblost, the building is constructed in such a way that the entire top floor area is taken by penthouses. Also, the top of the penthouses are slanting.
So there is no access to terrace.

@jassi, in my opinion, the only two options you have are:
1. Ask someone with east facing balconies for permission to install the dish (Consider yourself lucky if this works out).
2. Sell the connection to someone else and get a STB.

If you end up using hathway, beware that the cable guy is not very honest. So save all the receipts. Also, fight with him (if needed) for installation charges as the cables are already installed and its just plug and play.

- Jag
Old 12th February 2008, 13:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Folks need suggestions now. Any TATA sky users who wanna share experiences with the quality and service ?

Am looking at installing one in my house.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:43   #28
BHPian

Been a subscriber since the day they launched services in Shillong. Overall good experience. Though it has been a little expensive ever since their Add-On packages have been launched but no complains about the picture and sound quality.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Folks need suggestions now. Any TATA sky users who wanna share experiences with the quality and service ?

Am looking at installing one in my house.
The quality is really good. I think its worth going in for. If you have a big TV connected with the home theater kind of setup TataSky is just unbeatable. Watching programs on NatGeo is amazing fun!

If your cablewalah charges something like Rs.250 pm then Tata Sky serves a much much better purpose for the same money.

They have a prepaid kind of funda. You buy those recharge coupons and charge your account. They keep deducting from that account at a fixed rate everyday (unless you ask for movie on demand type of service wherein they deduct more) till you are reaching 0 balance. At this point they send you a message which shows up in the top middle of the screen as a closed envelope. Pretty straightforward I think...
Old 12th February 2008, 14:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Now I'm also facing the same issue. I've recently moved in to a new apartment complex and from my apartment there is not signal at all.My own building is blocking the signal.My next block has the line of sight but I'm not yet able to talk to the estate manager to allow me to put the dish there.It's just frustrating not to have TV. Probably I'll go for the hathway STB but I didn't find the quality of Hathway STB's comparable to Tata Sky's picture and sound quality.Two of my friends are using hathway STB and I didn't find them any good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks