Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 15:09   #31
BANNED

TATA Sky is currently the most reliable way to watch TV channels. Can't trust the Cable guy. IPTV is yet to pick up. Only alternatives are Dish TV & Sun DTH. Haven't heard good reviews about Sun DTH. Choose between Dish TV & TATA Sky. Or wait for Reliance to launch their DTH with a Toshiba LCD TV offer .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Folks need suggestions now. Any TATA sky users who wanna share experiences with the quality and service ?
Old 12th February 2008, 15:58   #32
BHPian

Any idea if Dish TV also requires that the dish be installed in the same direction as TATA Sky?
Old 12th February 2008, 18:08   #33
BHPian

99.99% chances are that it has to be installed in the same direction. Because all geostatioary satellites when viewed from the northern hemisphere are in the southern direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity View Post
Any idea if Dish TV also requires that the dish be installed in the same direction as TATA Sky?
Old 12th February 2008, 19:01   #34
BHPian

when I moved me and my roomie both had tatasky and dishtv respectively and none works (which is why i started this thread and i guess both are in the same direction) we are now using hathway stb and its not as good as tatasky but pretty decent on my 42" and that in my opinion is the only good choice if you dont have satellite line of sight.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Took the plunge about a week back. Was too busy and engrossed in putting TataSky to use .

Excellent quality and the I have no complaints. Thanks to all who re-commended this.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Any chance of getting optical/digital out for audio/video in tata sky or Dish karo wish karo TV??
Old 20th February 2008, 15:07   #37
BHPian

i think the set top boxes by tata sky/dish/hathway are old generation and there seem to be no current plans to offer 720p video and digital audio. The day they plan to offer digital audio/video, they will start offering the high end boxes (with optical/coax audio out and hdmi/component video out) from thomson or humax or whichever brand they use.

-j

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks