Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Which bluetooth headset to get

Hey guys..im looking to pick up a headset..i have a nokia n73..but there are so many available i have no idea which one to buy..please advise..
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:43   #2
BHPian

I am currently using a Plantronics Discovery 640
Plantronics )) Mobile )) Bluetooth Mobile Headsets )) Plantronics Discovery™ 640E Bluetooth® Headset

Great headset, comes with three different size ear gels for fitting and the option to use an included ear hook if you want added reassurance.

The best bit for me is that this model supports 'Multipoint'. This means you can pair two mobiles and use them at the same time. Make or receive a call one one mobile, end that call and make or receive from another paired mobile without having to go through the whole pairing process. I got mine when I was in UK, don't know what the Indian cost is going to be. Another high end headset is the Jabra JX10.

Apart from the above, it all boils down to what your budget is and which one you like the look of.
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:14   #3
BHPian

Jabra, The best in the industry.

Go for it. Jabra is not a me too brand. Blue tooth is their core-competency.
Old 10th April 2008, 00:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, i am eyeing plantronics 520. i also need multipoint functionality. one for phone and the other for laptop.

any other suggestions?

EDIT: and also Jabra BT5010

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 10th April 2008 at 00:07.
Old 10th April 2008, 01:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Jawbone if you have the money.
Old 10th April 2008, 01:24   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

I use i-tech Clip II Mini. Fantastic.
It connects to 2 different nos at the same time and 6 hrs of talktime, what else one need? Im completely satisfied.
Old 10th April 2008, 01:48   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

The only problem with jabra bluetooth headsets is that if their chargers stop working or you misplace them,its very difficult finding a replacement charger in the market.But yes jabra is really good.The other good blueooth headsets are by motorola,good call quality and cheap too.I wasnt comfortable wearing a bluetooth headset so picked up the Jabra sp5050.
Jabra SP5050 - Bluetooth speakerphone for your car and confernce calling
Its a mobile bluetooth speakerphone which can clip on to your car's visor,has a talktime of 12hrs and standby time of 200hrs,and it has a car charger provided with it.
Since my phone,motorola razr2 supports a2dp profile,i bought the motorola snoop s9.its got awesome sound quality.
Motorola Motorola Bluetoothâ„¢ Active Headphones S9

Last edited by hellspawn : 10th April 2008 at 01:51.
Old 10th April 2008, 01:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

devarshi, I am impressed with jawbone reviews. but doesn't look comfortable on ears and doesn't seem to support multipoint. Do you know if it's otherwise?

in fact i love the design of plantronics 510, which has most of the bulk close to the skull, hence less strain on ears. dunno why they changed it in 520.

itech clip will not work because i intend to use it for active use. there are good stereo sets too, but i will think of them only if they are good in every other aspect that i need.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 10th April 2008 at 02:00.
Old 10th April 2008, 13:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Jabra is good in Bluetooth, but their material and mechanical design abilities are severely lacking. I have a Jabra for the last 2 years, and the blooming thing is falling apart -
* plastic cracked in 3 places,
* the silicone rubber earphone tip is hard as nails already,
* the single screw is embedded in the body, the place where is screws in is cracked!
* the paint has chipped off
And to think I have never dropped it once so far! Have kept it going with cyanoacrylate glue - sending 5K down the drain is something that my heart will not accept!!!
Old 10th April 2008, 13:57   #10
BHPian

The trick to making the Jawbone fit perfectly, is to interchange the loops and buds till you get one that fits perfectly. If you change ears, then repeat cos it might not fit the other ear.

Don't know about multipoint though, but the noise cancellation is great. you can get Jawbones from US eBay for about $70 ( retail is about $120 )
Old 10th April 2008, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Samsung WEP 200: Hands All Over the Tiny Bluetastic Headset

Check this out Cali. Have been using it for nearly a year now and more than happy with it's battery life, it's compactness etc. and yes the build quality is just too good. Plastics used is magnificent.

Last edited by suren181 : 10th April 2008 at 14:14. Reason: Addition
Old 10th April 2008, 15:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Check out iQua. I have been using it for months now and the talk time is pretty good (6 hours). Takes only 2 hours for a full charge.
Old 10th April 2008, 15:47   #13
BHPian

Jawbone, the best. I bought it for a discount when I was in US and it does its job to perfection. I experimented with this many times by switching on the noise reduction mode during driving and joining the conference calls for official work. The other party who I talk to were never able to catch that I am on road driving where everyone honks madly.
Old 10th April 2008, 23:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
Jawbone, the best. I bought it for a discount when I was in US and it does its job to perfection. I experimented with this many times by switching on the noise reduction mode during driving and joining the conference calls for official work. The other party who I talk to were never able to catch that I am on road driving where everyone honks madly.

i have a jawbone and the biggest grouse is it does not fit nicely, i tried all different sizes of clips and ear piece, but none of them gives a secure feeling, it always feels like it is going to fall off, secondly its quite big.

however i agree on the noise reduction part.
Old 10th April 2008, 23:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

I guess i will go with plantronics 520, wish it was shaped as 510 though. buy.com has it for around 44 USD.

Thanks everybody.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks