Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 19:02   #31
BHPian

dude that is because its a local original dvd and your lappy's or pc's dvd player is set to same region. If you get an original dvd from US or some other country, you will need dvd decrypter. Also if you used those el cheapo non-original dvds no decryption needed Then again you may be lucky enough to have a dvd drive which is not yet region selected (you have 5-6 firmware attempts to change regions once you select one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I have used some DVDs and was able to just copy the whole thing in my hard disk, no ripping involved. and then just play it thru VLC player. Do we really have to go thru all this? or is it some default decrypter working in background on my lappy?

Last edited by jassi : 30th July 2008 at 19:06.
Old 30th July 2008, 19:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
dude that is because its a local original dvd and your lappy's or pc's dvd player is set to same region. If you get an original dvd from US or some other country, you will need dvd decrypter. Also if you used those el cheapo non-original dvds no decryption needed Then again you may be lucky enough to have a dvd drive which is not yet region selected (you have 5-6 firmware attempts to change regions once you select one)
should be the same region thing. I am talking about the DVDs from public library, and quite possible that here in US they are not that finicky about security.

Edit: You were right !
Best way to rip DVDs?-clipboard01.jpg

now, does that mean indian DVD should be easily copied to indian PC?

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 30th July 2008 at 19:30.
Old 30th July 2008, 19:33   #33
BHPian

oh boy US is where it all started i guess - because 20th century warner bros et al are in favor of region coding - why not make more money !!
anyways if use a US dvd on US dvd drive no probs, same for indian dvds on indian dvd drives
Old 27th April 2009, 13:48   #34
BHPian

Hi,

I've lots of DVDs copied to hard disk; these DVDs are in their standard format, VOB files under the VIDEO_VS folder. Typically one DVD contains 4-5 movies with sub-titles.

I want to rip selected titles from these DVDs (copied on HDD), preferably with sub-titles. Is there any ripper which will let me do that? I tried a few but none had this functionality :-(

Thanks

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks