Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 01:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

It was only launched a month ago in the UK so should be hitting Indian shores soon.

It is not yet listed on the HTC India web site : HTC - Products

However univercell have it listed at 33K. Phone Details

I flashed a new ROM yesterday and tried out GPS and it locks on from a cold start in less than 30 seconds. This beats the Omnia even for non cold starts.

I noticed HTC have launched the HTC 4G in India which comes with built in wimax capability.

Last edited by bigman : 4th January 2009 at 01:27.
Old 6th January 2009, 15:53   #32
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Bigman, I see why you hate the Omnia..it could be coz you were running on rom version that had loads of bugs..after the upgrade from the samsung site you'd be surprisede at what the new HZ rom can do. GPS is quick. Things are looking nice. BUt I'd go for an HTC HD anyday.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:04   #33
BANNED

How is the divx performance? Can we watch the regular 700MB divx movies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
(omnia- DIVX certified,pretty darn good)
Old 6th January 2009, 16:12   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

As of now I have absolutely no issues after the rom upgrade..plus watching it from the phone onto the lcd tv is a blast.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Bigman, I see why you hate the Omnia..it could be coz you were running on rom version that had loads of bugs..after the upgrade from the samsung site you'd be surprisede at what the new HZ rom can do. GPS is quick. Things are looking nice. BUt I'd go for an HTC HD anyday.
I did upgrade the rom a few times even tried a few custom Omnia roms from Modaco but for some reason I just did not get on with the Omnia. I tried putting some Skyscape medical apps on and it was limited to how many I could get working on the device. I Even tried running the Manilla interface on it so I could pretend it was a HTC device. I have ordered a 8gb micro SD card for the HD and so far am much happier with it than I ever was with the Omnia. The only things I liked about the Omnia were the dimensions, solid build feel and the 8GB on board together with a micro sd slot (if only HTC had included a micro SD slot on the Diamond).

Since I got the Omnia (a few months ago) it had been sat on a chest of drawers in the spare bedroom. I would turn it on once in a while and charge the battery, then I would look at the GUI and get depressed and put it away again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks