Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 19:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Sweet! Can't wait for the 3G options to crop up!!
Looking forward to what Vodafone will offer!
Old 14th October 2010, 20:25   #47
BHPian

What is going to happen to current 2G users once 3G is launched. Will they be moved to 3G or will they be given an option to stay on 2G or pay more to move to 3G?
Old 14th October 2010, 21:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

3G is an option. If your handset is 3G capable, you can use both 2G and 3G if you pay for 3G service.
Old 15th October 2010, 07:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ive been enjoying Blazing fast 3g connectivity from Bsnl since 6 months. There have been instances where ive had 3g coverage even in villages!!! (which is not possible with either airtel or vodaphone or tata or even reliance)
Old 15th October 2010, 10:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sweet! Can't wait for the 3G options to crop up!!
Looking forward to what Vodafone will offer!
Me to waiting for Vodafone 3G, hope they do not price it to highly like they have been doing GRPS postpaid (Mumbai Circle).
Old 16th October 2010, 01:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Ive been enjoying Blazing fast 3g connectivity from Bsnl since 6 months. There have been instances where ive had 3g coverage even in villages!!! (which is not possible with either airtel or vodaphone or tata or even reliance)
I also leave in Bangalore and somehow not happy with 3G especially when I am using it via datacard on my laptop. i am getting very poor speeds of less than 50 kbps. Even the network bar on 3G modem shows only one or maximum 2 (2 shows up rarely) and i think this is the major issue which is contributing to low speed.
I work from home many a times and need to use VOIP or skype for making calls to US clients. its makes impossible for me to make skype calls with such low speeds
Can you please suggest what must be the problem? Also, can you let me know whether you are also facing the same problem mentioned above which i am facing. I stay in Basaveshwaranagar and checked the network coverage map on the 3G website and my area is well covered.

Thanks for your help and time to reply.
Old 17th October 2010, 10:04   #52
BHPian

3g settings?

Quote:
Can you share your connection settings?
Old 21st October 2010, 07:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Can you share your connection settings?
for south zone the apn is bsnlnet that's it no password/id or any other details to be filled.

@lazybrain Im not sure about your problem. But at times when there is poor network the speed deteriorates or switches to Edge based connection.
I get constantly 150+ kbps download speeds. I think its got to do with how close you are to the nearest bsnl telephone exchange as i live barely a kilometer from it.

Last edited by vinaydas : 21st October 2010 at 07:09.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
@lazybrain Im not sure about your problem. But at times when there is poor network the speed deteriorates or switches to Edge based connection.
I get constantly 150+ kbps download speeds. I think its got to do with how close you are to the nearest bsnl telephone exchange as i live barely a kilometer from it.
Me too leave within a KM from exchange but not getting full network (full network means 4 bars- i hardly get 1 or rarely 2 bars). Do you get full network when you use 3G SIM with datacard on your laptop?
Old 5th November 2010, 20:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Any tata Docomo users here?
3G has been launched,and its free till 11th Nov.
I tried it on my iphone,but i am unable to get through the link,in the SMS
Old 5th November 2010, 20:58   #56
BHPian

Guys - I heard that airtel is planning to launch 3G services during December 2010. does anybody have any unofficial information when is the exact launch date? I am keenly waiting for Airtel 3G since i am using BSNL 3G from past 3 months and i hate the unstable connection. Thinking seriously to migrate over Airtel 3G. I wont expect it to be the best but would be at least be positive that their technical team/customer care would know what they are speaking about when they are helping the customers. BSNL customer care here sucks big time!
Old 6th November 2010, 11:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Grass always feels greener on the other side! My experience with Airtel customer service has been so disenchanting (I don't remember a single incident otherwise) that I have reconciled to switching off and restarting the device if there is a problem rather than asking Airtel. 15 days back I called them about the bad signal strength in the general area where I live, and the CS person was stuck on a single point "So you are facing problems at your billing address?"! Gentleman, do you think I stand in one place on one leg the whole day?
Old 6th November 2010, 12:00   #58
BHPian

@Deralte agreed. This is not only the case with airtel/BSNL but with all service providers even outside of mobile industry - NIL after sales support.
My point was BSNL is worst among all. I am not sure whether you had any experience speaking to Customer care of BSNL. A real pity- they are even unable to communicate in English. Finally got fed up and thought it was wise to go personally to BSNL CSC and discuss 3G issues face to face - I could get only arrogant response from them rather than getting a resolution to my problem. I have spent almost Rs. 2500 for Teracom datacard + 750 bucks for 3G SIM. Let me be happy by thinking that it was charity to BSNL
Old 9th November 2010, 17:47   #59
BHPian

Tata DoCoMo announces 3G tariff

Tata DoCoMo announces 3G tariff - *Business News - News - MSN India
Old 10th November 2010, 11:20   #60

Hi guys

So, if I'm looking to get a pre-paid SIM and data plan (preferably on 3G), who is the best provider in your view, particularly with regard to coverage and speed.

I'm tossing up between Airtel and TataDoCoMo. I'd be looking to get the package in late Dec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks