Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 14:28   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Unni, after reading your thread, I took (what may be) an impulsive decision this afternoon. I called them up & asked if it was still available at the "special price", fully expecting a "No".
Why am I not surprised? Congratulations both.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:27   #17
BHPian

Do we know if this is still available?
Old 24th December 2008, 18:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unni, after reading your thread, I took (what may be) an impulsive decision this afternoon. I called them up & asked if it was still available at the "special price", fully expecting a "No".

But guess what? Still available. Cost me 10,075 including 300 for shipping. Delivery expected day after tomorrow. Hope it comes in as scheduled.

Call them up - you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Congrats, a good decision.

Though they have taken it off the site, I think they will continue to sell it for some more time.

You'd love the gizmo when on a foggy day you cannot see the roads ahead or intersections; on a long drive this would increase your average speeds, you'd enjoy it.

Happy Navigating,

--Ramky
======
Old 25th December 2008, 02:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

HI, Ive ordered one too. There is this voucher code which u need to feed into the site and it gives you the discounted price.
Should arrrive in 3 days I guess. Cant wait to try it on.
I got it at 10070+ Octroi I guess since i am taking delivery in Mumbai
Old 25th December 2008, 08:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:

But guess what? Still available. Cost me 10,075 including 300 for shipping. Delivery expected day after tomorrow. Hope it comes in as scheduled.
Hi Suman, I don't think you'll regret the purchase. Congrats, and now you can track all the trails you blaze in your Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Why am I not surprised? Congratulations both.
Thanks Hrag. I'm a Safari fan and a keen follower of your OTR escapedes. Hope to see you sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
HI, Ive ordered one too. There is this voucher code which u need to feed into the site and it gives you the discounted price.
Should arrrive in 3 days I guess. Cant wait to try it on.
I got it at 10070+ Octroi I guess since i am taking delivery in Mumbai
Congrats on the buy hrman. I can understand the "can't wait to try it on" part!!! I went thru the same And, as luck would have it, busy with work. Hoping to take a weeks leave in Jan to go to my home-town and try the unit out.

PS: An addition to my review, was searching for a particular hotel near my place in Bangalore and selected the "Restaurants" option in Places of Interest. It even had details of bakerys and such that were nearby. Neat.
Old 25th December 2008, 09:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats all for the purchase. The November maps are pretty good.

The searching time has increased now - probably due to the increase in POIs.
The distances show are a little different/less while you are selecting the destination, but after selection and the route is calculated it is more or less same.

OT - currently they are running a 30% discount on some HTC models
Old 26th December 2008, 12:12   #22
BHPian

Thanks to unni.ak for triggering my forgotten idea of getting a GPS to my safari. But, was kind of in two minds, as there were news that the offer was no more available.

Thanks to Suman and hrman for confirming that the offer was still available.

Went ahead and registered in the satguide site. Within few minutes after completing the registration procedure, got a call from them. Saved a few bucks on the phone call to place the order. Asked for the voucher code. And within the next 10 minutes, booked the Voxtel X430. Rs. 10,070/- inclusive of all taxes (+ one upgrade free within an year). Heard that I'll be getting the maps upgraded on Dec 07, 2008.

Now, waiting eagerly to get my hands on it.

Thanks to all of you for all the support. Will post my comments as soon as I start using it.
Old 26th December 2008, 23:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilrs View Post
Thanks to unni.ak for triggering my forgotten idea of getting a GPS to my safari.
Congrats Anil. Happy Navigating
Old 27th December 2008, 12:22   #24
rkg
Senior - BHPian

here is an review about mapmyindia navigator in tech tree. Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Specials > MapMyIndia GPS Navigator (A-max 06GP5A)
Old 29th December 2008, 19:16   #25
BHPian

hey guys i have a Q is the device avaliable without the screen since i already have a jvc 800 with option of connecting gps to it
Old 30th December 2008, 05:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
hey guys i have a Q is the device avaliable without the screen since i already have a jvc 800 with option of connecting gps to it
I dont think the device is available without screen. It comes as a single unit and it doesn't have "video/display out" option.
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:28   #27
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Expecting it today or tomorrow as promised by Mr Shoban of satguide.
Old 4th January 2009, 03:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi, can I suggest something (speaking from personal experience) get a visor/hood for the display because you arnt the only one having problems with sunlight

The come in infinite shapes and sizes. And are quite cheap too, just order one off ebay. I am sure that you wont get one specific to our desi model but there will be one that fits just fine. Or if all else fails I am sure you can make one somehow.

I always felt the units are very overpriced here in India and happily use my Blackberry with a windshield mount. And even on my bike have the OtterBox case and have mounted on the handlebars (amazing protection against rain or accidental fall)

You can get MapMyIndia Navigator for Blackberry devices pretty cheap. And also can buy some cheap GPS puck/keychain for very accurate tracking.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2009 at 08:51. Reason: see note in post
Old 5th January 2009, 00:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
And also can buy some cheap GPS puck/keychain for very accurate tracking.
Please suggest some.
Old 5th January 2009, 04:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Please suggest some.
Honestly, there are millions of them available, depending on your resources and availability. If you have someone coming from USA nothing like it. Or you can buy one off eBay and get it shipped here. They are very cheap. I had bought mine from my mobile dealer. It was the one that came with P1i but the person who bought the P1i didnt want it and instead took discount on the phone so I got it for 800 bucks! It was very nice and came with a car cigrette charger and 1 year of MapMyIndia. Sadly I had lost the charger so eventually auctioned it off on eBay.

This is the basic type available for around 20$ and is pretty good for the job.

But I would recommend something like this for 30$ as its solar powered and no hassles with chargers and all, just keep it on your dashboard and forget about it. Awesome!

Another funky trend are these key chain recievers

I would advice against spending big money on brands in this case, unless you absolutely finnicky about build quality.

I personally really liked this one, it comes with a extra battery and has very good build quality. Has a USB as well as a Car Cigarette lighter charger.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2009 at 08:50. Reason: See note in Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks