Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 06:56   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
My Voxtel X430 device is not working since a couple of days...

I am very dissapointed with the product as it went kaput with use of just 30-35 days...
Sorry to hear that. Touch wood, the unit I've is working perfectly fine.

Quote:
I am leaving for vacation by road to punjab and himachal and this is the time i needed the device the most but sadly i have to do without it..
Have a good vacation and hopefuly the issues you have had with unit will be sorted by the time you get back.
Old 17th January 2009, 03:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just been playing with my Binatone box (same as Voxtel) and you can get it to run several different satnav s/w from the SD card by setting up a menu. So you can have miomap, destinator, mapmyindia, tomtom and add an on/off and restart button.

The menu stays on the SD card and does not interfere with the s/w on the actual device.
Old 6th February 2009, 16:21   #48
bhp
BHPian

UPDATE :- They have send me a new device as replacement about 10 days back...

I hope this lasts long
Old 6th February 2009, 16:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE :- They have send me a new device as replacement about 10 days back...

I hope this lasts long
Glad to hear that, hope it gives you good service.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Just been playing with my Binatone box (same as Voxtel) and you can get it to run several different satnav s/w from the SD card by setting up a menu. So you can have miomap, destinator, mapmyindia, tomtom and add an on/off and restart button.

The menu stays on the SD card and does not interfere with the s/w on the actual device.
Very interesting. And how does one set up the Menu?
Old 6th February 2009, 19:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Very interesting. And how does one set up the Menu?
Have a play with this :

The New... But Old GPS Modding Site Is On Air! - View topic - GPS Menu System How to

Remember to get it to run the exe will have to go in a folder called MobileNavigator and be renamed to MobileNavigator.exe (case sensitive).
Old 7th February 2009, 07:20   #51
knp
BHPian

Today, got a mail from satnav with the following offer. Posting here for benefit of our group:
============
Dear Friend,

Those who have benefited from our recent offers of PNDs and Phones are constantly checking with us to know if any other offers are coming up. Their enthusiasm servesas a motivating factor for us to go back to our partner companies and ask them for more deals for our registered user base! Our endeavor is always to ensure thatthe next offer is better than the previous one, so here is another unbelievable offer from our partner Voxtel, to help grow awareness for GPS products;

Combo Offer: GPS Package Combo Offer for the entire family

Six (6) Products package including:

1) Two (2) Voxtel 3.5” PND Devices, with 200+ cities SatGuide software and Map, worth Rs. 29,990

2) Two (2) SatGuide Navigation Software for either Windows or Symbian Smart Phones with 200+ cities Map, worth Rs. 4,366

3) Two (2) SatGuide Navigation Software for Laptops / Desktops with 200+ cities Map, worth Rs. 4,366

Amazing Never Before Price: All the above 6 items for just 19,999 Rs inclusive of all taxes and shipping! Octroi (if applicable) will be paid directly by customer.

Offer Valid until: 28th Feb 2009

Discount of almost 50% on the MRP!! No hidden terms, no exchange whatsoever. More details on our portal GPS Navigation India | Personal Navigation Device(PND) | Turn by Turn Navigation. So if you want yourself and your Valentine or your friends or your family to get GPS enabled, here is the best chance! Drop an email to satguide@satnavtech.com, purchase online or call us at +91 9963611173 or 040 – 66777333 Extensions 342 &348 today!!

Happy Shopping and Navigating!

Regards

Partho
artho│ Head - Response Team│ SatNav Technologies Pvt Ltd

* partho@satnavtech.com│<a href=...atguide.in</a>
=========================
Old 7th February 2009, 13:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

They also do Mio GPS PND's. These are far better quality and supported via forums than the Voxtel boxes they tend to promote.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:20   #53
Max
BHPian

any updates on this thread? has they improved maps etc? also how do you update new maps on your device?
Old 9th December 2009, 14:02   #54
BHPian

I'm till date pretty satisfied with the maps. They release updated maps every quarter and it can be bought (check their website for Map Upgrade plan). The updates are available online and all you need to do is download them onto your PC/Laptop and transfer it to the PND. My one year with the product is almost up and have received two free map updates till now. I'm yet to use the one-free update offer which you get when purchasing the unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks