Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 09:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bluetooth Headphones

I need help finding a decent pair of bluetooth headphones. I had been using a pair of nokia bh501 with my e90 for almost a year before they broke. I really liked the sound quality but the build was pretty flimsy. I bought two pairs in the USA for about 70 dollars or something. I checked in India and it costs 4500 for the exact same thing.
I am looking for help in finding a cheap pair of BT headphones that sound as good as my previous nokias.
I will be using the headphones in the gym, so i need something really comfortable. They do not need to be compact. Actually would prefer cans that can cover my entire ear.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 16th July 2009 at 09:25.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

Hi cooldude,

Mobile accessories prices are way too high in India. If possible try to ask a friend/relative in USA/UK to get you the accessory from there.

Even if you feel like spending the money, the latest models are not available here.

I have recently purchased Sony Ericsson HBH-DS200 Bluetooth Stereo Headset. I got it for Rs 3250. The sound quality is as good as a wired headset. I use it with my Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. They make a deadly combination.

HBH-DS200 is basically a bluetooth transceiver with a built in microphone and a standard 3.5 mm port. This means that you can connect any standard earphones/headphones to it and convert them into wireless headphones.

Few things to keep in mind.

1. HBH-DS200 is not totally wire-free like your previous headset, it will still have a small wire from the adaptor to your ears.

2. HBH-DS200 is not in production now. But if you search enough, you may still get old stock from some dealer.

3. The replacement for HBH-DS200 is HBH-DS220. This is available in the market for roughly Rs 4250. It is the same thing in a different colour, comes packed with better earbuds.

4. Most importantly, since you are going to use this Sony Ericsson accessory with a Nokia mobile phone, make sure that they connect properly before you purchase it. (AVRCP may not work, but A2DP should work properly) Most manufacturers do not guarantee compatibility with phones of other brands.

Other options include Nokia BH-214, Samsung SBH650 and Motorola S9. As far as I know, these models are not yet available in India.

You could also check out a third party bluetooth headset such as Jabra.

Hope it was helpful.

Do let us know what you purchased.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 17th July 2009, 09:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rohan any idea if nokia bh604 is available in India ? If yes what price ?
I was looking for proper headphones and not earphones.
Old 17th July 2009, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thought I have seen similar thread...

Anyway, I am also thinking of getting one soon.

SONY DR-BT101 Bluetooth Headphones - Specs, reviews and prices.
This looks good but I want one which covers your ear.
Old 17th July 2009, 09:47   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i am looking for one which would be compatible with my e51. would the above SE's do the job ?
Old 17th July 2009, 10:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have the one from Omiz, which has Sd Card Slot, FM, speaker, Bluetooth, used it with all my mobiles and listening to songs as standalone from SD card. Also very useful with Skype on PC

Last edited by rkbharat : 17th July 2009 at 10:03.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:12   #7
BHPian

you can buy these from mobile store. Bluetooth Headset | Bluetooth Mobile Headset | Bluetooth Mobiles

I have been using the motoroloa HT820 Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Home - Motorola US for about a year now. I wanted a headset that would be a wrap-on the ears instead of being inserted into the ears, this one has been superb. I had first paired it with SE S550i and then to my Samsung D780. Works perfectly. On my usage (mostly while driving) it works for 3 - 4 days on a single charge of 2 - 3 hours. Oh Yes the sound quality on the music front is als very good.
I got this from the US, paid 2300/-, and here it should cost around 5k.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 17th July 2009 at 10:14. Reason: found the prices
Old 17th July 2009, 10:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is what I have, very useful gadget

Bluetooth Headphones-omizheadsetdes.jpg
Old 17th July 2009, 11:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
i am looking for one which would be compatible with my e51. would the above SE's do the job ?
I too use E51 and since it supports A2DP, wanted stereo one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
This is what I have, very useful gadget

Attachment 160027
Whic model is it?
Old 17th July 2009, 13:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ cooldude - BH-604 is available in India. I have seen it in a Nokia store in Bangalore. But the price was prohibitive (Rs 7k if I remember correctly). Also, you mentioned that you intend to use it in the gym. This (DJ type headphone) seems to be too bulky for the purpose.

The SE HBH-DS200 which I mentioned in the last post comes with earphones, but thanks to the standard 3.5 mm connector, you can attach any standard headphones to it. For example, I connect sony ericsson walkman earbuds to it when I go for an evening walk. For the morning jogs, I connect my iRocker (behind the neck style) lightweight headphones to it.

@ bharanidharang - Manufacturers do not guarantee compatibility with other brands. SE will not guarantee that its bluetooth accessories are compatible with Nokia phones. But they generally work together. Remote control features may not work, but basic voice and music features should work.

I would still suggest that you take a demo before purchasing it.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 19th July 2009, 10:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
@ cooldude - BH-604 is available in India. I have seen it in a Nokia store in Bangalore. But the price was prohibitive (Rs 7k if I remember correctly). Also, you mentioned that you intend to use it in the gym. This (DJ type headphone) seems to be too bulky for the purpose
I currently use senhheiser hd280 pro cans for the gym .
If the nokias sound anywhere as good as the sennheisers i am sold. 7k not too bad then. The only issue will be to get an audition now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I have been using the motoroloa HT820 Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Home - Motorola US for about a year now. I wanted a headset that would be a wrap-on the ears instead of being inserted into the ears, this one has been superb. I had first paired it with SE S550i and then to my Samsung D780. Works perfectly. On my usage (mostly while driving) it works for 3 - 4 days on a single charge of 2 - 3 hours. Oh Yes the sound quality on the music front is als very good.
I got this from the US, paid 2300/-, and here it should cost around 5k.
No offence but i liked the nokia bh501 better. Much better SQ.
Also i want proper over the head headphones not behind the head style.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th July 2009 at 20:00. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts. Thanks
Old 19th July 2009, 12:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have the Motorola S9. It came packaged with my E8. Sound quality is strictly okay and it has a major issue where in call mode, the voice only comes from one earbud because the mic is placed in the other. But it is discrete and doesn't look different from any other behind the head headphone.

You can buy it separately too. Back when I bought the phone two years ago, it was prohibitively expensive (INR 5K/-), but it has come down in price these days.
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Any user experience on the nokia bh 214. I am going to buy it in the next couple of days. Best part is you can connect anu headphone/earphone to the bluetooth dongle.
Old 24th August 2009, 01:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

The new S9 HD which replace the S9 are pretty good, but I like the SE solutions the best. Motorola Started with the First A2DP headsets but their quality is strictly okay.

I use an S9 and it drops music while jogging. really sad.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:07   #15
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Any user experience on the nokia bh 214. I am going to buy it in the next couple of days. Best part is you can connect anu headphone/earphone to the bluetooth dongle.
Did you buy bh 214?... how is it? I am also planning to buy it and hence need some feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks