Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 13:59   #2071
BHPian

I want to pick up a Ming or a Rokr E6. Which one would you recommend and why?

Need to buy it today, urgent advice will be really appreciated. Gurus - pls help!!
Old 29th October 2007, 06:01   #2072

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

and how is the motorazr2 ????need to pick it up within this week.thanks guys.is anybody using it?
Old 29th October 2007, 07:10   #2073
BANNED

Someone may have said this before but if you are looking for a business apps phone the e61i with the opera mobile browser [you have to buy it], is a great phone - I find that for e-mails and browsing its great and I find it better actually than a touch screen.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:55   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Someone may have said this before but if you are looking for a business apps phone the e61i with the opera mobile browser [you have to buy it], is a great phone - I find that for e-mails and browsing its great and I find it better actually than a touch screen.
Not sure why you need to buy it? I'm using the Opera Mini on my E61i. But then, can't recall where I downloaded Opera from .

The only issue with browsing on the E61i, IMO, is the lack of a scroll control. Clicking down/up to navigate can be painful on the fingers when browsing for 30mins-1hr at a stretch.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:34   #2075
Senior - BHPian

I have a Blackberry Pearl bought officially from Hutch. I now want to use my Airtel on the same phone but it's locked by Vodafone. I called their BB helpline for the unlock code but they said they don't have any unlock code (Amazes me that they think a Blackberry customer will be so dumb!) and that I should give the phone to another vodafone customer. Can anyone help me unlock the Pearl?

Interesting that even after the transition from Hutch to Vodafone the company and the attitude of it's customer care people hasn't changed.

Last edited by amit : 29th October 2007 at 11:35.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:36   #2076
BANNED

Any reviews / views on the Moto Q?
Old 29th October 2007, 13:02   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone with any experience of SE K530? Or K550?
Old 31st October 2007, 08:28   #2078
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Not sure why you need to buy it? I'm using the Opera Mini on my E61i. But then, can't recall where I downloaded Opera from .

The only issue with browsing on the E61i, IMO, is the lack of a scroll control. Clicking down/up to navigate can be painful on the fingers when browsing for 30mins-1hr at a stretch.
I think [not sure though] that the Opera mobile is better than the mini and it has extremely useful keyboard shortcuts including scrolling. Costs $24.
Old 31st October 2007, 08:39   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Isn't opera a free software?
Old 31st October 2007, 08:49   #2080
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Isn't opera a free software?
I think Opera mini is free while Opera Mobile is not.
Old 31st October 2007, 14:56   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, anyone with any experience of SE K530? Or K550?
Has 6610 given up . Go for Nokia 6233 eyes closed instead of the SE's you mentioned.
Old 31st October 2007, 16:34   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Has 6610 given up .
Nope not yet - you know what the problem was? Ridiculous - all Hutch (err, Vodaphone) phones in the complex where her Office is located are not being able to receive incoming calls! And the buggers (as in Vodaphone customer care) have NO CLUE for the past almost one week of what the problem is.

The minute she's out of her office complex, the phone works fine! But anyways, time to replace it with a "fresh" one so........

Thanks for the tip anyways
Old 31st October 2007, 17:47   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Quote:
I think [not sure though] that the Opera mobile is better than the mini and it has extremely useful keyboard shortcuts including scrolling. Costs $24.
Dunno about the old Mini, but the Opera Mini4 Beta3 ( http://www.operamini.com/beta/ ) has keyboard shortcuts for page up, page down, new URL etc etc. It does not do tabbed pages though (right now that seems to be the only advantage the paid version has).

I've been trying the Beta4 for a while now, and its hard to believe it is a free app. Lots and lots of features, including image resolution control, RSS aggregator/reader, zoom control, landscape mode, bookmark synchronization with the new Opera 9.5 beta (for desktop) etc etc.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:20   #2084
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Dunno about the old Mini, but the Opera Mini4 Beta3 ( http://www.operamini.com/beta/ ) has keyboard shortcuts for page up, page down, new URL etc etc. It does not do tabbed pages though (right now that seems to be the only advantage the paid version has).

I've been trying the Beta4 for a while now, and its hard to believe it is a free app. Lots and lots of features, including image resolution control, RSS aggregator/reader, zoom control, landscape mode, bookmark synchronization with the new Opera 9.5 beta (for desktop) etc etc.
What **** luck - just paid $24 for the mobile version. Should have tried the mini beta.

OTOH I think it does not have password manager which is a must for me.

Does any browser allow you to cut/paste from a web page?

Last edited by deepakvrao : 31st October 2007 at 20:24.
Old 31st October 2007, 21:25   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What **** luck - just paid $24 for the mobile version. Should have tried the mini beta.

OTOH I think it does not have password manager which is a must for me.
Hey, don't worry! You bought a final version of a definitely better built/coded SW while the SW I mentioned is still in beta. The Mini is basically the test-bed for its big brother Opera Mobile. The Mini is just their way of suckering a lot of guys to try a SW and get feedback, all for free. [But then the Mini is so good, and its free, so its is totally win-win between the user and Opera.] Then all that feedback goes into improving their bread-and-butter Opera Mobile.

I'd bought Opera Mobile for my PPC too, 'cause Mini can't hold a candle to the Wi-Mo version of Opera Mobile. OM is hands down the best browser for Wi-Mo, IMHO.

And like you said, Opera Mobile does have a few features not in Mini.

Quote:
Does any browser allow you to cut/paste from a web page?
Not yet, I think. The built-in S60 browser cant'. OM (Symbian or Wi-Mo) cant'. Opera Mini cant' either. I've used NetFront for Wi-Mo also, and that can't do copy-paste either.

I wonder why it can't be done. I think copy-paste has been one of the most wished-for features for forever, but they still don't implement it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks