Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-161.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 2288156)
Thanks so much for the swift response. Hope I get the same specs on the Indian version too. I presume your purchase from Vietnam was done in a private channel... as in not from a online Shopping site which is open to the public in general. Eh... ?

Ha ha .. no, This is bought from Univercell in bangalore with 1 year warranty and 1 year insurance. This is the Indian version as samsung does not manufacture SGS in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by livyodream (Post 2288161)
This is bought from Univercell in bangalore.....

Oh! My bad... sorry for not understanding your post properly. Just because you din't mention the price and you said its imported from Vietnam, I thought you might have asked your friends or somebody to get it from there. stupid:

Sorry for bugging you again. Univercell in Chennai does not stock them and is reluctant to provide any inputs on the price. If you could tip me off on the price you were charged for that device i would be glad:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 2288214)
Oh! My bad... sorry for not understanding your post properly. Just because you din't mention the price and you said its imported from Vietnam, I thought you might have asked your friends or somebody to get it from there. stupid:

Sorry for bugging you again. Univercell in Chennai does not stock them and is reluctant to provide any inputs on the price. If you could tip me off on the price you were charged for that device i would be glad:)

Quote:

Finally bought Samsung Galaxy S for 25451 from univercell today.
Paid 762 for the insurance and 299 for the car charger.

As per the shop keeper SGS comes in limited edition and right now BLR has just 12 sets throughout, not sure if it is true.

^^Guys, searched the Android market and found an app for Image resizing. It's called "Reduce your photo" by Shoozhoo. It's just a 486kb siez app. Free but it's run ad at the top. Not an issue and it does it work.
here's the link.
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Also installed Google My tracks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by livyodream (Post 2288255)
As per the shop keeper SGS comes in limited edition and right now BLR has just 12 sets throughout, not sure if it is true.

BS. SGS is available widely across BLR IMO. My phone chap had a few boxes lying with him last evening.

planning to buy lg optimus p500 over weekend, in pune.
Maybe the prices have come down to 10-10.5k.
Where can i get the best deal in pune?
would i need to buy additional memory card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetans (Post 2288618)
planning to buy lg optimus p500 over weekend, in pune.
Maybe the prices have come down to 10-10.5k.
Where can i get the best deal in pune?
would i need to buy additional memory card?

Chetans where are you located, there are a few shops on solapur road towards Hadapsar below the flyover who are excelent pricing if you are this part of town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritayan (Post 2288652)
Chetans where are you located, there are a few shops on solapur road towards Hadapsar below the flyover who are excelent pricing if you are this part of town.

I do stay near magarpatta. so this is very good to hear.
any exact pointers?

Is there a way to remove the pre-installed applications on LG O1? Please advice.

Nexus S is now available in Flip Kart for 27999.

Samsung Google Nexus S: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews

Quote:

Originally Posted by livyodream (Post 2288255)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 2288508)
BS. SGS is available widely across BLR IMO. My phone chap had a few boxes lying with him last evening.

Thanks for the input guys! Will check the stores in Chennai this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetans (Post 2288840)
I do stay near magarpatta. so this is very good to hear.
any exact pointers?

Coming from Magarpatta turn left at the flyover (under construction) after Nobel. Go below the Hadapsar Sabzi Mandi flyover and after the 2nd red light look out for stores on your left. There are about 5~6 big ones. The last one near the next red light is a LG authorized. Give a try shop around, should be able to pick it up for sub 11k

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2289306)
Is there a way to remove the pre-installed applications on LG O1? Please advice.

No not unless you root it.

Any reviews for Samsung Gio S5660? and is it launched and for what price?

i am thinking to sell of my Galaxy 3 and got for above
as it has better processor and is 2.2

and how much should i expect for my galaxy 3 ? 2months old scratchless with warranty and unused earphones and full box packing there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2289306)

If you are getting irritated by wretched apps like Bollywoodji and you don't want to/can't root and if you don't reboot often, then you can simply force close the apps. If you reboot often, then it can be irritating, as you will have to keep force closing the apps everytime. But this is the only other way of retaining your sanity form those wretched apps that LG has unleashed on its customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2289780)
If you are getting irritated by wretched apps like Bollywoodji and you don't want to/can't root and if you don't reboot often, then you can simply force close the apps. If you reboot often, then it can be irritating, as you will have to keep force closing the apps everytime. But this is the only other way of retaining your sanity form those wretched apps that LG has unleashed on its customers.

I wonder if it is legally valid for the phone manufacturers to make such restrictions. When I buy a piece, shouldn't I get complete control of the device h/w and s/w? It' not like I am not under any contract with them.

Yes, I follow the same method and force close the apps after reboot + use advanced task killer and set it up to kill processes every 30 mins + installed mini taskbar widget on my home screen and kill apps using one touch whenever I'm angry :Frustrati