Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-462.html)

can one download torrents via android devices?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 2604680)
can one download torrents via android devices?

yup.
look for andtorrent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _chikku (Post 2603085)
So anybody knows how is soundhound different from sony's trackid? Any plus or minus.

i had in mine and have removed it another useless bloatware if you want apk of the same i can mail you, (some one has tweaked it for nexus in XDA forum; personally i dunno what the tweak is )

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 2604615)
Just install "Go contacts". It includes the dialer. One of the bests I have used.

And also make sure you move the apk from data app to system app to address the problem of missed call notifications

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 2604615)
Just install "Go contacts". It includes the dialer. One of the bests I have used.

Thanks! I liked the Go contacts and Go SMS. Installed both of them. Finally the SMS's look better and the search function works fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 2604700)
And also make sure you move the apk from data app to system app to address the problem of missed call notifications

How do we move the apk? Where does the apk reside? I don't see a file search mechanism anywhere on CM 7.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2604822)

How do we move the apk? Where does the apk reside? I don't see a file search mechanism anywhere on CM 7.1

Since you are rooted, Usually installed apps will be in "/data/apps" move the go contact app to "/system/app", guess you should change the permissions also to 0644 , as usual and notification will be taken car off

Also please reboot the phone otherwise the app will force close

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 2604700)

What problem do you refer to, kindly explain. in a bit of detail pls.

if you use "go contacts" as default phone app, miss call notifications dont go , so notigo is flashed, instead this is another option and this happens only android 2.2+

P.S: i dont use Cm 7.1 ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 2605114)
if you use "go contacts" as default phone app, miss call notifications dont go , so notigo is flashed, instead this is another option and this happens only android 2.2+

I am using it on my non-rooted phone with 2.3.4. No problems whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode

Go has the option of disabling stock SMS/dialer notification.

between the Galaxy S Plus and Galaxy R...which one is better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak01 (Post 2605397)
between the Galaxy S Plus and Galaxy R...which one is better?

R by far, imho - from my read of the specs of R. why do you even doubt?

S+ has AMOLED and 1.4 ghz single core but crappy GPU. Like a desire S on steroids. Close but no cigar.

of course, screen is your preference - i'll vote for outright perf anyday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 2605209)
I am using it on my non-rooted phone with 2.3.4. No problems whatsoever.

Very surprised to read this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2605095)
What problem do you refer to, kindly explain. in a bit of detail pls.

Android 2.3 and above have a security setting which prevents other applications from certain operation - related to resetting the missed call notification (I think it is called state change or something).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2605255)
Go has the option of disabling stock SMS/dialer notification.

I cannot find this for the dialer. I have such an option for the Go SMS only - no such option for Go Contacts EX application.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N

Very surprised to read this.

Android 2.3 and above have a security setting which prevents other applications from certain operation - related to resetting the missed call notification (I think it is called state change or something).

That's true. Custom dialers are not able to reset the missed call notifications on the notification pull down in gingerbread. :( The missed call numbers add up there even if you manually reset it after getting a missed call - suppose you get two missed calls, it shows up as two, you clear it manually, then you get one more missed call, the notification will show three missed calls adding the previous two as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2605583)
That's true. Custom dialers are not able to reset the missed call notifications on the notification pull down in gingerbread. :( The missed call numbers add up there even if you manually reset it after getting a missed call - suppose you get two missed calls, it shows up as two, you clear it manually, then you get one more missed call, the notification will show three missed calls adding the previous two as well.

So move dialer apk, mine is "com.cootek.smartdialer-1.apk " to system apps, this problem was resolved

Using touch pad dialer as this has block caller in built :thumbs up