Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-463.html)

Guys

i am facing problem with my Desire HD (running stock rom).The battery life is pathetic and hardly lasts for few hours :Frustrati.I am planning to root my phone and load a custom ROM .

Can anyone recomment a good Rom which improves battery life?.I tried to search on xda forums but getting confused which one to use.

Also which software is recommended to take backup of stock rom ?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick555 (Post 2605717)
Guys

i am facing problem with my Desire HD (running stock rom).The battery life is pathetic and hardly lasts for few hours :Frustrati.I am planning to root my phone and load a custom ROM .

Can anyone recomment a good Rom which improves battery life?.I tried to search on xda forums but getting confused which one to use.

I recently loaded Cyanogen 7.1 on a Desire and it works like a charm. There were no battery issues earlier but getting rid of 'sense' interface is more than just a relief. You can try Revolutionary.io to turn S off and root the phone and choose Titanium backup to backup data.

Any decent GSM phone suggestion for a modest budget of 10K?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2605735)

Samsung Galaxy-Y Samsung GALAXY Y Smartphone - GALAXY Y - Smartphone - mobile phones | SAMSUNG
Buy Samsung Galaxy Y at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Use AMEXLB voucher for additional discount.

Hi!
What about SE W8?

Edit : I am getting a sparing used http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/m...ail&returnurl= How is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel

i would say Dell XCD35 and would highly recommend it. The display is just awesome. Browsing is fun on this phone. it comes at arnd 8.5k n its a sheer VFM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2605755)
Hi!
What about SE W8?

Edit : I am getting a sparing used Get what it takes to Live Smart - Galaxy Ace S5830 - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG How is this?

W8 comes with 2.1. I havent seen much posts about it in xda forums or anywhere else. Limited storage of 128MB!?
Outdated Android version, no upgrade to GB
No multi-touch support.

Go for Ace

The wi fi in my galaxy s acts strange. Even though I am just two feet away from modem the wi fi gets disconnected and edge symbol appears. Again it will re connect on its own and the cycle repeats at irregular intervals. Note that this problem is not faced on my lappy which uses the same wi fi modem. The phone has latest ginger bread version from the service center

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2605949)
The wi fi in my galaxy s acts strange. Even though I am just two feet away from modem the wi fi gets disconnected and edge symbol appears. Again it will re connect on its own and the cycle repeats at irregular intervals. Note that this problem is not faced on my lappy which uses the same wi fi modem. The phone has latest ginger bread version from the service center

Go to wifi advanced settings and configure static IP on your phone. This should resolve the problem

Hi,
Got myself a SGS2 yesterday, its on a postpaid but unlocked and contains much bloatware and is on 2.3.3. How do i flash new firmware on it? Does it need to be rooted for it? What else can be done on this fone now, any help appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150

Go to wifi advanced settings and configure static IP on your phone. This should resolve the problem

There is no advanced settings in my galaxy s wi fi menu . Can you tell exactly where.

Thanks to people here I finally got my speaker replaced. And back to my old, dirty ways :-D

Running CM 7.2 RC2. Enjoying life!!!

Edit:- The boot animation says I am running a Samsung Galaxy Y!!! That model costs ₹ 7350 on FK; but I am actually using Galaxy Pop/Mini (GT S 5570; which is ₹ 8350 ). So, <joke> apart from voiding your warranty, rooting and going custom ROM will devalue your phone by 1K </joke>

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick555 (Post 2605717)
Guys

The desire HD just got an official update .Did you try that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2606008)
There is no advanced settings in my galaxy s wi fi menu . Can you tell exactly where.

Settings-->Wireless and Network-->Wifi Settings -->Context menu -->Advanced--> IP settings

Quote:

Originally Posted by _chikku (Post 2605821)
W8 comes with 2.1. I havent seen much posts about it in xda forums or anywhere else. Limited storage of 128MB!?
Outdated Android version, no upgrade to GB
No multi-touch support.

Go for Ace

Any other SE phone you may recommend with the above mentioned budget? A bit of stretch can be done.