Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-787.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2926769)
Hmm, I can try if you can bring it to me. Done that process before with Defy. I will be in Bangalore (HRBR area) after Oct 16th.

Perfect! But I wont be around then :deadhorse

Could you PM me your number - will ring you when am back and if you're around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS_DEL (Post 2926781)
Hello

Two questions:

[] Have you found any appreciable savings on GEB? During my search for the best possible price for Defy+, all said and done no one could beat the Flipkart price.

[] The third part warranty thing - How credible is the warranty provider? Have any of your acquaintances/family had an occasion to depend on warranty from this warranty provider? If so, what has been their experience?

I'm a bit confused here. WHY would you want to buy the Defy+ from GEB? It is a mobile phone very much available in India, so buy from any reputed dealer online or offline. Here's a listing
http://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/m...y-plus-msp1463

GEB is ONLY for goods that are not officially available in India and/or that sell only in USA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 2926982)
I'm a bit confused here. WHY would you want to buy the Defy+ from GEB? It is a mobile phone very much available in India,
GEB is ONLY for goods that are not officially available in India and/or that sell only in USA.

Yes I am aware of mysmartprice.

Only thing I needed your take on was - for stuff available here, is GEB a good option, as the prices I saw on GEB were higher than Indian prices. You have answered my question, thanks.

Regarding stuff not available here , if one does use GEB how reliable is the 3rd party warranty assurance? Do you have any experience of this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 2926613)
I have read about the stock volume being low on the Nex. Have you tried any of the mods listed at XDA? Like this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1748803?

I would need to root the phone and me being a novice and this being a new phone, i wouldnt want to do something and brick it and then break my head with the same brick :)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a mid-range android device and was kinda moving towards the Xperia models such as U, Go etc.
However, thats when i found that Motorola Atrix 2 seems to be an excellent alternative that just about fits within the upper end of my budget(flipkart says 19k, which is around 3k dearer than U).

The larger screen size,better RAM and possible JB update makes it quite tempting despite all the negativity around Motorola India these days.
Does Motorola have a (decent) service network in Bangalore?

A question for the Atrix 2 owners : Which colour to go for if i indeed go with Moto? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 2926700)
Am gonna hit this up one more time here.

Is there ANYONE in bangalore who'll help me upgrade my moto defy by rooting it and slapping on the latest android OS on it?

Am stuck on eclair and tried rooting it and now the primary microphone doesnt work.

Sirjee,

You need to be specific wrt what you did, what error you got, where it got stuck etc.

http://freerider.in/drupal/General/Motorola-Defy-Tips was my journey. You can replicate the steps. Lots and lots of us have done the same. Tell us where u get stuck!

I am using Samsung Galaxy Gio. I have rooted my phone successfully. All I have to do now is installing Clockwork Mod and then Cyanigenmod 10. I preffered this ROM over Cyanogenmod 9.1 So is there anyone who could just mention the steps point wise needed to install Clockwork Mod and Cyanogenmod? Currently I am on stock ROM. Hope to hear soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 2924647)
Sachin, why not the Galaxy Nexus? $350+taxes, shipping from Play store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2924673)
Got my nexus from amazon. Paid total 414 dollars as i asked for next day delivery to my cousin. Without the urgent delivery it will come to 400 dollars. Google says 350 dollars but that's without the extra taxes and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 2924676)
Ask your friend to order Galaxy Nexus from Google Play Store. Comes to around $388 including taxes and 2-day shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 2924681)
You can find HTC One X in that range on both eBay and Amazon. Smashing phone for the price.

Thank you all for your feedback. My friend will be returning sometime in December, so will have to wait till then.

Does the Nexus come with ICS or Jelly Bean? I really don't care about most of the bells and whistles. I want the phone to
-Make calls. Voice clarity is important. Sick of my BB's signal reception issues.
-Surf web
-GPS navigation
-A decent camera with flash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinj12 (Post 2927054)
Thank you all for your feedback. My friend will be returning sometime in December, so will have to wait till then.

If that's the case, wait for the new Nexus device. It's supposed to be launched by this month end and will come with Android 4.2. Expected launch price is $399 + taxes and shipping.

Quote:

Does the Nexus come with ICS or Jelly Bean? I really don't care about most of the bells and whistles. I want the phone to
-Make calls. Voice clarity is important. Sick of my BB's signal reception issues.
-Surf web
-GPS navigation
-A decent camera with flash.
Galaxy Nexus comes with Jellybean preloaded. Your requirements are pretty basic and most mid to high-end phones would match it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 2927057)
If that's the case, wait for the new Nexus device. It's supposed to be launched by this month end and will come with Android 4.2. Expected launch price is $399 + taxes and shipping.

There are conflicting reports on the new Android version, some say it would be 4.2 while most others call it a rumor.

Nexus 2 is supposedly launching with Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) and will be manufactured by a host of device manufacturers like LG, HTC, Samsung and maybe Sony.

Surprised why Google owned Motorola ain't on that list!

I am gonna buy my first Android. Yes you heard it right, first android.lol: I have shortlisted 2 phones under 10K.

My requirements in the phone are social media, decent music, a normal cam to stalk stickered cars, not a gamer but few time pass games needed, space for android apps (inbuilt memory preferable), google maps (a must).

Have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 and Sony Xperia tipo. I am inclined towards Samsung because of QWERTY key pad, slightly better processor(?), sleeker that Tipo, more inbuilt memory, looks and of course less price.:D

What is better UI? - TouchWiz UX Timescape?

Please let me know what you think. Will pick one up this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athul_S (Post 2927025)
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a mid-range android device and was kinda moving towards the Xperia models such as U, Go etc.
However, thats when i found that Motorola Atrix 2 seems to be an excellent alternative that just about fits within the upper end of my budget(flipkart says 19k, which is around 3k dearer than U).

The larger screen size,better RAM and possible JB update makes it quite tempting despite all the negativity around Motorola India these days.
Does Motorola have a (decent) service network in Bangalore?

A question for the Atrix 2 owners : Which colour to go for if i indeed go with Moto? :)

When I picked mine, I was inclined towards the white one since we had a couple of black ones in my office (the "identity" issue) :D Then I went to see it in person and didn't like as much as I saw it in picture. Went for black instead at the end and picked from eBay at 19.9K. Flipkart sells it at an excellent price of 19.2K now. Go get it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farukh (Post 2927130)
I am gonna buy my first Android. Yes you heard it right, first android. I have shortlisted 2 phones under 10K.

IMHO, these low spec entry level Android phones would not provide the user a satisfactory experience.

Check out Huawei Ideos X5. It offers much better specs at entry level price. Available on flipkart at less than 9k. :thumbs up

You could also check out Micromax and Karbonn. They also have some good models in 9-10k price range.

Rohan

I need help with the Exchange Mail on my S3. My company enforces security policy so when I set up my office mail through the stock email app, I need to use a numeric pin on the phone. Touchdown is the only app that allows me to access everything on the phone without a Pin, except when using the work mail; I still need to use the PIN. Is there any other free Microsoft Active Sync App that allows this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farukh (Post 2927130)
I am gonna buy my first Android. Yes you heard it right, first android.lol: I have shortlisted 2 phones under 10K.

My requirements in the phone are social media, decent music, a normal cam to stalk stickered cars, not a gamer but few time pass games needed, space for android apps (inbuilt memory preferable), google maps (a must).

Have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 and Sony Xperia tipo. I am inclined towards Samsung because of QWERTY key pad, slightly better processor(?), sleeker that Tipo, more inbuilt memory, looks and of course less price.:D

What is better UI? - TouchWiz UX Timescape?

wildfire S was available on HS18 for under 9k. SUPER deal I say. even tipo is available for 8k which is good too :)

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...ony-superdeal/

slightly small screen else good phones.

EDIT: micromax a100. awesome at the price man.