Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 12:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Eureka--US made PS3 works in India!!

I heaved a huge sigh of releif when I connected my US-made PS3 to my plug socket in India and switched it on.

It worked perfectly, and I could show the demo disc of Move to my family.

Special thanks to all those who encouraged me in the prior posts---your posts have been invaluable to me and I owe each one of you a treat. Posts in Amazon on 110V Vs 220 V for PS3 also helped, apart from a telephonic confirmation from mobike008, who has been using a US-made model in India for the past few years without any issue.

I'll try out the games and post an update after a few days---the only thing discouraging me to experiment now is the final exams lurking around for both my kids.

Owing to the price difference of around 6K when compared to India, i guess i got my 3 games free!

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th February 2011 at 12:32.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Playstation Move Vs. Microsoft Kinect

hello friends,
just planing to buy a gaming console, used to have a PS2 but i got it modified to play pirated cds, and within a week it got dumped, so could you please suggest which one to go for XBOX 360 kinetic or PS3 with move, both are good in their own respects,

and please also suggest me that can i play pirated cd games on any of the consoles, to save the extra bucks on games afterwards....
Old 25th February 2011, 17:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

@rukchirtnt---my nephew bought an xbox from the US and got someone to fiddle with it so that he can play pirated games. It stopped working after a week and he was in a dilemma, as the warranty was already void.
It is better to pay more and get authorized games.
Old 26th February 2011, 09:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

[quote=vnabhi;2257812
It is better to pay more and get authorized games.[/quote]

thanks for the inputs, i think you have bought PS3 Move, is it a better gaming device than Xbox kinect keeping Blue ray add ons aside.
Old 26th February 2011, 15:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
thanks for the inputs, i think you have bought PS3 Move, is it a better gaming device than Xbox kinect keeping Blue ray add ons aside.
Hmm, I have only seen a demo of the xbox Kinect at Croma 3 months ago. My BIL lives in London, therefore I could not see his kit.

If you have enough space, and dont care too much of the Blu Ray player, then xbox and Kinect may work out better for you. I heard that the games are more varied for the Xbox than for the PS3.

But that is just my opinion, based on hearsay, and not on personal observation.
Old 26th February 2011, 17:44   #66
BHPian

I have been an xbox fan for long. Last month got the new Xbox + kinect. Here is my opinion:

1. Around 6 ft distance from TV is more than enough for playing games with kinect

2. The kinect games are excellent and engrossing for kids, with nothing required to be held in hand. Also, upto 4 people can jump in / jump out of the ongoing games and participate - with kinect their profiles will automatically be recognised, and in case profiles have not been created previously, participants will be added as guest automatically.

3. Lighting conditions should be adequate - best to have the light falls on your face and not from behind. It works fine under normal tubelights.

4. I have been seeing my son playing Kinect Sports/ Adventure / Kinectimals & daugthers more interested in learning to dance via Kinect Dance Central. Very Addictive games.

Of course, apart from Kinect, normal older xbox games can also be played if you are of the couch variety.

According to recent news, Kinect SDK is being released by Microsoft officially - so expect the kinect sensor to be used in amazing ways shortly.

Last edited by sanjayc : 26th February 2011 at 17:47.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Great sanjay, so you have got a xbox, i have gone for a PS3 yesterday from Planet M, after a weeks confusion, both are great consoles and at last the additional greed of having 3D movie/ blu ray movie have won and i have bought this PS3 320GB with move.
Old 12th March 2011, 21:51   #68
BHPian

Microsoft Kinect has been recognised by Guniness World records as the fastest selling gadget ever.
Old 29th April 2011, 17:01   #69
BHPian

Hi,

Could someone help me with the prices for Xbox Kinect and PS3 Move in Bangalore. Am planning to buy one this weekend. Also please let me know which is the better buy..

Thanks in Advance!!
Rajesh
Old 30th April 2011, 07:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Also please let me know which is the better buy..
You can know about the prices from the microsoft website.
Here is a link - http://www.microsoftstore.co.in/

As far as choice is concerned if you are a hardcore gamer then you may like the move since it is more accurate. The Sony PlayStation Move also comes with a blue ray player which is not the case with Microsoft- Its simply meant for games.

Moreover, Kinect is a more "healthier" option as your whole body acts as a controller; the Kinect is a much newer concept. It is more a kind of a calorie burner.

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 30th April 2011 at 07:16.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:33   #71
BANNED

Wow so many game lovers here
Even i picked PS3 360 GB couple of months back with two move controller, two joy stick, Nitho docking station(good for keeping the PS3 in vertical position and charging all the controllers), Blue Ray Blue tooth remote controller, Logitech driving force GT steering wheel(now looking for one free weekend for making a custom stand to rack the steering wheel), as of now one move demo BRD with 2 free games are there and picked F1 2010 last month kid is enjoying a lot both normal as well as racing games.
Will be picking up more games once the racking issue of steering wheel gets sorted out.
Old 19th May 2011, 15:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
(now looking for one free weekend for making a custom stand to rack the steering wheel), ...
Will be picking up more games once the racking issue of steering wheel gets sorted out.
Interesting. Do you have any ideas already on what to do? Should probably start a DIY thread on this.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:23   #73
BANNED

Yep took some ideas from google and looking forward just for the rack not full fledged racing seat and rack, will post some of the ideas i have come across.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:44   #74
BHPian

Where to buy PS3, Sony store or Croma?
Old 26th May 2011, 17:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Where to buy PS3, Sony store or Croma?
Upto you, buddy. Costs more or less the same at either place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks