Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 17:53   #76
BHPian

Re: Playstation Move Vs. Microsoft Kinect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Where to buy PS3, Sony store or Croma?
Check out letsbuy.com. The prices here are resonable, although Sony is known not give any sort of discount what-so-ever.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:54   #77
BHPian

This was always in my mind, getting a product from their store is superior rather than getting the same product elsewhere.

As you have rightly said, the cost is the same everywhere, have to check if any freebies/discounts can be availed in Croma. I am sure, the Sony store doesn't give even a cleaning cloth as freebie.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:11   #78
BHPian

@dreams if you are in Bangalore you can check out Glasgow Computers on Brigade road. I picked my PS3 set from him, it was not the move but the one which had two games. Resistance 2 and MotorStorm- Pacific Drift. The benefit is we was willing to swap the games for others if they are the same price or we can pay the difference. Price of the unit is the same, also i think Planet M might give a rs 100/- or so off then normal price.
Old 26th May 2011, 22:31   #79
BHPian

@yajaman99
Unfortunately I am in Chennai. Will check out all 3 stores and update.
Old 30th May 2011, 00:14   #80
BHPian

Update: Went to Croma yesterday, shocked to hear Sony has instructed very clearly not to provide any discounts/freebies along with PS3, if given, no more stocks to them.

Today went to Sony store, they had a interest free 6 month EMI for PS3, after a detailed discussion with my better half, availed it. Woohoo!!! Now a proud owner of the Move bundle.

Took one hour to set it up. Any good games people can suggest here? And any good forums where we can get to know everything about the PS3? I am looking site like XDA.
Old 30th May 2011, 14:45   #81
BHPian

I have finally made up my mind to buy a PS3, i was on the fence for 3 years now! You read that right, 3 years......

Suggest the best place to buy it from and also what are the most needed accessories for PS3?

In games, i like first person shooting games and race games. Suggest a good move enabled first person shooting game.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I have finally made up my mind to buy a PS3, i was on the fence for 3 years now! You read that right, 3 years......

Suggest the best place to buy it from and also what are the most needed accessories for PS3?

In games, i like first person shooting games and race games. Suggest a good move enabled first person shooting game.
Try Planet M in your city, they used to offer discount upto 5%, this is what i have got when i purchased my PS3 console
Old 6th July 2011, 12:45   #83
BHPian

@mac187
You can also try Sony store, since they are offering a 6 month EMI with 0% interest.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:51   #84
BHPian

Anyone using Kinect with Xbox? How is the performance and games. I am planning to buy one soon. Does it make sense to go for 250GB Xbox or 4GB is enough. And what games should I buy for my kid specially motion one.
Old 26th August 2011, 18:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Does it make sense to go for 250GB Xbox or 4GB is enough. And what games should I buy for my kid specially motion one.
Go for the 4 GB it is more than enough. If you are thinking of the console for your kid only then initially do not buy any games. The initial pack comes with one motion sensor game included.

Depending on your kids age you can think of adding new games like Kinectanimals / Sports etc.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:09   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Anyone using Kinect with Xbox? How is the performance and games. I am planning to buy one soon. Does it make sense to go for 250GB Xbox or 4GB is enough. And what games should I buy for my kid specially motion one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Go for the 4 GB it is more than enough. If you are thinking of the console for your kid only then initially do not buy any games. The initial pack comes with one motion sensor game included.

Depending on your kids age you can think of adding new games like Kinectanimals / Sports etc.

I recently upgraded to the new Xbox 360 with kinect. I went opted for the 250 GB version, though the bundle 4GB + Kinect was a very tempting offer. Your decision should be based on the following:

1) Is your kid the only one who will be using the console?
2) Is this purely for gaming or do you want to store other media (movies, music etc) on it
3) Do you plan on buying several games (games can be stored on the console's HDD to make them run faster )

The basic games that come bundled with the kinect are good to start off with. I would definitely suggest the Kinect Sport. Is lotsa fun and great way to get some exercise too.

Microsoft is actively working to bring out several new games like HP & Star Wars (good for both kids & adults ). Trust me this piece is going to change the meaning of @ home entertainment.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:52   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Went to Croma yesterday, shocked to hear Sony has instructed very clearly not to provide any discounts/freebies along with PS3, if given, no more stocks to them.

Today went to Sony store, they had a interest free 6 month EMI for PS3, after a detailed discussion with my better half, availed it. Woohoo!!! Now a proud owner of the Move bundle.

Took one hour to set it up. Any good games people can suggest here? And any good forums where we can get to know everything about the PS3? I am looking site like XDA.
Unfortunately, there are no good games for Move as of now (except for killzone and sports champions maybe).

But there are some really really great games for PS3, namely:
Uncharted, Uncharted 2, God Of War Collections (contains 1 and 2), God Of War 3, Assassins Creed 2, Red Dead Redemption and many more.

If you are targetting one game for now, go with Uncharted or Uncharted 2. These are probably the hall of fame games.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:36   #88
BHPian

@_raVan_
Yes, the move games are very less or more kiddish. Have seen some good collections at the Landmark in Spencer.
Bought only the sports champion and love playing TT.
Rather than RPG, I like the racing games.

Damn: Now the PS3 move bundle is just 16990.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:53   #89
BHPian

Quote:
@_raVan_
Yes, the move games are very less or more kiddish. Have seen some good collections at the Landmark in Spencer.
Bought only the sports champion and love playing TT.
Rather than RPG, I like the racing games.

Damn: Now the PS3 move bundle is just 16990.
Can you please mention where PS3 move is available for 16990/-.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:00   #90
BHPian

^^ I am not sure where it is available, but read in newspapers.

Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sony-s...e1-736640.aspx

Last edited by dre@ms : 30th August 2011 at 12:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks