Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 17:10   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
I have Jio Fiber router.
One thing you can try is, attach any USB pendrive you already have to router's USB port. From router, share this pendrive as NAS . After that, configure cameras to use this NAS for storage.

If this works, you can attach a large HDD (like 2 TB / 4 TB) to router and share that as NAS.

Quote:
Is there a any other way to directly send the SD card video to online storage from the Mi app itself?
From what I know, Mi has started disabling this in India
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:32   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
One thing you can try is, attach any USB pendrive you already have to router's USB port. From router, share this pendrive as NAS . After that, configure cameras to use this NAS for storage.

If this works, you can attach a large HDD (like 2 TB / 4 TB) to router and share that as NAS.

Yeah, had tried that but they have changed the router login or locked it. I am not able to use the earlier credentials. The customer care was also of no help. I will to contact them again.

From what I know, Mi has started disabling this in India
Yeah thats why i was looking for an alternative. I do not know of any other wifi camera provider giving cloud storage facility in India.
Old 21st December 2023, 14:16   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah thats why i was looking for an alternative.
Does the alternative of using HDD with WiFi router work ?
Old 21st December 2023, 14:40   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Does the alternative of using HDD with WiFi router work ?
No, the usb port needs to be enabled in the router to be used as media server. Then the Jio app can be used to stream media from it. That's what i read online. The attached Usb drive just powers on but is not detected anywhere.

But I am unbale to login to the router as Jio has changed the default login credentials and not providing any clear info on it.
Old 21st December 2023, 15:05   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..unbale to login to the router as Jio has changed the default login credentials and not providing any clear info on it.
Like someone needed another reason to stay away from Jio

Only other option would be to buy a different brand. Probably that would not be a real option since you will need to throw away existing hardware.

TP-Link Tapo provides (paid) cloud option for TP Link cameras.
Old 21st January 2024, 13:53   #291
BHPian

I have been using HikVision NVR CCTV cameras for my residence. The NVR box is connected to WiFi and I can see the live videos using HikVision app on my mobile.

But in recent few days having issue with their 'HiLook' app on my android mobile. The connection is erratic and app keeps flashing that it would be discontinued.

Are there any better apps to connect to HikVision cloud on Android play store?
Please advise.
Old 7th February 2024, 00:57   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Please advise.
I have a Hikvision DVR setup for my farm. I use the Hik-Connect app for end user, can be downloaded from google playstore. The user experience is not that great but it does the job considering you have a decent network speed.
Hope this helps
Old 7th February 2024, 09:42   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have been using HikVision NVR CCTV cameras for my residence. The NVR box is connected to WiFi and I can see the live videos using HikVision app on my mobile.

But in recent few days having issue with their 'HiLook' app on my android mobile. The connection is erratic and app keeps flashing that it would be discontinued.

Please advise.
Any reason why the NVR is not connected to Lan directly? Try connecting to LAN and see if the issue persists. Wifi can be messy sometimes.

Last edited by atulsian : 7th February 2024 at 09:49.
Old 7th February 2024, 20:14   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Any reason why the NVR is not connected to Lan directly? Try connecting to LAN and see if the issue persists. Wifi can be messy sometimes.
It's connected to LAN and NO issues out there. The issues are ONLY when we want to see the feed on our mobile devices. The supported app by HIKVision is not stable. So wanted to know, what other apps are being used by people to view the HIKVision feed.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 01:35   #295
BHPian

Re: Outdoor 2 Way Audio CCTV camera?

Any recommendations/advise for an outdoor 2 way audio CCTV camera?
Need one to be installed at the earliest.

Please advise.
Old 30th March 2024, 08:52   #296
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I am planning to get one of these wifi-enabled security cameras installed for main entry gate at my residence. Not planning to spend a lot as the locality is gated and guarded, with CCTVs on all entry/exit points.

We have a DVR setup with multiple cameras at our primary home that has been working flawlessly for years now. But this time I want to keep it inexpensive (5-10k range) and simple for a single camera setup. Decent camera quality with 2-way audio is a must, but features such as 360 degree rotation, motion detection and night vision are not required.

From Amazon reviews, I came to know that these wifi cameras come with some outdated wifi chipset, so the router needs to be in close proximity. The area where the camera will be placed does not have good connectivity from our main wifi router. Will a range extender (with a thick wall in between) take care of this?

Another issue is data storage. Inbuilt memory card can be easily stolen, so I'd prefer a setup that can store a few days data on the cloud as well.

Any recommendations on brands/models that can be considered?
Old 31st March 2024, 13:28   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
We have a DVR setup with multiple cameras at our primary home that has been working flawlessly for years now. But this time I want to keep it inexpensive (5-10k range) ....

Another issue is data storage. Inbuilt memory card can be easily stolen, so I'd prefer a setup that can store a few days data on the cloud as well.
Consider Tapo range of Camera from TP Link. Tapo C510W might be a fit ( ~4k ).
  1. WiFi is Old (2.4 GHz "n"). A range extender should fix it as you mentioned.
  2. Supports 2 Way audio
  3. Optional paid cloud storage
  4. Do validate for this model : Tapo cameras have option for setting up username/password so that NVR/can fetch video from it. This should take careof SD card theft scenario . E.g.:
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks