Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 21:40   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I wonder why he didnt put the getz in comparo. that would have included the whole segment.
Simple reason - I don't like Getz. Probably before Swift came in, I would have thought about it. No reason to now.
Old 17th March 2006, 21:56   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
To further confuse things for you, if you do drive the Baleno, how about the Petra 1.6?
Unfortunately, I guess not. Tata Motors do not sell Petras :(
Old 18th March 2006, 00:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandab
Guys,

ps:
My mom liked the Swift over Palio while rest of us guys liked Palio. A vote of 3:1 in favour of Palio.
If your Mom is goping to drive too...then I would not recommend a Palio which can be a handful with its heavy hydraulic clutch..especially in stop go traffic
If you are going to drive more...You will definitely like the Palio (1.6) and its performance and solidity over the Swift.
Sorry for taking this off topic?? but since you mentioned in the post...is the Baleno in your shortlist too?? you will be pleasently surprised with the mix of Fuel Efficiency, performance, ride and space this car offers....and it does look very good in Black color too...
Old 18th March 2006, 01:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Motors do not sell Petras
Isn't there a Fiat dealer in Bangalore?

Well I say forget the Baleno's or Petra's. Just drive the Palio 1.6 and you wouldn't need to look at any other car.
Old 18th March 2006, 11:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
heavy hydraulic clutch
After driving swift with the softer clutch, I find it difficult to drive other cars. Clutch play is beauty with Swift. One example is that I find it very difficult to drive my friends OHC 1.3 (not sure whether it is car specific) & I hate to take that car in traffics.
Old 18th March 2006, 17:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't put too much of emphasis on the more solid clutch of the Palio. These are things anyone gets used to. I am sure Anand's mom ( if she is going to drive the new car) will also get used to the way the clutch or anything works in the Palio. Just like surprise now loves the soft clutch of the Swift, a owner of the Palio may love the 'solid' feel of the Palio clutch and may find other cars to flimsy or soft for his liking.
Old 19th March 2006, 00:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Sorry for taking this off topic?? but since you mentioned in the post...is the Baleno in your shortlist too?? you will be pleasently surprised with the mix of Fuel Efficiency, performance, ride and space this car offers....and it does look very good in Black color too...
It certainly wasn't in the initial list. After yesterday's test drive, it has just about crept in. Haven't test driven Palio 1.6 yet. Assuming a similar/superior driving experience in Palio vis-a-vis Baleno, IMHO, Baleno scores over Palio in Maruti's service backup and the advantages (both percieved and real) of having a bigger car. Against that are the dated interiors and hassles of owning a bigger car in a crazy city like Bangalore.
Old 19th March 2006, 00:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't there a Fiat dealer in Bangalore?
We do have Sundaram Motors in Bangalore - but their reputation has been considerably tarnished in countless reviews/newsgroups. Suffice to say that without the Tata-Fiat alliance, Palio would have been regrettably out of my shortlist. Atleast this alliance brings hope and Palio becomes a calculated risk instead of a probable disaster.

Quote:
Well I say forget the Baleno's or Petra's. Just drive the Palio 1.6 and you wouldn't need to look at any other car.
I hope so
Old 19th March 2006, 02:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is pretty quick and fuel efficient (12+ kmpl is easy in city with AC most times) and those front seats are pretty good to sit for long drives. (have a Baleno) Last year I dron 760km mumbai-hyd in a day and despite that fact that I have one slipped and one bulged disc in my spine.....my back was pretty fine and no aches at all....
I have a Uno 1.2 petrol too. Wont buy a fiat car in the near future because of my service experiences...
Old 19th March 2006, 04:16   #70

ofcourse a swift.. maruti car after all.. low mantaince..
Old 20th March 2006, 03:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

people buy a royal enfield because it is an icon. Lotsa maintainence. Lotsa troubles. Low FE. But they buy a royal enfield.

same goes for the palio 1.6 . while half the problems are hypes there are troubles.

FE is not as good as japanese
Visibility maybe a problem for Women or people below 5,5
Service is not the best
Niggling problems always occur

But Palio sports 1.6 is for people who buy from their heart and not their mind.

they still are known for their tank like build
Comfort is still one of the best in class with good ride quality
power excites and is fun to drive
The Torque engine is really torquey.
Old 10th April 2006, 23:20   #72
BHPian

I listened to my heart, my head, this forum, my head and my heart in that order.

Atlast! I have initiated the booking from my company for a Formula Red Palio 1.6 Sports

Expected delivery - end of this month. Needless to say, I am excited. It's going to look little odd having a 'L' badge on an 1.6 - but who cares

Thanks for all who helped me make this decision.
Old 10th April 2006, 23:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats! I am sure the built with typical Italian passion, Palio will delight you. Do post reviews of your buying and delivery expereince to let others know how your dealer fared in your eyes. And we all are expecting a full review with pictures of your car.

Formula Red Palio 1.6 looks SUPER HOT!!
Old 10th April 2006, 23:56   #74
BHPian

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND on your new Palio. I listened to my heart and brought a palio, I am enjoying my palio, you will see yourself smiling every time you press the accelerator and feel the brut power of 1.6 engine also will see peoples head turn towards your palio.
Ferrari red palio looks damn s**y.

Cheers ....Major
Old 11th April 2006, 02:11   #75
BHPian

Yippy,we sold a FIAT .Now FIAT India Ltd, where is that commission we discussed about every time team-bhp helps in selling a Palio?
Hey just kidding !Heartfelt congratulations to you Nandab for making a sensible decision of buying the best hatchback in India.Palio 1.6 Sport in Formula red is a miniature ferrari.Just one more thing- Below the "L" sign make a provision for writing " Learning.....To drive Fast".Good luck and enjoy your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks