Old 11th April 2006, 04:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your purchase.

do post the pics.
&

Drive fast but within your limits.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:23   #77
BHPian

Congrats nandab, u hv made a gr8 choice. Even i bought my palio 1.6 last week. boy, wt a beauty it is, b4 buying this car, i was cribbing to commute in bangalore, but, now, I love to take my beauty for a spin anytime.
Happy driving.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:25   #78
BHPian

Guys,

Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
Just one more thing- Below the "L" sign make a provision for writing " Learning.....To drive Fast".Good luck and enjoy your car.
That was a good one. Maybe I will do that
Old 11th April 2006, 15:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anand on your choice! Enjoy driving the 1.6 beast! We have a Palio Users Group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PalioUsersIndia/ . You are welcome to join us!
Old 11th April 2006, 16:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

A revvy monster... welcome aboard!
Old 11th April 2006, 16:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

The only -ve point about is its "Titanic" turning radius !! Be aware of that, and try out a few U-turns during the test drive to see if u can manage to live with it.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:47   #82
BHPian

Congrats for your car. Regarding big turining radius, you will get used to it. Its require some skill, soon you'll acquire it. I feel very manly when I take U-turn in cramped roads !!! Go for highway drive, your love for your car will touch new heights.
Old 13th April 2006, 16:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

Yet Another FIAT baby joining the team-bhp club..... A gr8 choice.... I have Palio 1.2.. Man 1.6 is really a Beast Swift is nowhere in the league of Palio 1.6.. Congrats for one of the best machines...
Join: PalioUsersIndia@yahoogroups.com to meet other Palio lovers...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport/Silver Frost
No Drivers... Only Lovers...
Old 13th April 2006, 17:11   #84
BHPian

I am Confused !!!! PLEASE SUGGEST FOR MY NEW CAR

Guys,Please update me on the Fuel Economy please.....recently,I test drove SWIFT ,GETZ and in the end PALIO 1.2...
To be frank,I didn't like the SWIFT / GETZ as far as driving pleasure ,handling etc is concerned...I am having the same problems as "nandab" is having....I personally liked the PALIO 1.2 NV but looking at these responses(everyone is suggesting PALIO 1.6 Sport)...I am totally confused...My daily commuting wd be around 35 kms(to & fro office) - so,fuel economy is a bit of concern for me.....My 75 % drive wd be on Pune - Mumbai highway(as I have to go to Pune infotech park)..
Can someone tell me the difference between fuel economies of PALIO 1.2 NV ELX and PALIO 1.6 SPORT
Few points :

1.This is my first car.I am looking fwd for a hatchback..I don't want to upgrade for atleast 6 years..

2.Following points are important for me..
-Driving pleasure,ride handling
-Fuel economy
-Good Looks

I have not yet zeroed in on any car....wd be test-driving a Indica XETA soon...was also considering FORD IKON FLAIR 1.3...so...have not freezed yet...

ALL SUGGESTIONS are most welcome.....Thanks a lot for yr help....

Last edited by nitinhegde : 13th April 2006 at 17:13.
Old 13th April 2006, 17:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I have Palio NV 1.2 Sport. Whenever I get into my car, I feel like im in the castle... Very secured feeling for which I ve paid... The fuel difference between 1.2 and 1.6 is not that much compared to the power you get. I used to get about 12 KMPL with abt 40% AC in Pune city (Bumpe to bumper traffic). For a car like Palio, its quite descent amount. Usually 1.6 returns about 9-10 KMPL in city (Without AC).

1.6 is 100 BHP and 1.2 is 72 BHP. Sometime I feel for a car of its size, 72 odd horses looks quite low... I have heard that the brand new 1.6 sport has much smooth clutch (You cant make up that its hydrucloric)... Overall 1.6 is more of a car which deserves to rev a lottttt... 1.2 is for conservative drivers..

As you will be driving your car mostly on highway (Hinjewadi I suppose), FE wont be a prob for 1.6 either... Test drive both the cars and then you can simply decide where to go. FE wise there is not so much drop from 1.2 to 1.6. Believe me 1.6 is worth a car, even I wud have gone for 1.6, but when i bought mine, it was not available... Foo more information, you can join us at "PalioUsersIndia@yahoogroups.com". Its the place where you will get all your queries resolved...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport/Silver Frost
No Drivers... Only Lovers...
Old 7th May 2006, 17:08   #86
BHPian

Palio delivered!

I got the delivery of my Formula Red Palio 1.6 this week. What can I say? It's all that has been talked about and more.

Being a novice, I had some qualms about being able to handle it. But, I have to say, Palio completely surprised me by its handling ability. You feel so much in control of the car at any time. The steering response (not too smooth and not too hard), gear shifts (not so short such that you are not sure whether the gear has fallen and not so uncertain) are its pluses. The steering feels nice and solid to the hands. Surprisingly, unlike some earlier posts here, I found the clutch to be smooth.

The ride is not as good as the Palio 1.2 but is quite adequate. It comes with Bridgestone tyres - I have left an upgrade to tubeless for the future.

The interior space is good. The red and black toned seats go along with the rest of the car - no seat covers for some time to come. The controls are all nicely placed and in easy reach for the driver. My friend complained about the controls being slightly tilted towards the driver, but I liked the design choice.

Unlike other cars, the horn is somewhat removed from the rim of the steering wheel. Its a minor grouse for people who are used to easy reach of the horn. I am not a proponent of incessant horn approach and this being my first vehicle, I will get used to it in time.

I only wish Fiat had given ABS and airbags as an option. The extra cost (40k?) would have made it an unbeatable proposition.

Fuel efficiency in the face of rising petrol costs will remain a concern. But, its more than compensated by the driving pleasure and solid feel that it offers.

In short, am I happy I bought the vehicle? You bet!

A big thanks for all the BHPians who helped making this decision.
Old 7th May 2006, 17:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nandab on your new baby. Take care of it in the initial stages . have fun .
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!
thats the word I have, I was just reading this old thread and found how nandab got to a conclusion here.
He started with about 80% of people voting for swift (remember guys, this 80% includes Palio owners as well); 15% were voting for Palio and 5% others.
I was just amazed how he changed his mind.

Well, congratulations Nanab and I'm sure you are enjoying this beast for almost a year now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks