Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 10:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

My heart says Palio. It is an excellent car let down by horrible ***. Hopefully Tata will change this.

Between the 3 you have listed I would chooe the Swift. We did the same excersie a few months ago for my Father in Law. However I dont think he is going to push his car as hard as you intend to. :-)

THe Zxi which has a beautiful AC and auto locks all 5 doors and has ABS will just fit in your budget.

BTW I am told that the Aveo hatch might also start around 5.5L. So that might be anotther option again *** is a concern. HM is not known for ***.
Old 24th March 2006, 11:07   #17
BANNED

Have you ruled out diesel hatches? If not, give the Indica Turbo a shot.
Old 24th March 2006, 11:15   #18
BHPian

go for getz if you prefer to have comfortable three members sitting in the back and good amount of luggage space. Swift, is the new generation car with style and performance. I suggest getz.
Old 24th March 2006, 12:25   #19

Thanks, i have gone through the pictorial comparison of Getz & Swift and that was awesome. But I m still in the same state to decide upon which car to go for.

I heard that getz has FE of about 9-10 KM/L where as swift got 11-13 KM/L. That is one plus point for swift in my terms, coz at the end maintenance matters.

And other hand the getz has more boot space and leg room, which is required for me when i am travelling with my whole family (May be once or twice in a year).

And for Palio I like that car alot but due to the present condition of the company i would avoid to look into that.

In some news i heard about HONDA JAZZ another premium hatchback, will be touching the indian roads soon. Whats your comments on JAZZ?

I dont like to drive the car which is common on the road, so I think, I will leave out the options for Indica (CAB), SANTRO, ALTO or WAGAN-R.
Old 24th March 2006, 13:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickuv
I heard that getz has FE of about 9-10 KM/L where as swift got 11-13 KM/L. That is one plus point for swift in my terms, coz at the end maintenance matters.
The difference is not that much - Getz should give you somewher close to 10-12 kmpl, its slightly lesser than Swift, but only slightly - and even that might be open to debate.

Quote:
In some news i heard about HONDA JAZZ another premium hatchback, will be touching the indian roads soon. Whats your comments on JAZZ?
Forget Jazz, Honda is not sure whether it wants to bring it in the first place, and right now they are too busy preparing for the launch of civic

Quote:
I dont like to drive the car which is common on the road, so I think, I will leave out the options for Indica (CAB), SANTRO, ALTO or WAGAN-R.
well - even the swift is getting quite common on the roads nowadays
Old 24th March 2006, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Here are my answer for the questions.

1. You are family man needing space and practicality or, are you a single person?
I am a single person but soon will be married. Need space while travel on trips, can be 5/6 times in year.

2. Will you drive it alone or any ladies in family will also drive it?
Myself and in future my wife will drive it.

3. How much will you drive on highways? and how much in City?
For this one i will have 70:30 ratio for City and Highways respectively

4. When you say performance, how fast do you drive? (Santro is capable of doing 120 just like other two. Unless you plan to push harder, top speeds don't make much sense).
I like fast pickup car, and on the ring road i expect to touch 140.

5. You say FE will be plus. What figure do you have in mind?
FE should be above 10 KM/L
1. For a couple space will be enough in all the cars.
3. Santro is not comfortable for long drives
4. fast pickup - only santro has good pickup, swift and getz dont.
5. getz will give 9.5, swift 10.5+, santro 13+

if you want pickup,comfort, then your choices will be ford ikon 1.6, palio 1.6, accent base version.
Old 24th March 2006, 13:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra

well - even the swift is getting quite common on the roads nowadays
But still looks FRESH!!
Old 24th March 2006, 13:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
1. For a couple space will be enough in all the cars.
3. Santro is not comfortable for long drives
4. fast pickup - only santro has good pickup, swift and getz dont.
5. getz will give 9.5, swift 10.5+, santro 13+

if you want pickup,comfort, then your choices will be ford ikon 1.6, palio 1.6, accent base version.
if you still want to choose from santro,getz and swift, i think swift probably would match your requirements the closest.
Old 24th March 2006, 14:00   #24
BHPian

Between the Swift and Getz go for the Swift for its new looks, better FE and Better Power. For better boot space, better rear seating space go for Getz. You have mentioned you wanna do 140 on the ring road, Swift is definitely better in high speed stability and cornering abilities. Put on bigger rubber 195/60/14 you got increased cornering and better breaking as well. . I own a Swift have 205/60/15" tires, I can do 120+ in the intermediate ring road curves and still change lanes easily

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...etz-swift.html

Last edited by anarchist : 24th March 2006 at 14:15.
Old 24th March 2006, 14:00   #25

What about the rattling noise in the swift and build quality? I read this alot in this forum. Is this really an issue in Swift?

Please put down your experience on "Pickup", "FE", and Performance between GETZ & SWIFT
Old 24th March 2006, 14:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

SWIFT. My suggestion
Old 24th March 2006, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
Between the Swift and Getz go for the Swift for its new looks, better FE and Better Power. For better boot space, better rear seating space go for Getz. You have mentioned you wanna do 140 on the ring road, Swift is definitely better in high speed stability and cornering abilities. Put on bigger rubber 195/60/14 you got increased cornering and better breaking as well. . I own a Swift have 205/60/15" tires, I can do 120+ in the intermediate ring road curves and still change lanes easily

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...etz-swift.html

120 in intermediate ring road and changing lanes..thats pretty fast. I just hit the 100 on the inter mediate ring roads..and ppl start complaining in our car..The car feels pretty planted i must say.

I hit the 100Kmph on my bike pretty regularly on that road..have already had a fall..during one of those rainy days when one of those lancers suddenly swerved in my direction
Old 24th March 2006, 15:25   #28
BHPian

The Swift Zxi with your concern for FE. Santro is very old.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:29   #29

Any more thoughts & Suggestions on this...
Old 24th March 2006, 18:39   #30
BHPian

As per my opinion go in for a Getz which wud solve all ur conerns.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks