Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Which CNG car

Just in case no-one noticed, Honda Amaze has a factory-fitted CNG model available which was introduced somewhere in 2014 I think. In my opinion, barring cost factor , this would be a much better option for people like CPJ with much more on offer as a car than the smallies. Ultimate for city or even highway for that matter. Onsite prices: Amaze 1.2 E MT (i-VTEC) Petrol : Rs. 557,938. CNG maybe same price or about 60,000/- more or so.

Also the Honda engines are superb with sequential CNG kits, unlike the opposite myths.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:11   #47
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Just in case no-one noticed, Honda Amaze has a factory-fitted CNG model available which was introduced somewhere in 2014 I think.
Hi pixantz,
Thanks for your input. The Honda Amaze is indeed a great car and that's why we already own it in its Diesel Avatar .

However the Amaze does not come with a factory fitted CNG. Honda is basically providing a CNG ready variant of Amaze to its dealerships and has made certain changes to its suspension among other. The Honda approved CNG kit is then installed at dealership level with Honda Warranty and comes in 1.2 S MT Plus i-Vtec variant.

Also the OTR Pune price for 1.2 S MT Plus i-Vtec touches to about 7 Lakhs which is way beyond our already extended budget.

Regards,
CPJ
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
However the Amaze does not come with a factory fitted CNG. Honda is basically providing a CNG ready variant of Amaze to its dealerships and has made certain changes to its suspension among other. The Honda approved CNG kit is then installed at dealership level with Honda Warranty and comes in 1.2 S MT Plus i-Vtec variant.
CPJ

It's the same as factory fitted, only it's Hondas way of doing it. They also did it with the City I vtec previous model (3rd gen 2008 model variant). It goes to show their commitment towards performance, standards and drivability of their vehicles. That's what people should recognize in brands. Their ideology basically on what a perfect automobile should be all about.

One thing perplexes me though. They don't advertise about it much. Almost nil. Most people who bought a Honda City between 2008 and 2014 would not have even realized that there is an option of factory fitted CNG. Another thing was the cost. Those who did know did not like the fact that the CNG thing would cost them about 90,000/- odd (that was what it costed if I'm not wrong) without thinking about what was the complete kit you was getting for the price, including the apt suspension setup which is the complete package. Bad for them. You know the normal Indian thinking: if-I-can-get-it-for-55k,-am-I-mad-to-pay-90k kind of thinking.

Anyway, good luck with your purchase
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
So team, Is Celerio CNG a good buy over Wagon R CNG?
The two share the same engine, come with factory fitted CNG, have 4 years/80,000 KM warranty and both are more or less equally spacious.
I would still suggest Wagon R, reasons :

1) Better Seats. Any given day, Wagon R seats are more comfortable than Celerio.
Front seats and rear seats in Wagon R green are with adjustable headrests. Rear seat of Wagon R is much, much better than Celerio. In case of Celerio somehow I felt rear backrst ends up too early.

2) Easier ingress and egress. It adds to the end of the day comfort equation.

3) Ride is better in Wagon R, and relatively muted suspension of Wagon R is another benefit.

4) More cabin space overall than Celerio, and more importantly, the cabin is airy.

5) Wagon R is likely to fetch you more resale.

Just my view.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:11   #50
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
One thing perplexes me though. They don't advertise about it much. Almost nil. Most people who bought a Honda City between 2008 and 2014 would not have even realized that there is an option of factory fitted CNG. Another thing was the cost. Those who did know did not like the fact that the CNG thing would cost them about 90,000/- odd (that was what it costed if I'm not wrong) without thinking about what was the complete kit you was getting for the price, including the apt suspension setup which is the complete package. Bad for them. You know the normal Indian thinking: if-I-can-get-it-for-55k,-am-I-mad-to-pay-90k kind of thinking.
I completely agree pixantz. In my present search for CNG cars, whichever dealer I visited, there was hardly any interest in selling me the CNG cars. In case of Maruti, the Sales Executives was pushing the AMT variants, citing ready availability and good discounts. On the other hand Hyundai is charging additional 70,000/- on top of cars OTR price for installation of CNG at dealership level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I would still suggest Wagon R, reasons :

1) Better Seats. Any given day, Wagon R seats are more comfortable than Celerio.
Front seats and rear seats in Wagon R green are with adjustable headrests. Rear seat of Wagon R is much, much better than Celerio. In case of Celerio somehow I felt rear backrst ends up too early.

2) Easier ingress and egress. It adds to the end of the day comfort equation.

3) Ride is better in Wagon R, and relatively muted suspension of Wagon R is another benefit.

4) More cabin space overall than Celerio, and more importantly, the cabin is airy.

5) Wagon R is likely to fetch you more resale.
Thanks for the valuable inputs aaggoswami. To be honest, I would have picked up the Wagon R over Celerio any day, but the only thing which is making me take Celerio seriously is the safety kit (Driver & Passenger Airbags) and the slightly better equipment levels it has to offer at fraction of an EMI increase.
CPJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 12:49   #51
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2016 at 10:07.
Kool_Kid is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th May 2016, 18:13   #52
BHPian

You mean AMT, I believe.

Currently, there are no variants in any of the manufacturers that have AMT+CNG option.

You may get a diesel + Automatic however all cars are way over your 5L budget. (Ex Dzire ZDI AGS, Zest XTA Diesel)

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2016 at 10:08. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 19th May 2016, 18:52   #53
BHPian

There are no CNG + AMT cars on sale currently. What you can try is getting an AMT car under 5 Lac and getting CNG retrofitted from aftermarket or dealer. A CNG retrofit would cost you around 60k from the dealer, and much less from outside.

Another option is to get a used auto/AMT car and get CNG kit retrofitted. This way you can look at Compact sedans also even in a 4 Lac budget.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2016 at 10:08. Reason: Quoted post deleted
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 11:15   #54
BHPian

I am stuck in a similar dilemma. I have used a Swift for many years with CNG and am now considering an 'upgrade'. However i cannot find any new car 'better' car with CNG. i am hooked to the saving that are associated with CNG cars so i am not considering diesels or petrols.

Are there any CNG cars in the pipeline in the notchback/premium hatch segment that are due to appear in the market? Only option is the xcent. and i would love if the Zest came factory fitted with CNG.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:08   #55
BHPian

My father-in-law is looking to buy a CNG car. He already has a WagonR CNG LXi and so that is ruled out. Second CNG car needs to have
1. upright seating - to be used by senior citizens and hence car with low seating cannot be an option
2. good AC
Usage - mainly city.

I could not find another option better than WagonR but since that's ruled out (he wants different car this time), not sure what is another option.

PS : it has to be a hatchback, even a CS avatar is a problem due to small parking.

Last edited by advaitlele : 6th June 2016 at 12:09. Reason: added PS
Old 6th June 2016, 12:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
My father-in-law is looking to buy a CNG car. He already has a WagonR CNG LXi and so that is ruled out. Second CNG car needs to have
1. upright seating - to be used by senior citizens and hence car with low seating cannot be an option
2. good AC
Usage - mainly city.

I could not find another option better than WagonR but since that's ruled out (he wants different car this time), not sure what is another option.

PS : it has to be a hatchback, even a CS avatar is a problem due to small parking.
Few options for you - Celerio CNG, Alto CNG, i10 classic/i10 grand CNG.

Rest you can get any other non cng variant of cars like i20 and get CNG installed from aftermarket.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 16:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
2. good AC
Usage - mainly city.

Take a look at Celerio (Green a.k.a CNG)
The VXI (O) offers dual airbags as well.

Another option can be Tata Nano CNG eMAX
With short dimension and peppier low end, it would be easier to drive.

Hyundai i10 though it lacks factory fitted CNG kit.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
I am stuck in a similar dilemma. I have used a Swift for many years with CNG and am now considering an 'upgrade'. However i cannot find any new car 'better' car with CNG. i am hooked to the saving that are associated with CNG cars so i am not considering diesels or petrols.

Are there any CNG cars in the pipeline in the notchback/premium hatch segment that are due to appear in the market? Only option is the xcent. and i would love if the Zest came factory fitted with CNG.
Did you check Grand i10 CNG and/Or Honda Amaze CNG?
Old 6th June 2016, 17:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
Did you check Grand i10 CNG and/Or Honda Amaze CNG?
Does Amaze still come with CNG?

And another thing. The Amaze is a brio with a trunk while the xcent is an i10 grand with a trunk. Both of which are similar or smaller than the swift. For some reason, i dont really feel like it would be an upgrade. Hence my interest in the Zest
Old 6th June 2016, 21:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Does Amaze still come with CNG?

And another thing. The Amaze is a brio with a trunk while the xcent is an i10 grand with a trunk. Both of which are similar or smaller than the swift. For some reason, i dont really feel like it would be an upgrade. Hence my interest in the Zest
Even if it's the case that Amaze doesn't come with CNG now, you can always install it outside. It would be a great upgrade.

I, for one, wouldn't suggest a TATA. But that's my personal opinion. Also, the Honda City serves as a perfect upgrade for Swift wallas. That super creamy i-vtec with a proper sequential kit is just plain bliss. Give it a thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks