Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 23:10   #61
BHPian

Re: Which CNG car

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
My father-in-law is looking to buy a CNG car.
He can look at Celerio or Grand i10. Both are compact and city-friendly, I will pick the Celerio based on your needs though. Do you need a company-fitted CNG or a dealer fitted works fine for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
And another thing. The Amaze is a brio with a trunk while the xcent is an i10 grand with a trunk. Both of which are similar or smaller than the swift. For some reason, i dont really feel like it would be an upgrade. Hence my interest in the Zest
Zest is also a Bolt with trunk. There are very less Zests on road running with a CNG kit. Tata, Ford, Skoda, VW are some brand names which are seldom heard together with CNG. Most cars running with aftermarket CNG kits are from Honda, Hyundai and Maruti. I would advice you to go with the tried-tested route only, as CNG involves messing with your engine and that too without any warranty (i.e. car warranty gets void). Pick any of the tried cars like Dzire, Amaze, City, Etios, Baleno or get something from the used market (City or Civic - pure bliss) and fit a kit.

There are very less cars available with factory fitted CNG kits, which you can consider as an upgrade from the Swift. Maruti CNG kit costs upwards of 50k (IIRC BRC kit) for fitment at dealer level and one can fit it in any car. You can get a Sigma or Delta Baleno and get the kit fitted from MASS. They give you a warranty as well I think.

After a Swift, I don't feel that even the Zest would be an upgrade. It would be more of a change. I hope you can understand the difference between the two. Pick something from the next price range and get CNG fitted yourself.
biggrin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 23:42   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
He can look at Celerio or Grand i10. Both are compact and city-friendly, I will pick the Celerio based on your needs though. Do you need a company-fitted CNG or a dealer fitted works fine for you?

You can get a Sigma or Delta Baleno and get the kit fitted from MASS. They give you a warranty as well I think.
Interesting. I consider the zest an upgrade because of the crazy features. Awesome ICE. Navigation, Projector Headlight, great interior, etc.

And does getting the CNG system fitted in a baleno void warranty? if not, that could be sort of an upgrade for me.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
And does getting the CNG system fitted in a baleno void warranty? if not, that could be sort of an upgrade for me.
From aftermarket, it does void your warranty. If you get it fitted from the dealer, he provides you a 2 year warranty for the kit. Dealer fitted kits are expensive, at around 60k for sequential (with some iGPi technology, which WagonR CNG comes with), I think. The dealer also told me that the work would be top notch and they would endorse the kit on RC also. I was told all this in 2014 at a Maruti dealership when I enquired for a kit for my Dzire, you can confirm the same from your dealer and go ahead.

I will pick Baleno over Zest any day from long-term usage point of view. Except the light build, average interior quality and waiting period, there is nothing wrong with this car. Check out!

Last edited by biggrin : 7th June 2016 at 12:41. Reason: added more
Old 14th June 2016, 10:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
He would surely need a company fitted CNG. Have to check both cars this weekend. Not sure if i10 has company fitted model though.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 03:21   #65
BHPian

Posting on behalf of my sister. She has an A star AT done 40,000 kms currently (2011 model) and is very happy with the car. Recently her running has increased to 50kms a day going to noida everyday for work. She is looking to shift to CNG considering the ever increasing fuel prices.

1. Are there any CNG AT cars available in the market at the moment?

2. Assuming there are none is it advisable to get CNG conversion done for the A star. Will the gearbox and 8 year old engine be able to handle the conversion. The car will purely be a city car with maximum on 2 people in the car as there would be another car for outstation trips hence that is not a concern.

3. If CNG conversion is recommended please recommend the best place in delhi for such a conversion. Thanks in advance.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks