Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:30   #46
BANNED

Buy Esteem or Zen, depending on which one fits your needs better. I agree with Prince, the Esteem is very quick off the blocks, plus it gives a good average.

The only downside is the looks (which depends on person to person).
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:36   #47
BHPian

Hey dude i know u dont like tall boys.

But come to think of it honestly. Xeta ur hesitant to trust n Palio's mileage is never goona get good with time.

Wagon R and Santro maybe be odd***** to look at.. but i think one can get used to looks given a little time. When we got the Santro i hated the way it looked but i've grown over them.. and actually find it cute.

As for reliability.. its up with the best and so is Maruti.

Fuel Efficiency is higly dependent on the driver. But i can tell you that i've driven from sedate to very fast(Full accelerator all the time) and my average looms b/w 11 to 15 depending on how i drive.

I posted a long term review of the car. It may help

PS: never judge a book by its cover
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
I know absolutely nothing about the Ikons. What's their service like? And FE? Isn't the Esteem quicker and more efficient?
Esteem is much quicker than the Ikon Flair, infact Esteem gives big time competition to the Baleno and the Ikon 1.6 when it comes to acceleration.

Well, yea the ikon is surely more expensive to mantain than the esteem and also the FE is significantly lesser than the Esteem but i think it manages 10kmpl easily.

I told you to have a look at the Ikon coz there are a lot of people who feel that the Esteem is an outdated car. Well, i agree to that in terms of safety and build quality, the esteem feels flimsy compared to the competition . But look at that price bracket of 4.5L-5.3L, there isn't any mid-sizer around that gives Good performance, class leading FE, cheap spares and wide network of A** which only a Maruti can give.

Well........looks are subjective. I own the Baleno as well as the Esteem. And according to me i feel the esteem looks better than the Baleno.

I was just trying to give you options

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd April 2006 at 14:40.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:14   #49

Finally ?????

Hi,

I am very curious to know which one you finalized on.

Long thread but i am sure you were not able to decide yet.(cos it was very confusing). Good options given by everone.
Old 5th May 2006, 21:11   #50
BHPian

mann go for a indica xeta.. strong car,cool look's and a quite good mileage
Old 6th May 2006, 12:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan_ms
Hi,

I am very curious to know which one you finalized on.

Long thread but i am sure you were not able to decide yet.(cos it was very confusing). Good options given by everone.
Thanks for your interest ranjan ms. I have narrowed down my options to the
1. Palio 1.6 GTX (as new as I can get); its the hottest thing within my budget
2. Swift LXI; its not as over-rated as I had been feeling initially
3. Indica Xeta; VFM
4. Esteem LXI; trusted Indian war horse for years

I am waiting for the right car. I am scanning the papers daily, though, I would prefer that I find the car in a couple of months (or a few) from now (I have just about got possession for my new flat and a huge load of expenditure is waiting round the corner).
Old 7th May 2006, 18:26   #52
BHPian

About Xeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
Thanks for your interest ranjan ms. I have narrowed down my options to the
1. Palio 1.6 GTX (as new as I can get); its the hottest thing within my budget
2. Swift LXI; its not as over-rated as I had been feeling initially
3. Indica Xeta; VFM
4. Esteem LXI; trusted Indian war horse for years

I am waiting for the right car. I am scanning the papers daily, though, I would prefer that I find the car in a couple of months (or a few) from now (I have just about got possession for my new flat and a huge load of expenditure is waiting round the corner).
I am following the thread with much interest.Incidenally, I am also located very near to you-Malad West. My daily journey to office is similar to that of you-approx 38 km one way-from Evershine nagar to Nariman Point. And finally, I am also driving a Maruti 800-though not regularly like you.I am thinking of trading in my car for a B-segment one-may be sometime later during the year. One thing about the Xeta I would like to mention. Tata Motors , or for that matter for any company, the intial days for any new product is the time for R &D, at least in India. If you track the history of Indiaca you will find that there were lot of problems for the early owners. Only the introduction of V2 rectified them to some extent.It is only around 3 months that the Xeta has come to market. The product will definitely be upgraded after the feedback of the intial buyers are obtained. So, even if you are willing to buy the the same it will be better to wait for another 5/6 months-I think.And please pm me about your daily journey experience ,particularly the return ones.Cheers,

Last edited by purnendubagchi : 7th May 2006 at 18:36.
Old 7th May 2006, 19:35   #53
BHPian

i think you should go for either the santro or the wagon-r.....i agree that the palio is a good car but the after-sales car service is so bad that you wished you never bought the car......
Old 8th May 2006, 15:14   #54
BHPian

Go for a Xeta, as your daily usage is not that high. Its good VFM. I would prefer a Swift though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks