Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2006, 20:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have never seen the Fiesta yet so my comments are strictly about the Palio. It is a difficult choice because the two cars are in totally different segments. Interiors of Palio are indeed dated compared to the Ford but then the Palio was made for a cheaper segment too. I believe the difference in price is about Rs. 2.xx lakhs between the two! If the prospective buyer fell in love with the Palio, I say go for it. With the money saved, you can kit up the Palio (Side skirts, bumper skirts), ICE, leather seats etc and you would still be left with money to buy fuel for the next few years!
Old 20th August 2006, 16:51   #17
BANNED

Even after driving a Baleno yesterday, I've felt that the Palio is miles ahead than Baleno in all aspects except in the initial pickup part...

Is it true OR is it a typical Palio love syndrome........?
Old 20th August 2006, 17:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
Even after driving a Baleno yesterday, I've felt that the Palio is miles ahead than Baleno in all aspects except in the initial pickup part...

Is it true OR is it a typical Palio love syndrome........?
Hey Mithun, Even i test rode the Baleno VXi a few days back. I gunned the engine to around 5-6 k rpm in first and still wasnt impressed with the pick up but i drove with 4 ppl on-board AC on, but under similar load fiesta 1.6 was miles ahead. The Palio 1.6 i drove was mighty impressive.
Old 20th August 2006, 20:37   #19
BHPian

In hard core rallies, it has been the baleno which has proved better with better build showing off. However for Fiesta the damaged under parts, broken pipes etc are too common. Check out any Indian Auto magazine. True in normal day today life you will not rally hard, so Fiesta is probably good and though the interiors of the Fiesta are miles ahead of the Baleno, the Fiesta scores very poor in maintenance part. So if you love saving cash for fuel and other necessities, then the Baleno is a more practical choice. Fords are never built to last, besides harrowing tales of Fiesta consumer court cases like those at the link below cannot be ignored :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...e-testing.html
Palio is definately a better build, everything is perfect, but the After Sales Service for Tata is not that professional. They take too much time for attending to Customers who come for Tata Cars, so what will they do for Fiat Cars? If Palio is your choice then first hunt a very good Tata Fiat Dealer.
Old 20th August 2006, 22:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

the recent Baleno's E3 models have lost 3 horses and lots of grunt. So now its possible that palio 1.6 is faster than baleno.

but power and ride and handling is not always the only criteria of buying a car and even here Fiesta is close to the palio.

Its the budget that decides which car you should go for? Are you ready to shell out other 2lacs extra for better interiors and a boot or not.
Old 20th August 2006, 22:34   #21
BHPian

i have been to the tata-fita dealers recently and they do a pretty good job...
a million times better than sundaram bangalore
and yeah i havent driven the fiesta but i have had a palio for 3 years and no major problems..
just regular maintanance...
and the it is a very good drive.
but it all depends on how much u want to spend
Old 21st August 2006, 00:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
the recent Baleno's E3 models have lost 3 horses and lots of grunt. So now its possible that palio 1.6 is faster than baleno.

but power and ride and handling is not always the only criteria of buying a car and even here Fiesta is close to the palio.

Its the budget that decides which car you should go for? Are you ready to shell out other 2lacs extra for better interiors and a boot or not.
Palio is, in anycase faster than baleno, either euro 2 or euro 3.
Old 21st August 2006, 12:05   #23
BHPian

Definately Palio Adventure. It's a great car with a definate road presence. Fiesta unfortunately doesn't have that . A.S.S has definately improved with Tata-Fiat venture. Now that they would be getting into joint manufacturing things would definately be brighter.

Spares for Palio are mumch cheaper as compared to Ford. I have seen man
Old 21st August 2006, 12:45   #24
BHPian

i think ford is simply put down for no reason at all i think when they where dealing with ikon that must have been the case but i am a very much satisfied fiesta owner with a.s.s way better than fiats(had a uno earlier) and amount till date spent is 600 bucks on the car after three services
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:31   #25
BHPian

mithun looking at your deliman, i guess you are looking for a car of sporty nature, i am surprised that you have omitted CRV,
i have a feeling you might get your answer their, otherwise go for Palio or adventure.
regarding your query about A.s.s, being a ford owner i would say not at all pleased but off late i gather they are getting it right, and it may be true as my last mail to ford about some servie complain was looked into immidiatly.
all the best
Old 23rd August 2006, 04:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

The fiesta gets my vote hands down.
Firstly coz its new, the palio is dated. Secondly, coz its a sedan. Thirdly coz Ford is a more reliable company than fiat at the moment.
Old 23rd August 2006, 11:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Firstly coz its new, the palio is dated. Secondly, coz its a sedan. Thirdly coz Ford is a more reliable company than fiat at the moment.
Sorry, I don't agree with you. Palio 1.6 Sports is still the Hottest Hatch in the country. Drive it to beleive it!
And about Ford, ask anyone in US how Ford is doing? You'll get a negative response. And in India, Ford Service is not that good and maintenance cost of Ford cars is much higher than other Cars.
Old 23rd August 2006, 11:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
And in India, ..........maintenance cost of Ford cars is much higher than other Cars.
Finney, do you have data to back up this "proverb"? Give us some statistics...for example, how much have you paid for your services so far and how many kms has your car travelled? Yogi has shared data about his Fiesta, my costs have been about the same, my car has done 9500 kms.

Lets have some data....not "in the air" statements. I know that six months back, I'd sent data to GTO about cost of Fiesta spares. The deal was that other owners of Honda City, Baleno, Palio etc were to compile data and send to him and he was to put up a comparative chart. I don't think anyone other than Venkat RX has sent anything because I don't see the chart up yet! And yet the chant continues......more expensive, more expensive, more expensive....gimme a break guys, lets make this forum a meaningful one & share facts and figures....myths and perceptions do not necessarily mean facts
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:01   #29
BHPian

If you wanna have fun then blindly go for the Palio. Trust me. I have driven each and every car south of 10 L and no car is as much fun to drive as the Palio. Take the 1.6 Sport, put on new boots (Michelin Pilot Precedas 185/60 R14), install a killer sound system for about 25K and voila motoring nirvana for little or nothing. The money you save over the Fiesta will be more than enough to take care of any diff. in FE(if any) and alimony(if your wife plans to divorce you because you treat her second best). Spares too will be cheaper than the Fiesta. I suggest you spend more time on finding a good Fiat dealer than deciding between the Palio and Fiesta. There may be niggles(if you are unlucky) with the car but they will be minor and nothing that a good A.S.S will not be able to fix.
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Suman, I have facts & figures of my Palio 1.2, which has run 12000+ kms. I can share it with you if you are interested. But I don't have a Ford Car, to compare the same. But my friend, who has a Ikon as well as Palio, told me clearly that the mainetance costs of Ikon is certainly higher than Palio. I apologise, I don't have figures to prove the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks