Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
But my friend, who has a Ikon as well as Palio, told me clearly that the mainetance costs of Ikon is certainly higher than Palio. I apologise, I don't have figures to prove the same.
Your friend could be correct but data is always better than hearsay don't you agree? PM me your maintenance costs and lets compare - I have an Ikon 1.6 too......lets look at service & spares cost for the first 10000 kms (since yours has done only 12000)
Old 23rd August 2006, 13:09   #32

dear friend, go for the palio, it is nearly 3 lakh rupees cheaper. Great fun to drive. Fuel averge may be lower by a kilometer. But it is a trusted car. You can use the rest of the money for maintainence and fuel for the next 3 years at least.
Trust me you will have fun in the palio
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I know that six months back, I'd sent data to GTO about cost of Fiesta spares. The deal was that other owners of Honda City, Baleno, Palio etc were to compile data and send to him and he was to put up a comparative chart. I don't think anyone other than Venkat RX has sent anything because I don't see the chart up yet! And yet the chant continues......more expensive, more expensive, more expensive....gimme a break guys, lets make this forum a meaningful one & share facts and figures....myths and perceptions do not necessarily mean facts
Hey Suman, I did get a list of Baleno spares prices from my service station. But then, I read on the forum that an auto-mag (ACI ?) had already done an exhaustive survey in their Nov05 edition for all C-segment cars. That is when I saw the futility in us doing a similar thing, when we already have a ready source. Thus, did not pursue it any further.

I have not seen that survey (I do not read auto-mags), but I think we can safely assume that they can do it in a much professional manner than we do it. It would have been great if someone could post the results of that survey on the forum.
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Your friend could be correct but data is always better than hearsay don't you agree? PM me your maintenance costs and lets compare - I have an Ikon 1.6 too......lets look at service & spares cost for the first 10000 kms (since yours has done only 12000)
My Palio 1.2 has done 12000 kms and I have spent only on the oil change till date.
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Hey Suman, I did get a list of Baleno spares prices from my service station. But then, I read on the forum that an auto-mag (ACI ?) had already done an exhaustive survey in their Nov05 edition for all C-segment cars. That is when I saw the futility in us doing a similar thing, when we already have a ready source. Thus, did not pursue it any further.

I have not seen that survey (I do not read auto-mags), but I think we can safely assume that they can do it in a much professional manner than we do it. It would have been great if someone could post the results of that survey on the forum.
Well SB, you know what? I'm sure they'd have done a more professional job but I'm sure we'd have heard a spate of "thats incorrect. mine was higher (or lower)", "man they have no idea what they're talking about" etc etc. That's why member researched, member posted data may have been more acceptable....anyway, I don't think it was ACI and Nov 05 is too far back & would have had no data for cars like Fiesta & Aveo which is how the discussion evolved
Old 29th August 2006, 13:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
anyway, I don't think it was ACI and Nov 05 is too far back & would have had no data for cars like Fiesta & Aveo which is how the discussion evolved
Yes it was ACI Nov '05. And yes it did not cover those cars.
However, ACI usually carries out an annual survey around the end of the year .. so this years survey with all the cars under debate should be out in the next couple of months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks