Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 11:56   #16
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am driving my Swift close to completion of an year, Come Nov, I am completing an year. I do not find major glitches in Swift. Definetly its a lot better on Highways and also quiet good handling in City. Even I drive daily from BLR north to Whitefiled around 65kms a day. At the same time enjoy my drive. Every other car comes with glitches, There are some compromises to be done, IF we are looking for glitch-less car then definetly it will be an out of budget car specially in India for a common man.

dubeyp: jolt down your requirements in a piece of paper and mark the advantages and disadvantages and then come to conclusion with your own driving exp'. End of day you will be driving your car and you shld be 100% satisfied of your choice.

All the best.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 12th October 2006, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

I own swift and what I noticed with my swift and based on what others experinced, also according to MUL mechanics I had discussions recently more than twice.

1. Swift is sluggish unless we do some modifications
2. When driven in bad roads comapred with other cars it starts more rattling sound and suspension makes strange sound many thought vehicle has issue but swift's ralley based suspension makes that sound which irritated many people.
3. Swift makes nightmare sometimes in congested traffic, MUL guys only agreed swift is more like highway car than city car, every big car like innova, nhc, verna, swift, getz have blind spot. it depends what we think about blind spot. only M800 and omni few other cars don't have blind spot if we start thinking about blind spots LOL..
4. If swift mets with accident repair cost is huge since it used fiber metallic type body.
5. Many including myself faced jerk/vibrations (50% because of bad petrol) but when other cars run fine with bad petrol why not swift?

I am not anit swift guy its great car but its not practical choice,

For the money swift is good buy. but whatI feel is when we get some new cars like verna which have better stuffs its ideal to go for new cars.

but its personal taste which will be final decision.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th October 2006, 12:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

my vote for verna. Do check my post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ggestions.html

Swift if you dnt want boot and the quality problems as reported by some TBHPians
Old 12th October 2006, 12:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

About minor glitches I have explained above for swift few people take the problem as glitch and few just make mechanic fix it and forget it, so glitch word means different way for different people Few problems are ar specific few occurs based on driving place, situvation. I agree problem occured based on driving style or road condition can't be compared with every unit, what i have explained in short above is just few things I experienced and heard from others who own swift. Eevry vehicle has its own + and -ve points, Overall I still recommand swift.

If one thinks practicality getz is the best choice in hatchback. Car with boot Verna is right choice since its XI petrol version price is really value buy.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th October 2006, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
Car with boot Verna is right choice since its XI petrol version price is really value buy.
I second that. The Verna Xi is really VFM. The Verna CRDi should have got the same features of Verna Xi.

By the way any idea about the FE of Verna Petrol? According to Autocar Verna Diesel returns a mileage of 13 in city with A/c on.
Old 12th October 2006, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I own swift and what I noticed with my swift and based on what others experinced, also according to MUL mechanics I had discussions recently more than twice.

1. Swift is sluggish unless we do some modifications
2. When driven in bad roads comapred with other cars it starts more rattling sound and suspension makes strange sound many thought vehicle has issue but swift's ralley based suspension makes that sound which irritated many people.
3. Swift makes nightmare sometimes in congested traffic, MUL guys only agreed swift is more like highway car than city car, every big car like innova, nhc, verna, swift, getz have blind spot. it depends what we think about blind spot. only M800 and omni few other cars don't have blind spot if we start thinking about blind spots LOL..
4. If swift mets with accident repair cost is huge since it used fiber metallic type body.
5. Many including myself faced jerk/vibrations (50% because of bad petrol) but when other cars run fine with bad petrol why not swift?

I am not anit swift guy its great car but its not practical choice,

For the money swift is good buy. but whatI feel is when we get some new cars like verna which have better stuffs its ideal to go for new cars.

but its personal taste which will be final decision.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi, That's your personal experience with swift. I have never encountered any such issue as mentioned by you (rattles / vibrations). Rather it has a dead silent cabin inside. So quite that you have to see RPM meter to know if engine is on. Yes, most of swift owner would agree on low lower end torque. That can be overcome by gear changes. So all in all I am quite happy with it, no issues till now.
Old 12th October 2006, 18:30   #22
BHPian

in my opinion...u wait for another couple of months till the performance ratings for verna come up...then u can decide.
Old 12th October 2006, 18:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

@Ajay J, i think you are a lucky guy, my cousin took delivery of one last saturday and on the way back he called me up (since i was driving ahead) and asked is the rattling sounds ok? so much for good build, for a brand new 35km on odo car

ps: we both were using speaker phone :P
Old 12th October 2006, 19:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
@Ajay J, i think you are a lucky guy, my cousin took delivery of one last saturday and on the way back he called me up (since i was driving ahead) and asked is the rattling sounds ok? so much for good build, for a brand new 35km on odo car

ps: we both were using speaker phone :P
Jaggu, When did he take the delivery ? I took in may 06.
Old 12th October 2006, 19:13   #25
Team-BHP Support

october 7th 2006, and my cousin took delivery, i went to haras the dealer he he
Old 13th October 2006, 09:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Also in bangalore, hyundai A.S.S is supposed to be better than maruti, though maruti is not too bad.
I disagree with this point. Maruti's after sales service is much better than Hyundai's in Bangalore. I know this because I have an Accent CRDi and a Swift ZXi. It's just that there are a lot more of Maruti service centres and not all are good. I know a couple of them that are very good. But with the accent I have no such choice. I am just stuck with 2 dealers both of who suck big time.
Old 13th October 2006, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

ORR to Whitefiled on working days shouldnt be a piece of cake! Go with Verna Xi..

I am very happy with Advaith Hyundai - been with them for 5.5 yrs now for my 2001 Santro.
Old 13th October 2006, 15:03   #28
BHPian

I am driving Swift for past couple of months and in this short period, I have not found anything to call it as a major glitche! Agreed that blind spots and low-end torque issue exist..But its an awsome car to drive,especially in highways..As far as the size of the car is concerned, as posted by a TBHPian, it is as huge as a sedan.You need to be driving this car as you do a sedan, not a hatchback!Still, I would say, it can offer a good drive in city (read Bangalore)as well and I recommend Swift for you to drive in Bangalore. I am getting 11+ consistently in City (driving between Airport Road and M G Road..so you know it), with 50% AC on and in the highway ( been only once), 16.

However, coming to your options of a new buy, Verna seems to be a good option.But I would suggest to wait for a couple of months to get to know about the public opinion,as you know that any review written after being behind the wheels would always be authentic than a peripheral review written by joining bits and pieces of news floating around.

All the very best!

Regards
Rajesh Menon
Old 13th October 2006, 16:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Ajay I don't want to hurt you in any respects,

About swift:

I can say since your Swift don't have problems you are happy, my posts are based on my experience and from others too whom I have met and saw the problems, I have made nation wide campaign by sending sms, email, advertisement in few offices and with my friend circle to bring down Swift and MUL's image since they made me visit their dealership visit more than 5 times to fix my issues and lied few info. This is first time I faced this kinda problems when I shop for a car, so I taught a lesson to them by making 7 people changed their mind not to buy MUL products and they have baught different cars based on their requirement. I know in India few people simply buy MUL cars, I knew swift had few glitches and for the volume MUL cars are sold number of problems are more than other car manufacturer but still I say swift is good car irrespective of few glitches in it.

I know guys who have not faced any issues with their swift.

But I have found more than whats is called limit for any devices as faulty unit every 1 out of 3 Swifts have issues I guess.

MUL mechanics said they will rectify few issues sometime when car has come for service, few customers notice it few not.

I am not here to blame any specific company or individual but I have typed my comments based on what I experienced and heard real stories
on swift and car manyfacturers

About Hyundai: I suggest advaith Hyundai, its quiet good dealership, I do agree in Bangalore we have only of couple of Hyundai Dealership but they have more than 5 workshops/service centres across Bangalore and they
all quiet good.

Verna and Swift both are winners for sedan and hatchback cars right now
according to me.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS: If any one gets hurt from my comments, Mods can delete/edit my reply.
Old 13th October 2006, 18:10   #30
BHPian

@Ravi , I agree, You might have faced the issues and I fully understand your grievance.I also assure you that I did not feel bad at all. I was just sharing to my experience .
I also extend my support to you any day if MUL or other brands are not helping you with their commitments to a customer and agree that what you did to dealer/brand was right.
But what we need to understand that its not only common with MUL . Across the brands and models you will find many guyz facing such problems.Why to go far on this forum itself you will find problems with many brands.
Apart from that what also matters is how severe is the problem, If its small niggling issues or failure of the car and if brand tracked the issue atleast to a solution sooner/later through right channel or they left the customer in midway altogether.

Hope that you understand my point.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks