Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2006, 11:10   #1

Hi ALL,
Confused between Verna Diesel, SWift ZXi and NHC

Looking for driving Pleasure and Value for Money.

Can you guys help me out, Price range is till 8L

Verna's Power Anmazing ...
Swift Small but easy to handle.
NHC - Expensive

dubeyp
Old 11th October 2006, 12:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

In my honest opinion you have chosen vehicles from different categories. The Verna & HNC are both in a different class altogether. You could answer a few simple questions and then maybe the choise will be clear to you.
  1. How much do you drive daily?
  2. What are you driving habits? (eg frequent long or highway drives or city driving)
  3. Luggage capacity that you need?
Old 11th October 2006, 13:42   #3

I know they are in diffrent categories but each has unique proposition not found in a single vehicle not able to decide
I drive about 40 KM Daily 200 on Weekends. the bangalore traffic drives me to go for easy to handle and small car, I like power so Verna will make my weekend trips really woth to go for , NHC has quality but I thikn the features for that price are less..

Is there any way or formula to comeup with decision..
driving pleasure wise i will rate
NHC,Swift and Verna.

space is not a concern.
Old 11th October 2006, 14:33   #4
BHPian

If money is not a problem, i would have chosen the Crdi Verna as you drive a lot from your requirement.

My order of preference would be
1) Verna ( Relatively fresher lookin with space+ comfort + gud FE)
2) Diesel Swift ( Value for money + lower maintnance costs+ The engine many feel is nothing to write abt)
3) NHC ( nice quality car with oodles of boot space but for city use when you are not doing that many Kms not a better deal for the price)

You can consider the Fiesta also any reasons for not considering.
Old 11th October 2006, 15:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

i think he was referring to swift petrol zxi, drive all 3 in city and some highway and go for one that the heart tells u to, swift obvious advantage of size in city but loads of blind spots also
verna diesel economy and bigger misegment comfort
city sweet engine

my personal opinion size really doesn matter once yoy get used to drivin around and parking is the only time when u really wish and pray

for ur kind of runnin go for diesel verna
Old 11th October 2006, 15:18   #6
BHPian

According to your driving requirements a Diesel car can be a good option for you. The cars for you to consider then are:

Fiesta and Verna.

Advantages of Fiesta:

1. Better Handling though Verna's not bad at all.
2. Slightly better FE (may be 1km more than Verna) according to Hormazd Sorabjee (Autocar Editor)
3. The base model Fiesta EXi costs around 50,000 less tha Verna with some features stripped down.

Rest in every factor like performance, comfort, features, cheaper spare parts costs and service etc. Verna wins over the Fiesta.

If you're considering petrol car then options are many:

1. Aveo
2. Fiesta
3. Verna
4. City

If mileage is the only factor you're considering for a petrol car then may be the NHC has a slight edge. For performance and handling it will be the Fiesta 1.6. City VTEC is also a nice performing car.

Verna features some latest technologies like VTVT and a host of features more than the other cars. Mileage for petrol Verna is still unclear. But it is expected to be a good one. Performance will be definitely better than the NHC.

The only positive aspect of Aveo will be its nice looking interiors. Aveo has the best interiors according to me. Its subjective though. Nothing special to write about Aveo.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 11th October 2006 at 15:20.
Old 11th October 2006, 15:26   #7

I have test driven all these vehicles you metion,

Aveo is ggod interiror wise but not so good leg space in driver seating area, I had driven it for long, dosent give you that much comfort,

Fiesta good one but in comparision to Verna not that Good in terms of driving pleasure also good *** in comparision to ford.

swift has blind spots can you share some more thoughts on that
Old 11th October 2006, 15:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

dubeyp, i suggest you read this first & post your requirements according to this, to help all of us to understand your requirements before giving you the advice. thanks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...r-section.html
Old 11th October 2006, 19:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Go for Swift If you are satisfied with its interior space, best look among all cars in India right now is Swift, I own one for one of that reasons but it disappointed me with its minor glitches one after other... If you neglect swift's minor issues its great car overall, you need to keep one thing in mind for city driving like bangalore swift is not a car since its performance is not great in few conditions(slow moving traffic), but on highway its great car gives 11+ FE in city and 16+ on highway.

Verna has new look right now its great car too, if you give importance to space go for Verna. But I don't know about its performance in city driving conditions.

NHC is too old car since we have lot of new options so I suggest you don't go for NHC, there are many people who switched over to Swift from NHC and they are very happy with swift.

Size wise swift is 2 ft less longer but in all respects it has similar dimensions compared with sedans(max 1 or 2 inch difference)

so you can go for swift or verna

Ravi.
Old 11th October 2006, 22:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeyp
Hi ALL,
Verna's Power Anmazing ...
Swift Small but easy to handle.
NHC - Expensive
dubeyp
If you can live with Swift's size then go for it. The money that you save over Verna is more than enough to offset any diesel advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
HC is too old car since we have lot of new options so I suggest you don't go for NHC, there are many people who switched over to Swift from NHC and they are very happy with swift
NHC to Swift! Hmmm... why would anyone do that ?
Old 12th October 2006, 09:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have heard a lot of people telling that swift has blind spots and I have been driving one for 4 months now and I dont know what people are talking about. Oh and also the minor glitches. What are they? My vehicle thankfully seems to have come without any of thesee glitches.
Old 12th October 2006, 10:12   #12

Hi Ravi,
Can you please let me know Minor glitches of Swift, also if someone can throw light on Verna more,
I had driven Verna again yesterday, It seems that for slow moving traffic in Bangalore it not as good as Swift, It had a drag ...but as soon as the road gets clear no comparision.....I usually travel on ORR to Whitefeild
Old 12th October 2006, 10:39   #13
BHPian

Forget the looks. Looks are subjective. But if Getz and Swift were priced almost equal which car would've been more practical? Yes, the swift has a slight edge in performance and mileage over Getz but the interior space and comfort in Getz is way above Swift.

Swift will be a good car if you're driving alone or with a small family.The rear seat will feel cramped for adults.

If you need interior space then it's the Verna which is the best among the vehicles you've listed plus a powerful engine.
Old 12th October 2006, 10:52   #14
F50
Senior - BHPian

Dubeyp, I dont know how is he road from ORR to Whitefield. But I would like to say,

1. If Verna's size is not a problem and if you can adjust with it ....Then go for it. Nuthing better then that.
2. If you are considering Swift then why not look at Getz. Its more spacious than Swift. Its a bit low on bhp but it shouldnt cause you a problem as you will be moving slowly in/around banglore. No issues with A.S.S either. VFM.

As you have mentioned about your highway trips, Verna is the thing.
Old 12th October 2006, 11:24   #15
Team-BHP Support

ORR to whitefield, a small car or a big car will not make much of a difference.
If you can afford it go for the verna.
Really useful for your weekend highway jaunts.

Also in bangalore, hyundai A.S.S is supposed to be better than maruti, though maruti is not too bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks