Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/209952-maruti-baleno-vs-toyota-glanza-would-you-buy-8.html)

Booked Glanza because of the following. Toyota Service Center is in 30 kms, Nexa is 70kms away. Slightly cheaper compared to Baleno and also Road Side Assistance is free.
Expecting better experience with Toyota compared to Maruti (being Maruti Customer for 14 years now). It's going to be my first ownership experience with Toyota.

Any idea on whether the service and parts price is higher for Glanza than for Baleno? Wondering how the long term ownership cost would be for these two.

Are there any changes made to Glanza that affect performance or fuel economy? Or is it a straight badge replacement.

Saw some youtube videos where urban cruisers where giving lower fuel economy than brezzas of the same spec. So thought maybe toyota tunes the engines differently and focus more on reliability

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead (Post 5307933)
Are there any changes made to Glanza that affect performance or fuel economy? Or is it a straight badge replacement.

Saw some youtube videos where urban cruisers where giving lower fuel economy than brezzas of the same spec. So thought maybe Toyota tunes the engines differently and focus more on reliability

2022 has changes only on the front facia (lights, bumper, alloy design) on the exterior and color changes on the Interior. ECU tuning and everything else remain same. Toyota has better standard warranty of 3 years compared to 2 on the Suzuki though at 4k additional ex-showroom cost so that nullifies or adjusts the cost. Some reports have suggested Toyota pricing the spares slightly higher than Suzuki for the same part. Basically I would suggest to worry about nothing and pick the one whose looks and interior color you prefer. In an event of needing some service, spares; no dealer Maruti - Toyota will refuse to serve you (on goodwill basis) in an outstation event for basic needs. Within City/home limits, while Maruti rules; you have decent coverage for Toyota as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen (Post 5326332)
2022 has changes only on the front facia (lights, bumper, alloy design) on the exterior and color changes on the Interior. ECU tuning and everything else remain same. Toyota has better standard warranty of 3 years compared to 2 on the Suzuki though at 4k additional ex-showroom cost so that nullifies or adjusts the cost. Some reports have suggested Toyota pricing the spares slightly higher than Suzuki for the same part. Basically I would suggest to worry about nothing and pick the one whose looks and interior color you prefer. In an event of needing some service, spares; no dealer Maruti - Toyota will refuse to serve you (on goodwill basis) in an outstation event for basic needs. Within City/home limits, while Maruti rules; you have decent coverage for Toyota as well.

Thanks, so its ONLY cosmetic, and nothing under the hood that changed. Like engine tune-up, ecu, other parts are purely lift and shift. How do we double confirm this? toyota would have done something before putting their stamp on it. Even the engine oils used are same? or toyota uses something different?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead (Post 5327032)
Thanks, so its ONLY cosmetic, and nothing under the hood that changed. Like engine tune-up, ecu, other parts are purely lift and shift. How do we double confirm this? toyota would have done something before putting their stamp on it. Even the engine oils used are same? or toyota uses something different?

Engine oil would remain the same in terms of oe spec. Both Maruti and Toyota could have different brand tie ups though even at dealer level. It would require a lot of testing effort and cost to retune the ecu map etc. A simpler way to be more confident is look at Arai FE numbers. They are exactly same. And yes toyota stamps (read graphics , logo) would be there on the ICE and other places.

Has anyone fitted Non-OEM brakes to your Glanza? I find the brakes underwhelming.

We have a 2019 June Toyota Glanza V (AT). (Dad’s car).

Upon purchasing it, we immediately changed the OEM 195 size Apollo Alnac tyres to 205/55/16 Yokohama Earth 1. This resulted in a step change improvement in ride, handling and braking we found.

This year 2022 - a month ago exactly, I changed the tyres again to a brand new set of MRF Perfinza 205/55/16. This resulted in a further incremental step change improvement in ride, handling, reduced road noise, grippiness and braking performance.

To directly answer you, I believe the tyres make a world of difference in one’s confidence levels under braking, especially on the higher speed highway drives.

I would suggest that you consider looking at your tyres once…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselritzer (Post 5337317)
Has anyone fitted Non-OEM brakes to your Glanza? I find the brakes underwhelming.

I'm currently facing the dilemma of selecting between the base variants of the 2. While I'm yet to visit Toyota outlet, the local NEXA guy gave my the pitch for Baleno.
For the Sigma variant, besides the standard cost of Registration and Ex-Showroom price, he quoted 13.5K for extended warranty cover of 5 years/1 lakh KM and Insurance of 32K which includes 1 year full and 2 years of 3rd party.
As for booking/wait time he told me that if I opt for White colour the vehicle can be made available within next 2 days whilst in case of other colours such as Blue, there will be waiting period of 1 and half month.
Now my question(s) :
1. Is the price for warranty cover justified given the fact that the quoted warranty is standard in case of Glanza ?
2. Is the insurance quoted a good deal, or would it be better to get Insurance from Policy Bazar ?
3. Is there any wait time on Glanza currently?
4. As I intend to keep this vehicle for at least 10 years, the spares and maintenance cost would be lower in which vehicle?
5. Is there any PDI checklist for Baleno/Glanza ?

This would be my first vehicle purchase, for myself, so please guide me on Dos and Don'ts too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya (Post 5353689)
I'm currently facing the dilemma of selecting between the base variants of the 2. While I'm yet to visit Toyota outlet, the local NEXA guy gave my the pitch for Baleno.
For the Sigma variant, besides the standard cost of Registration and Ex-Showroom price, he quoted 13.5K for extended warranty cover of 5 years/1 lakh KM and Insurance of 32K which includes 1 year full and 2 years of 3rd party.
As for booking/wait time he told me that if I opt for White colour the vehicle can be made available within next 2 days whilst in case of other colours such as Blue, there will be waiting period of 1 and half month.
Now my question(s) :
1. Is the price for warranty cover justified given the fact that the quoted warranty is standard in case of Glanza ?
2. Is the insurance quoted a good deal, or would it be better to get Insurance from Policy Bazar ?
3. Is there any wait time on Glanza currently?
4. As I intend to keep this vehicle for at least 10 years, the spares and maintenance cost would be lower in which vehicle?
5. Is there any PDI checklist for Baleno/Glanza ?

This would be my first vehicle purchase, for myself, so please guide me on Dos and Don'ts too.

Went to Toyota outlet today and took quote from them. A logistics charge of 5000 was included in it, clarity about which I don't have. 36K for "Toyota's own insurance" was suggested as it included 24x7 RSA and Consumables too. Various type of extended warranty covers were also listed out, each covering the previous in a staggered manner. As for delivery, it was promised by 18th of this month, as that's when they'll be having a new lot delivered to them.
Now between the 2, it's the warranty cover that differs mainly in terms of tangibles. As for intangible, the customer experience and QoS I got at Toyota was way better than Nexa(the guys there actually try to swindle me for 1500 as registration charges for registering a vehicle in a city whose address proof I don't have). The styling factor is the most polarizing and the deciding factor between the 2. While the exterior of Glanza can be a pain for some, atleast it's what others will have to deal with when you are driving it because interiors, the colour scheme, I found it better in case of Glanza.

Booked Glanza E, will cost 7,40,000/- OTR and expected delivery date is 20th July.
Will now be posting in respective threads regarding it's "Base to Top" conversion.

Good luck! I believe this is the manual variant? What all upgrades do you have in mind?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya (Post 5355814)
Booked Glanza E, will cost 7,40,000/- OTR and expected delivery date is 20th July.
Will now be posting in respective threads regarding it's "Base to Top" conversion.

it all depends on looks according to me. if you like the front end of the Toyota Glanza go for it or if the Maruti Suzuki Baleno's front looks appeal to you, go for it.However Toyota offers a better warranty package.

The price difference between the lower trims isn't much but the difference increases with the higher trims to around Rs.30,000 ex-showroom. So, value for money vise it's the Baleno for me

I have planned its upgrades over a time span and graded them according to importance and personal preference.
Phase 1 (Essentials and Safety)
1. Reversing Camera with adaptive guidelines
2. Display for said camera and 2 speakers
3. Floor Mats
4. Boot Mat
5. Mudflaps
6. Door Edge Protectors
7. Vehicle Cover
8. Halogens to LEDs
9. Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Budget(30K)

Phase 2 (Audio)
1. HU with good DAC
2. Front Components
3. Rear Coaxials
4. Quick Disconnect Sub
5. Class D Amps (smaller size and power efficient)
6. Entire vehicle damping, including floor, doors and roof and boot lid

Budget(upto 2 lakh)

Phase 3 (Improved function and aesthetics)
1. Upgrade to 16 inchers, Wheels and Rims and Steelies to alloys
2. Fog Lamps
3. Central Console Arm rest
4. Rear AC vents
5. Steering upgrade (Mounted Controls and Cruise Control)
6. Electronic ORVMs
7. 360-Degree Camera
8. Automated HUD (if available at that time)
9. Upholstery upgrade (depends upon their condition at that time)

Budget (upto 2 lakh)

I'm coming to Glanza from a 2001 Maruti Alto VXi so even in its stock state, the base variant is going to be a huge improvement for me. So while some may feel that I should go for bigger wheels or vehicle damping sooner than yesterday, I intend to savour all what the car has to offer.
Phase 1 would be done on the day of delivery itself, locally. For Phase 2, I'm thinking of Motor Concept in Delhi. For Phase 3, which is probably 2 years down the line, I'll need recommendations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya (Post 5359554)
I have planned its upgrades over a time span and graded them according to importance and personal preference.
Phase 1 (Essentials and Safety)
1. Reversing Camera with adaptive guidelines
2. Display for said camera and 2 speakers
3. Floor Mats
4. Boot Mat
5. Mudflaps
6. Door Edge Protectors
7. Vehicle Cover
8. Halogens to LEDs
9. Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Budget(30K)

Phase 2 (Audio)
1. HU with good DAC
2. Front Components
3. Rear Coaxials
4. Quick Disconnect Sub
5. Class D Amps (smaller size and power efficient)
6. Entire vehicle damping, including floor, doors and roof and boot lid

Budget(upto 2 lakh)

Phase 3 (Improved function and aesthetics)
1. Upgrade to 16 inchers, Wheels and Rims and Steelies to alloys
2. Fog Lamps
3. Central Console Arm rest
4. Rear AC vents
5. Steering upgrade (Mounted Controls and Cruise Control)
6. Electronic ORVMs
7. 360-Degree Camera
8. Automated HUD (if available at that time)
9. Upholstery upgrade (depends upon their condition at that time)

Budget (upto 2 lakh)

I'm coming to Glanza from a 2001 Maruti Alto VXi so even in its stock state, the base variant is going to be a huge improvement for me. So while some may feel that I should go for bigger wheels or vehicle damping sooner than yesterday, I intend to savour all what the car has to offer.
Phase 1 would be done on the day of delivery itself, locally. For Phase 2, I'm thinking of Motor Concept in Delhi. For Phase 3, which is probably 2 years down the line, I'll need recommendations.

I like it how your priorities and road map is clear. Goodluck!

Personally, I prefer such modifications coming from manufacturers. Nowadays it’s better than aftermarket with better fit n finish. I can’t trust the workmanship outside and its painful to see your car’s every part dismantled.