Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:58   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
That is awesome.

Can you give a break up? The only regret I have with my purchase of the Petra is that I did not wait long enough. Otherwise it would have been the new version of the Petra or the Adventure - with preference for the latter. :(
hey typeOnegative, nothing is lost, you can still go ahead and buy that Adventure! (and sell the Petra to me )
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:43   #62
BHPian

As a Fiat Siena Weekend owner, I say go for the Adventure. Last month I did a trip to Goa from Hyderabd (750 kms) in the Weekend. I drove alone and did it in 14 hrs! The way the car handles and soaks up the bumps is just amazing.
If Fiat can launch a diesel powered Adventure, I'll trade in my Weekend for one immediately.
Old 3rd March 2007, 17:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

hey John is that picture shown the weekender or is it an adventure? From your mail i guess you are using a petrol 1.6. engine. Just out of curiosity, What is the Fuel Efficiency thatyou are getting? How long have you been with this vehicle?
Old 3rd March 2007, 20:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just out of curiosity, What is the Fuel Efficiency thatyou are getting?
Now that you have bought it, try to get this curiousity out
All those 2000-2500rpm story will work till second service....once you get a taste of higher rpms, you will force yourself to forget about the efficiency factor !!!
Old 3rd March 2007, 22:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

hah hah. KNow that kvish. but its just what we call post purchase dishonance in marketing terms. its all those small things that we get bothered about in the first few days/months. the things that we might just dont bother about later on. Right now i'm just in the stage where we are finding reasons to justify that our purchase decision was right. In this case, it would be on the higher side since its more of an emotional decision where you say NO to a tremendously fuel efficient car (atleast what they claim, ive heard somewhere on this site itself that someone is getting only around 14km/l) and decide to go with your heart. Its just to satisfy my logical brain to a certain extent atleast. Hah! hah!
Old 3rd March 2007, 22:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

in the meanwhile does anyone know if the palio's spoiler would fit onto the adventure. i think a spoiler would make the car look a little bigger!! and better.

i know this is needs to be asked in another section but since we are discussing i just thought i would ask it here. mods please allow this.
Old 3rd March 2007, 23:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
any regrets for paying premium on PALIO D ?
I never regretted for Palio D. Worth every penny. I would still say it is value for money car.
Old 4th March 2007, 10:21   #68
BHPian

Palio any model is worth every penny you spent. Either its Palio D or wekender or Palio NV.

But I could not control myself from making big sigh whenever I saw Palio GTX or Adventure or Petra. Its the THE CAR.

But neverthless, Palio 1.2 OV is great performer. I am consoling myself !!
Old 12th March 2007, 14:49   #69
BHPian

Hello!

Does any one know the OTR price for Fiat Adventure in Bangalore? Thanks

:-S
Old 15th March 2007, 14:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

The Fomula RED Adventure 100 16V

Its been a good adventure till now. However the FIAT-TATA guys have kept to their promise and are providing awsome customer care!! I am still to receive my Owners Manual, Service Book, Xtended Warranty documents, Floor Mats. All Out of Stock...yes including the owners manual!!!. The seat cover given as offer could not yet be fixed since the guys dont know how to stitch it properly. Hah! HAh!. So it was a very warm welcome to the family with FIAT keeing up to their reputation.

willing to forgive them for all this since i was expecting much more. The vehicle though is tremendous performer. Now where do you find such FANS. Will come back with more probably after the first service.

Thank you all for all your support. Enjoy your drive.
Old 15th March 2007, 14:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man..!!!!
Enjoy n drive safe...
Post some pics here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I am still to receive my Owners Manual, Service Book, Xtended Warranty documents, Floor Mats. All Out of Stock...yes including the owners manual!!

Hope they provide u with better service in future..!!!
Old 15th March 2007, 16:15   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gemithomas : Congrats on your car. On a related note, I had an extended drive in the Adventure recently....and the car rocks!! For those who need the space, there is nothing close to it.

Did I feel it rode better than the Petra?
Old 15th March 2007, 17:05   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It does feel better than a petra. I have a siena, and test drove the adventure, where the difference was felt. The adventure is superior.

Superavi
Old 15th March 2007, 17:53   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have not driven the Adventure, but from the stiff suspension that the Petra has I am guessing that the Adventure has a better ride. Plus the GC is better. However the downside for the Adventure will be its handling as it may have more body roll than the Petra.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:03   #75
BHPian

Congrats on finally getting hold of the Adventure....

Trust me, once you drive more and more, servicing woes will take a step back....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks