Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 12:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
One more thing bothering me is the mileage. But i think thats fair enough consiering the comfort and safety it gives.
It is more than fair.

BTW, where do you stay in Tvm? My parents are in Nta.
Old 25th February 2007, 13:25   #32
BHPian

Hmm... sounds like it is the car to own. Will consider it for sure when I upgrade from my cute mouse Zen.
Read - Read Reviews on Fiat Adventure - MouthShut.com
Lots of happy owners there, too.
Old 25th February 2007, 20:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me on if i can (later on) add an LPG option to the 1.6 engine?
Old 26th February 2007, 07:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help me on if i can (later on) add an LPG option to the 1.6 engine?
I think you can. There is a slight drop in power though.
Old 26th February 2007, 08:24   #35
BHPian

No No No!!! No Gas!

did i hear you say GAS!! man dude! Gemi !! its like driving a Hummer H1 on a Flat Turmac!.. let the 1.6 do what it is meant to do (guzzle fuel!!) ha ha ha.. Perform .. I mean. I seriously think the it will kill the beast, like a cobra without teeth, a tiger in circus !! here check this link out. its a road test for the new Fiat Adventure in Brazil. with a new 1.8 engine. But the tyres /suspension most of the body are the same.

wait for some first 3 minutes.. its boring.
Old 26th February 2007, 17:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

typeO, i am at ulloor
Old 26th February 2007, 20:01   #37
BHPian

Sriku,thanks for sharing that video.
You cant understand a thing these guys are talking about,but the video itself is reason enough to watch the whole thing.The adventure does what it does best,dispatch mud,slush and broken tarmac like no one's business.Yeah Fiat Adventure,you rock baby.

Last edited by roms : 26th February 2007 at 20:07.
Old 26th February 2007, 22:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

sriku thanks for that link. It looks COOL!!!
Old 26th February 2007, 23:24   #39
BHPian

LPG conversion for the 1.6 fiat petrol.

PalioUsersIndia : Messages : 36100-36129 of 36129
Click on this link and search in the archive sections and you could write a thesis on the LPG conversion for your Adventure.
I have converted to LPG on my GTX and its been running like a charm for 3 years without a hitch except on occasions when I was experimenting with the mixture settings. As fas as power is concerned I can say with conviction that up to about 4500rpm the lpg diet beats the petrol diet but once I cross 4500rpm the petrol diet leaves the gas diet in the dust. I have rarely ever needed the extra pull offered above 4500rpm during my highway jaunts. I have read often that because gas has innately less energy than petrol the lpg mode should bring the power down considerably but thats just not the case in my real world conditions. Even when in lpg mode I can overtake a hard revving Skoda Laura in real world conditions. Both of us touched 155kmph after which we ran out of road to go any faster. I believe 155kmph is more than enough for poor souls like us. Do not worry about acceleration as wheel spin can be had even in second gear in the LPG mode if you wanted it but that happened just once and I promised myself never to do that stupid thing again. After a while( 1 year) I intend to try out LPG fumigation in my Junkindica. Do a google search for LPG fumigation of Diesel engines. Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 26th February 2007 at 23:25.
Old 27th February 2007, 09:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

thanks dr. i also asked the showroom guys they say that fiat-tata have plans to come up with the lpg kits in a years time. they have also guaranteed above 10km/l for the adventure. how much are you getting for the GTX. Is it the same engine/gear configuration in the adventure??
Old 27th February 2007, 19:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
they have also guaranteed above 10km/l for the adventure. how much are you getting for the GTX. Is it the same engine/gear configuration in the adventure??
I get 10-17kpl on my GTX (2003) in and around Pune, and know of other people also getting similar figures. With sedate driving, I get 10.5 in city in my Adventure (2006) and ~16kpl on highways.
Old 27th February 2007, 21:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Determinus dont tell me you have a GTX as well as an Adventure!!!!
Those are like 'the best of the two worlds'!!!!!
Old 27th February 2007, 22:26   #43
BHPian

I get 9-10km/liter on the highway with A/C on all the time when traveling from Ernakulam to Palghat on LPG. While driving on gas I am in race mode most of the time since I need not bother much about pollution or cost. The last time I checked on petrol was 3 years ago and then it was giving me 9.8 to 10.4 km/liter in Cochin city and about 14 on the highway. Do remember that when on a Petrol diet I used to be very careful with my throttle application. A/C was on all the time though. Bye and wear your seatbelts.
Old 27th February 2007, 23:41   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
CrazyDriver. Nice to know you too are from Trivandrum. Yes you are right....THAT RED COLOURED BEAST IS THE ONE!!! Yes I too loved the engine of the VDi. I also considered the resale value and the service aspects. But still i didnt want to let this beast go out of my hands. especially since i was able to get it at the price of the VDi. I'm getting a higher category car for the same price. Moreover i seriously feel this maruti people are taking us for a ride. They just dont give you any thing for that 5.33 L OTR. This is what i felt...
After paying 5.33 L for a Hatchback Maruti tells me....
1) ...that ABS is optional but would have to be ordered and tailor made for you sir. This is surely going to take some time with the waiting period for even normal booking almost touching 1.5-2 months.
2)...that i need to adjust to what "they" feel is the best steering position for me!!! They wont provide a height adjustable steering.
3)...that i need to sit like a frog in the front seats without height adjustable seats (ok. i know all maruti's are like this. Thats their DNA structure!!. Ok i might agree to manage by pushing back the seat to the maximum)
4)...oh sir do you really need a rear parcel shelf that would cover up your back storage area!!! Oh, you better buy it as accessory since we never thought it would be important.
5)....ALLOY WHEELS!!!!! for a diesel vehicle?? Are you nuts sir!!!??? WE DONT PROVIDE YOU WITH THAT. If you are so adament buy it for a price.
6)...Side and bumper rubber beadings to avoid small scrathes!!! Now whats that sir!!!! Do you really need such things? Oh yes i think its in our accessory list.
7)...oh a digital clock inside the vehicle. Now sir dont look at such small things. We are giving you an engine, a body, two seats, one bench and 5 tyres!!! Why dont you choose a small clock from our accessory list.
.....and the list of items in their accessory list goes on .......and on ......and on.

I guess i have made it sound a bit exagerated but i really feel that they are taking us for a ride. Its called "skimming" in marketing terms. I'm sure they will come down with the price/give discounts/provide free accesories in a years time. Common man after all i'm buying a HATCHBACK!!!! that too not a big one like the fusion!!!!
Agreed... As i mentioned in my earlier post... I couldnt take my eyes of the car in the showroom... Its fantastic VFM...

However... I wouldnt have this comparo at all... Cause the Palio Adventure is a petrol guzzler... Its better pitted against the Swift ZXi... And not the 'economizer' diesel...
Old 28th February 2007, 15:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Determinus dont tell me you have a GTX as well as an Adventure!!!! Those are like 'the best of the two worlds'!!!!!
Yes, they are quite a pair. Thank you. I have been dreaming of that ever since I got the GTX.

But as soon as we bought it, my wife got behind the wheel to "check the Adventure out", I have hardly seen it since :( She just rejects any alternative I come up with for her daily commute, be it an automatic or a chauffer driven sedan. So do keep this point -- the wife/GF factor -- in mind if you considering the Adventure :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks