Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 12:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
2. Rear Right door not closing as smooth as others
This is a problem with one or both the rear doors of nearly every Palio I know of. I tried getting mine fixed a month after I got the car, but I gave up on it. (I don't much need to open the rear doors, anyway.) A firm close is all they need. And soon you will be able to make-out (from the sound of the shutting door and from the noise-level in the cabin) whether they are have been closed properly or not.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

gemi

please quote your FE figures, and OTR price. will be helpful.

srikanth
Old 4th April 2007, 12:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

I was getting consistant 8.5-9km/l in city with ac on. Highways have not been checked till now but i'm sure its above 12-13. coz i got an average of 11.5 in a mixed condition with slightly more highway drive. I personaly dont think this is that bad taking into consideration the weight of the car, the safety, the power, the low end torque etc. I feel comfortable in the car, that's the most important thing right. Thats one reason i did not choose the swift. I never felt comfortable in the car though the engine was cool and the F.E figures exceptional!!.

I got the car with an OTR price of 5.29 after discounts.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the car with an OTR price of 5.29 after discounts.
Only 5.29 OTR! Lucky you!
I paid about 5.65 OTR after discount in July 2006.
Three years back, the OTR was 7 lac plus!

Last edited by directinjection : 4th April 2007 at 12:48.
Old 10th April 2007, 18:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 2000 mark. i guess i can now vrrroooomm!!!

Just completed a 250 km drive. She's too good. Especially on the highways it just zooms to the 90-100 mark without you even noticing and the kind of control you have on such speeds is amazing. Met one of my friends on the way who spotted my car from a distance. Now that what's called exclusivity!!!! And after the 250 km drive you still feel as fresh as you started!!! I did not take her above the 110km mark. I think i must have got a mileage of above 12 km/l. So that too is cool for the kind of comfort i got.

In the mean while is there anyone on trivandrum who would like to join for the high-tea party being arranged by the dealers here for their launch of the Palio Stile. Just let me know in case anyone is interested. And how many fiat owners in trivandrum are on this group. THink i would probably start another thread to track you guys. that would be better. SO let me know if anyone is coming.
Old 10th April 2007, 18:34   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Crossed the 2000 mark. i guess i can now vrrroooomm!!!

Just completed a 250 km drive. She's too good. Especially on the highways it just zooms to the 90-100 mark without you even noticing and the kind of control you have on such speeds is amazing. Met one of my friends on the way who spotted my car from a distance. Now that what's called exclusivity!!!! And after the 250 km drive you still feel as fresh as you started!!! I did not take her above the 110km mark. I think i must have got a mileage of above 12 km/l. So that too is cool for the kind of comfort i got.....
Great Gemi. I can understand just how you feel. I have a car from the same family, and my first highway drive really blew me away. These are outstanding cars and grossly underrated. But unfortunately, my car just became an endangered species. Go on and enjoy your drive.
Old 10th April 2007, 18:50   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
But unfortunately, my car just became an endangered species.
Nah, just the rear half of your car has become an endangered species Prabuddha. .
I own the S10, which actually comes in the 'extinct' list.

Last edited by roms : 10th April 2007 at 18:53.
Old 10th April 2007, 21:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Just completed a 250 km drive. She's too good. Especially on the highways it just zooms to the 90-100 mark without you even noticing and the kind of control you have on such speeds is amazing. Met one of my friends on the way who spotted my car from a distance. Now that what's called exclusivity!!!! And after the 250 km drive you still feel as fresh as you started!!! I did not take her above the 110km mark. I think i must have got a mileage of above 12 km/l. So that too is cool for the kind of comfort i got.
The adventure is an awesome car to drive. I would caution you about the oversteer though. Even if you take moderately sharp turns at speeds above 80kmph, the bum tends to move out more than you expect and you end up over compensating.

Straight line acceleration to 140kmph happens at low rpms like 4000!. A fantastic devil, this one is. Between 65-100kmph, I would not be surprised if you turned in FE figures close to 15~16kmpl. That said, you'll be lucky to do better than 7kmpl in a crowded city.
Old 11th April 2007, 11:39   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Nah, just the rear half of your car has become an endangered species Prabuddha. .
I own the S10, which actually comes in the 'extinct' list.
That sir is not a happy thought. Suggest you remove the smiley.
Old 20th May 2007, 18:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

just completed 4000k on the adventure. had some minor missing at a particular rpm. this was discussed in the technical section of the forum. Otherwise she is performing really great. In the meanwhile I just wanted to know if someone could suggest me some options for a better bulb for the additional fog lamps. Is it possible to put xenons in this.

Mods. I thought there is no need to post a new thread thats why i am putting this here. Hope its fine.
Old 5th June 2007, 14:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

One more reason for you to go for the adventure. Last week end there was this minor incident where a Tata Indica hit my right rear view mirror on the highway. He was trying to overtake a bus and ended up in front of me. And guess what happened. I could see his rear view miror break into pieces and fall on the road through my mirror that luckily survived even without a scratch!!! So guess its worth paying some extra money on parts if they are of better quality.

Hope the indigo person is not on this forum. If at all you are .

In the meanwhile, i've compleated 5K on the ODO and things are going as silky as it could be. F.E has come upto 9-9.5 in city with full AC.

Take care and Drive safe.
Old 5th June 2007, 22:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hey you are right GemiThomas about Adventure I saw similar incident. has great build quality too.

Ravi.
Old 6th June 2007, 00:08   #103
BHPian

If resale is something you would care about, Stay away from Fiat Adventure atleast. Swift will give you all the comfort in that dept, add on A.S.S. from Maruti, superb mileage and nice strong engine, and of course a newer car
Old 6th June 2007, 09:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

eh..... ! WHAT?

oh! maybe you thought i was still in the decision process....i have already made her mine and i would not even think of parting anytime in the near future. I very well agree with you. But i was looking for a comfortable, safe, enjoyable experience. And the ADventure matched it perfectly at a more than reasonable price.

Last edited by gemithomas : 6th June 2007 at 09:40.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:32   #105
BHPian

oops, yes if u got it already, i can agree that it safer, nice ride with nice peppy engine. U know man, there are some good cars in india which never got their due. Palio, cedia are some of these.
Enjoy the ride man!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks