Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 19:58   #16
BHPian

re: Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
  1. TATA ALTROZ XE Rhytm
It was never in our thought as we were thinking of a compact sedan, but once I test drove it back to back after the Tigor, I was blown away by the space and premium feel. Also the insulation and high speed stability is better in this it seems.
Your heart already knows the answer, it's your mind who is reluctant to agree with the heart.
Go with Altroz, it is a superior car than Tigor. You will get more applaud in your friend circle for buying a premium car over a regular family car.
100Rabh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 22:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
But the Altroz eyes closed. The Altroz is a much more successful car and will retain its value well in the resale market (compared to Tigor)

Also, the boot difference between an Altroz and Tigor will be barely a suitcase.

It has way too many advantages over the Tigor, which you will sacrifice for that one suitcase space for occasional use.
Completely agree, but the only reason the confusion is there because only XE Rhytm pack is coming in our budget and it doesn't have rear power windows and wheel covers. Looks base model(which it really is anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Always buy the superior car, irrespective of features or in this case, the boot. Pack lighter, but buy the Altroz. It is a vastly superior car to the Tigor.

In fact, I will go one step further and tell you to choose the new turbo-petrol. Now, that will be at an entirely different level. One life to live, might as well turbocharge it . The price premium of the turbocharger over the NA on a 5-year loan will barely be 1000 odd bucks / month.

You guys are okay with driving 10-year old cars (as I am too). The Altroz turbo-petrol will keep you happier over 10 years than a Tiago or Altroz NA. Trust me, in the larger scheme of things, 60 grand doesn't make a difference at all.
Although I love the Altroz, but the budget we have (6 lakh ex showroom) is giving only XE Rhytm and it lacks rear power window and full wheel covers. And the 14inch wheels look punny in that beautiful car. Also the 1.2NA feels more lethargic in the Altroz, may be because of the added weight and wider tyres(test drive vehicle was XZ with 195mm width).
Although the premium of only 60K for the Turbo is bang on (it's 1lakh in Magnite), but since it's available from XT only, the price gap between XE Rhytm and XT Turbo is almost 2 lakhs. Which is 30% of our ex-showroom budget and as we are not going for loan, this amount is substantial for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Rabh View Post
Your heart already knows the answer, it's your mind who is reluctant to agree with the heart.
Go with Altroz, it is a superior car than Tigor. You will get more applaud in your friend circle for buying a premium car over a regular family car.
Applaud from friends doesn't matter that much for me, but it does feel a lot more premium to drive, except for the lazy engine (more pronounced in Altroz than Tigor). But that premium feel is gone when we have manual winders for rear windows and punny 14inch steel rims with only hub caps. If budget is not an issue then Altroz XM+ for 1.2NA and XT for 1.2 TC is best option eyes closed.

Also on road price of Tigor XM is working out cheaper by 10k after the price increase on 22nd Jan and discounts available for Tigor.

Finalized the exchange price of our Wagon R with the showroom and final quotation collected today. Colour is finalized, white. Will transfer the booking amount tomorrow, but car not finalized yet.
DevOnWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 22:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

I understand your budgetary limits and your dilemma.
Won't recommend fitting power windows from outside though.
If getting the Altroz get the XM+ over the XM, like you've rightly said.

But in your situation I can suggest these options :

1. If you can arrange the extra 1 lakh now and delay the upgrade of your i10 by an year or two to recover this cost since it has 4-5 years before the re-registration date. Get the the Altroz XM+

2. If the extra money cannot be arranged then get the Tigor now and see if you get the Altroz Turbo by delaying the upgrade of your i10. I have driven the Tiago, its an impressive car, expecting Tigor to be the same.

3. Re-register the wagonR if its possible, it will be cheaper and that gives you 5 years(extendable by another 5 I think). Then upgrade the i10 to an Altroz XM+/XT iTurbo. Probably a win-win ?

Sorry if I wasn't much help.
Good Luck
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 08:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
2. If the extra money cannot be arranged then get the Tigor now and see if you get the Altroz Turbo by delaying the upgrade of your i10. I have driven the Tiago, its an impressive car, expecting Tigor to be the same
This is exactly what we are planning. If we upgrade to Tigor now from our Wagon R, then i10's upgrade will be Altroz Turbo 2-3 years down the line if we are satisfied with the famed TATA Motors service.

Quote:
3. Re-register the wagonR if its possible, it will be cheaper and that gives you 5 years(extendable by another 5 I think). Then upgrade the i10 to an Altroz XM+/XT iTurbo. Probably a win-win ?
Re-registration is easy and pretty cheap (Only 1200 fees+150 smart card charge). Including extra expenses required in Govt offices it should be done in Rs.3000. But the issue with the WagonR is, it requires a lot of work as compared to the i10 and that famous Maruti body rattle.

To speak of TATA Motors service, dealership is not providing any extra discount from their end other than Cash Discount, Exchange bonus and Corporate discount from TATA Motors. Also no freebies on any of their vehicles.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 09:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we upgrade to Tigor now from our Wagon R, then i10's upgrade will be Altroz Turbo 2-3 years down the line if we are satisfied with the famed TATA Motors service.

To speak of TATA Motors service, dealership is not providing any extra discount from their end other than Cash Discount, Exchange bonus and Corporate discount from TATA Motors. Also no freebies on any of their vehicles.
Then it would make sense to replace the wagonR and get the Tigor.
And as a silver lining 2-3 years down the line I am expecting the Altroz Turbo to go through at least one update on the engine and gearbox.

The discounts are similar to what most of us get, except a lucky few. Just make sure that they're in line with Tata Motors offers and the usual nudges for mats and sun visors
Old 26th January 2021, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Then it would make sense to replace the wagonR and get the Tigor.
And as a silver lining 2-3 years down the line I am expecting the Altroz Turbo to go through at least one update on the engine and gearbox.

The discounts are similar to what most of us get, except a lucky few. Just make sure that they're in line with Tata Motors offers and the usual nudges for mats and sun visors
Yes, by that time another update will be given to the Altroz and hopefully all niggles sorted out.
Regarding the freebies, we asked for body side beading, mud flaps and floor mat. They are not accepting that. Also 1 white Tigor XM is available with another dealership 200kms from my place, but it's November end make and they are not offering any additional discount on that. Is their any changes in the 2020 and 2021 make? Will it make sence getting that ready stock or wait for 4-5 weeks?
Old 26th January 2021, 11:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is their any changes in the 2020 and 2021 make?

Will it make sence getting that ready stock or wait for 4-5 weeks?
I don't know if there are any changes, couldn't find anything online.
But if you aren't getting any benefits then wait and get the latest car from the closest dealer. Even if there are no changes why would you get a car which has been sitting around for 3 months especially if its 200kms away.

The no mudflaps / mats is a bit too much from the dealer. I guess he is using his only dealer in the area advantage.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 12:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, by that time another update will be given to the Altroz and hopefully all niggles sorted out.
Regarding the freebies, we asked for body side beading, mud flaps and floor mat. They are not accepting that. Also 1 white Tigor XM is available with another dealership 200kms from my place, but it's November end make and they are not offering any additional discount on that. Is their any changes in the 2020 and 2021 make? Will it make sence getting that ready stock or wait for 4-5 weeks?
Hi DevOnWheels,

Going against the popular opinion here but personally if I was in the same situation I would also pick up the Tigor XM over the Altroz XE Rhythm pack because I do not fancy buying a barebones variant after test driving the top variant,

Choosing Tigor over Altroz :
+ I am getting the same powertrain and not compromising on this front. Don't have worry about Spares as well.
+ The Tigor has been around for 4-5 years now and will definitely not have as many niggles as an Altroz could possibly have (fresh Tata product)
+ Slightly better GC in the Tigor (Every mm counts)
+ Better standard kit
+ Always have the option of saving up and buying the Altroz Turbo to replace the other car down the line.

But the compromises made after choosing Tigor over the Altroz:

- 4* vs 5* safety rating
- Marginally lesser cabin space
- Might potentially be axed as she is not a selling like the rest of her siblings.

Last edited by Shanksta : 26th January 2021 at 12:14.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 14:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if there are any changes, couldn't find anything online.
But if you aren't getting any benefits then wait and get the latest car from the closest dealer. Even if there are no changes why would you get a car which has been sitting around for 3 months especially if its 200kms away.

The no mudflaps / mats is a bit too much from the dealer. I guess he is using his only dealer in the area advantage.
Thanks. Will stick with a fresh one then. Regarding the no freebies bit, we have 2 dealers in my city. The other one have a silver XM in stock and giving floor mats also. But they are offering 25000 less for my Wagon R. Also, the Exchange manager seams too smart for his own good. He wants the car to be sold to him, not to dealership then only he will give my expected price. It seams fishy to me. Will wait till tomorrow for the confirmation of the first dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi DevOnWheels,

Going against the popular opinion here but personally if I was in the same situation I would also pick up the Tigor XM over the Altroz XE Rhythm pack because I do not fancy buying a barebones variant after test driving the top variant,

Choosing Tigor over Altroz :
+ I am getting the same powertrain and not compromising on this front. Don't have worry about Spares as well.
+ The Tigor has been around for 4-5 years now and will definitely not have as many niggles as an Altroz could possibly have (fresh Tata product)
+ Slightly better GC in the Tigor (Every mm counts)
+ Better standard kit
+ Always have the option of saving up and buying the Altroz Turbo to replace the other car down the line.

But the compromises made after choosing Tigor over the Altroz:

- 4* vs 5* safety rating
- Marginally lesser cabin space
- Might potentially be axed as she is not a selling like the rest of her siblings.
Those are the exact reason we are preferring the Tigor. The Altroz although is a superior vehicle, the XE Rhytm lacks my minimum requirements. Although both rear power window and wheel covers are available aftermarket, the fitment(especially Power windows) looks very ugly. Also the 14 inch wheels looks punny in the Altroz.

Resale value will be better for Altroz but it won't matter to us as we keep it atleast for 10 years.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 18:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they are offering 25000 less for my Wagon R. Also, the Exchange manager seams too smart for his own good. He wants the car to be sold to him, not to dealership then only he will give my expected price.
It is fishy, skip the second dealer, freebies don't cost 25k
Good call with the car and good luck, hope you get it soon, update us when you get it.
Old 26th January 2021, 22:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

After following your thread, I have been looking for both models when on the road. I can understand your looking at the Altroz. Do you think you can go for the Altroz turbo, even if it means stretching a bit ? If taking a loan, extend the loan by a year. And you say you plan to have the vehicle for 10 yrs

Last edited by condor : 26th January 2021 at 22:59.
Old 27th January 2021, 00:18   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

If money is tight just buy a Swift VXi, exchange it after a few years and upgrade to something you like at that time from Tata, Swift will hold its value in the meantime, it's spacious and very nice to drive.

I did buy a small hatch, used it for 2.5 years and exchanged it when I eventually had the funds to buy the vehicle I wanted. The Nano held its value very well in the meantime.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 07:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It is fishy, skip the second dealer, freebies don't cost 25k
Good call with the car and good luck, hope you get it soon, update us when you get it.
Expected delivery 4-5 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
After following your thread, I have been looking for both models when on the road. I can understand your looking at the Altroz. Do you think you can go for the Altroz turbo, even if it means stretching a bit ? If taking a loan, extend the loan by a year. And you say you plan to have the vehicle for 10 yrs
Won't go for Altroz Turbo now because of 2 major issues.
1. Budget
2. It's a fresh product and everybody knows TATA needs atleast 1-2 years to sort out all niggles.

It will be my first choice while upgrading the i10 2-3 years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If money is tight just buy a Swift VXi, exchange it after a few years and upgrade to something you like at that time from Tata, Swift will hold its value in the meantime, it's spacious and very nice to drive.

I did buy a small hatch, used it for 2.5 years and exchanged it when I eventually had the funds to buy the vehicle I wanted. The Nano held its value very well in the meantime.
Sorry to say, no more Maruti in the family other than Brezza and S-Cross, but no budget for any one of them. Don't want another "Tin-ka-dabba". Will rather keep my Wagon R. But since we are upgrading it, it won't be another 800kg car. Infact Swift VXi is more expensive than both of my choices. Will be only paying for a match box with an awesome engine-gearbox combo.
1st gen 1.3 Swift is all time favourite. Also the K12B is the best 1.2 in the country.
DevOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:12   #29
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Colour is finalized, white.
Off topic but is there a shade difference between the Tigor white and the Altroz white. Tigor calls it Pearlescent White while Altroz calls it Avenue White. I'm guessing you like light colors, any reason you're not looking at the Tigor silver.
Old 27th January 2021, 13:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Off topic but is there a shade difference between the Tigor white and the Altroz white. Tigor calls it Pearlescent White while Altroz calls it Avenue White. I'm guessing you like light colors, any reason you're not looking at the Tigor silver.
The base colour of both looks same, but the Avenue white seems to have a bit more gloss than the Tigor's Pearlescent White.
We love our Metallic colour cars, infact both our present cars are Dark Metallic (Metallic Wine Red & Dark Blue), but maintaining these are an headache in terms of scratches. Hence the choice for lighter shade this time. Infact all our recent purchases are white(Activa-i and Xpulse 200 BS6) because of scratch issue had in all our vehicles. Regarding the silver, we already had a silver M800 non AC which we upgraded to the i10 hence don't want to repeat the colour. We love the Deep red colour of Tigor, but again the scratch issue.
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks