Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 14:14   #61
BHPian

Re: A needle in the haystack | An automatic city car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Then spend some time inside the cabin in the display vehicle, and then realised the cabin is poorly built and very plasticky. The head unit look like a cheap tablet.
I had taken a test drive of kiger. And I totally rejected it because of the condition of the interiors in the TD vehicle. I can understand the abuse wrt gears and steering in TD vehicles. But the plastics felt so old that my hyundai of 7 years look much better then kiger
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc&drive View Post
Another added advantage is the high riding position. The only concern now is regarding its build quality and its long term reliability.
The car was overall very effortless to drive and high riding added that additional benefits as a beater car. As mentioned earlier somehow I felt my leg was touching the above the pad in the brake pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
I had taken a test drive of kiger. And I totally rejected it because of the condition of the interiors in the TD vehicle. I can understand the abuse wrt gears and steering in TD vehicles. But the plastics felt so old that my hyundai of 7 years look much better then kiger
Agree, interior quality were indeed a turn off. The door plastics, mainly the ones where the window start, felt very cheap. Thats the main reason for me rejecting the same.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:27   #63
BHPian

Hi guys. I am also in a similar dilemma. I need a car mainly for city drives. Currently i have a Maruti Celerio that i am planning to replace. My budget is around Rs 10.5 L On Road. The two cars that I am liking are Hyundai i20 Asta iVT and Honda Amaze VX CVT. I know both belong to different segments but still. Now my question is which one would be a better buy in regards to reliability. It would be a great help if anyone could share their opinion.

Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 07:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hi guys. I am also in a similar dilemma. I need a car mainly for city drives. Currently i have a Maruti Celerio that i am planning to replace. My budget is around Rs 10.5 L On Road. The two cars that I am liking are Hyundai i20 Asta iVT and Honda Amaze VX CVT. I know both belong to different segments but still. Now my question is which one would be a better buy in regards to reliability. It would be a great help if anyone could share their opinion.

Thanks
While looking for a city car I checked out Honda, and I was surprised to see Amaze is cheaper than Jazz. I found Amaze interiors to be better than Jazz, but space is lesser. Since I already have a sedan I did not look further on Amaze. As mentioned in one of the earlier posts, I have booked i20 IVT as both Jazz and this felt similar in driving, but i20 felt more premium.
So in your case I will suggest Amaze only if you need that boot space. i20 is more pricey but comes loaded too. The interiors in i20 are much better than Amaze both in features and quality.
Another major differentiator for not going for Amaze / Jazz is their skinny tyres.
Also depends on the brand pull that you have. Honda has perceived quality and Hyundai is more aggressive in India. Though I am not a fan of both the brands, I will prefer putting money on Hyundai over Honda.

Last edited by sunikkat : 10th December 2021 at 07:37.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Thanks
Take Polo Comfortline AT for a test drive, great engine & gear-box combo, comfort, safety, and built to last sans latest features well within your budget.
It will be both your City and Highway companion. I learned that Jazz CVT service interval is every six months against Polo's one year or 15K km.
TeaYesEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 13:40   #66
BHPian

Guys thanks a lot for the suggestion. Even I'm quite inclined towards Hyundai i20 only. Like its looks especially in the dark color and the features it provides. Will go for their test drives tomorrow and update.

As far as Polo is concerned we already have one in our family. So that's why I'm not considering it this time.
Old 11th December 2021, 14:18   #67
BHPian

If it's going to be only a city run about why not consider the Tigor ev.

You get a car with good safety rating with no hassle of changing gears.

Yes, the initial cost is going to be high, but if you can offset the interest against income tax if you take it on loan

Quote:
Under section 80EEB, a total tax exemption of up Rs 1,50,000 can be availed when paying off the EV loan. This tax exemption is available for both 4-wheeler and 2-wheeler EV purchases.

The Section 80EEB is subject to the following conditions:

This exemption can be availed by any person only one time. This means only an individual who has never owned an EV before can avail tax relief on loan under Section 80EEB.
This exemption is only for people buying an EV on loan. The loan financing the EV should be from either financial institutions or NBFCs.
The exemption is not for businesses. The tax relieve can only be availed by individuals.
Tax relief under the section can be availed for payoffs of all EV loan taken during the period of April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2023.
Source: https://www.dnaindia.com/automobile/...ehicle-2920034

Last edited by anilupadhya : 11th December 2021 at 14:23. Reason: Additional info
anilupadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post
If it's going to be only a city run about why not consider the Tigor ev.

You get a car with good safety rating with no hassle of changing gears.

Yes, the initial cost is going to be high, but if you can offset the interest against income tax if you take it on loan
Did consider Tigor but I really can't digest it's looks. Sorry no offense to owners but its looks still haven't grown on me. Apart from this the features that I20 offers makes it quite tempting.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks