Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 16:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thanks people, please keep them coming
Me and my Wife are going to keep the car for an year and 1/2 max, now thats also a big constraint why the brain says Santro!!!

That the main and deciding reason why I decided to go for a second hand M800 for the time being, before I save enough to go for a sedan about an year or two down the line.

No wishing to change your mind, but if you can go for it, then go for the swift. I totally fell in love with that car and was so hell bent on stretching my limits and buying that. Finally brain prevailed and I decided that buying a car and then having to live the next few years inside that car, while paying off the emi, is not an option. But, damn cool car it is, for sure.

Quote:
We initially thought about Alto but then its too small for me! I found Santro much better and comfortable than an Alto.
I absolutely dont fit in an Alto or a Wagon R and take a good 10 seconds to get in and out of them. A santro is more comfortable but my legs and knees ache after driving it for about an hour or so and I cant walk once I get down. That way the 800 is so so so comfortable because of the low seating position and the pushed back pedals. If its comfort for 2 that you are seeking with the occasional 2 more, then the 800 is really perfect.

Last edited by herculesksp : 5th June 2007 at 16:59. Reason: multiquoting another message
Old 5th June 2007, 16:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Since you arent looking at keeping it long term, the Swift now takes a back seat. Santro seems the better choice now. Makes sense to save up on the extra money spent since you are looking at a bigger car then.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

1.5 years is it? Go for a second hand Santro/WagonR. If you are looking at a completely new car, why not TD the Xeta as well?
Old 5th June 2007, 17:01   #19
BHPian

Buy Swift if you are planning to keep it for some 3-4 years.

Buy Santro / any other car which gives you comfort and good resale value, if you are planning to upgrade after 1 and half years.

I would suggest to go for even a used car (Santro / Old Zen / Esteem) now so that a sale after 18 months doesnt pinch you much..

It is your call pal..
Old 5th June 2007, 17:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
why not TD the Xeta as well?
Spot on. That's another good option..a big roomy hatch. Will turn out cheaper than Santro too. But prefer 1.4 GLX.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

having said all that why is a swift out of your budget? i think Lxi is pretty much within your budget right? the ExS price is below 4 lacs... throw in some discounts (corporate, finance, dealer) and you are pretty much in business. I am hoping if required you will be able to jack up that budget by another 10-20k.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:32   #22
BHPian

The Maruti folks give hefty discounts on the swift. When i checked out in mid May, they were giving about 50k off totally. The Vxi model was available at 4.3-4.4. For 8k EMI you would get a loan amount of 3.4 - 3.5 lacs. And you are ready to put in 1 lac as DP. I think you can still go in for the Swift.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks tsk1979 and others.
We are looking at moving out of india 1 1/2yrs from now, hence the smaller car option. And when we return We would like a Civic to be our racehorse(s)
in that case, are you also considering the resale value you want to get after 1.5 yrs for this car u r buying now?
If so, here's my 2 cents:
Santro i hear has good resale but i also hear its being phased out
Swift should have good resale - no data here but going by maruti trend and popularity for the swift, this could be true. But i also hear that Swift will get upgraded (correct me if i am wrong guys ) with a newer engine - but that may or may not be in the next 1.5 years.

hope this helps and not get the heart-brain cordination more difficult
Old 5th June 2007, 17:43   #24
BHPian

typeOnegative and Ajay,
I considered 1.4Xeta but backed out post hearing options about Tata service.

Zappo,
For me a simple comparison between LXi and VXi featurse, meant VXi is the better of the two for simple reasons like power windows, central locking and fog lamps.

menonrajesh,
For reasons learnt here, am kinda against going for 2nd hand as my first car and especially since I am looking at a small car.

As people put here,
Swift is good if i intend to keep for more than 3 years, but we arent gonna.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:49   #25
BHPian

Buy a swift 2 years is not small time to live with the car santro is going for makeover any time and then you will probably loose more money in it at the end a still drive a older car
Old 5th June 2007, 17:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
The Vxi model was available at 4.3-4.4.
Which dealer in bangy, my man? Are there any special ways to bargain? I could bring it down only until 4.68 that too after heavy haggling

Please give me tips on how to bring the price down!
Old 5th June 2007, 17:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
I didn't want a commuting vehicles, there'r enough cabs on the road for that... I wanted a car for doing what I love - driving! If u also fall into the same category, close ur eyes and go for the Swift...
16 cents true.. go for the swift
Old 5th June 2007, 18:22   #28
BHPian

Why only these two? Take a TD of the Spark as well. Will fit right into your budget. Who knows your heart may sing for the spark too.
Old 5th June 2007, 22:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Please don't buy new car If you are fine with used car, In Bangalore you can find very good used car If you do search carefully. For 1 and half years usage used car (Santro/WagonR) makes more sense. If you want to buy Swift itself buy used Swift there are many used Swifts available for sale.

However if you want to buy brand new car then think about Spark, Santro nothing else for 1 and half year usage, You don't loose much with resale value. Swift/Getz/Palio might loose out when you compare resale value with Santro/Spark according to me.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th June 2007, 22:17   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Heart says Swift (even though the td vehicle had been badly abused, i still loved the drive), Brain says Xing XL.
Would the heart and brain be in collusion if you could wait for a few months to save up that extra cost?

Last edited by theMAG : 5th June 2007 at 22:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks