Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 09:27   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Personal experience of Getz has been very good. No trouble at all, except tyre wear which could have been due to poor wheel alignment. AC is good, good for city driving and very minimal rattle noises. I have done about 35K in 4 years. The FE is 10 in city and about 14 highway. My vote goes for Getz.
dear MSD
Hyundai i20 and Getz were also on my preferred list, it was the attitude of the showroom that put me off, no cars for TD and indifference to people walking in just like a maruti showroom. As i said, Swift is a beautiful car with powerful peppy engine but the waiting time was 5 weeks and i wanted to take delivery of my car on my daughter's birthday. My decision all in all has not been totally wrong, as you can read the faultless report of this car in a rough terrain; but then i have also driven this stretch in my good old maruti and as you may know even Nano can do it, but the point is, your car choice is subjective and personal just like any other gadget; mind you there is no perfect gadget or a car that will satisfy all your concerns!
only if i could afford a garage of dozen cars then may be even others on the list would be there too! no harm in dreaming!!
Old 14th July 2010, 00:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep-ivon View Post
dear MSD
Hyundai i20 and Getz were also on my preferred list, it was the attitude of the showroom that put me off, no cars for TD and indifference to people walking in just like a maruti showroom. As i said, Swift is a beautiful car with powerful peppy engine but the waiting time was 5 weeks and i wanted to take delivery of my car on my daughter's birthday. My decision all in all has not been totally wrong, as you can read the faultless report of this car in a rough terrain; but then i have also driven this stretch in my good old maruti and as you may know even Nano can do it, but the point is, your car choice is subjective and personal just like any other gadget; mind you there is no perfect gadget or a car that will satisfy all your concerns!
only if i could afford a garage of dozen cars then may be even others on the list would be there too! no harm in dreaming!!

I am amazed to hear that the Delhi guys of Hyundai are so indifferent. In Bangalore, both the Advaith and the Trident Hyundai guys are so very passsionate to sell their cars and they are professional and courteous and the Sundaram guys (Chevrolet) or so very kinda dumb. I am talking about early 2008 when I bought my Getz Prime not sure about them now.

Swift and UVA were the other cars in my list. Didnt buy swift as it was so very common and had bad rear seats (somehow I didnt like the looks) and didnt buy UVA as they are hardly seen on Bangalore road. But UVA looks very good and the TD of UVA was ok too and it is as spacious as Getz Prime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks