Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 17:29   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Hi,

This will be her first car.

so does she know and speak the mechanic language.

does she have a brother/ father/ boy friend who will handle the maintainance part.

is she ok that the funky car may end up spending more time in the garage than on the roads.
Old 16th November 2007, 17:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
@AirWind: Dude I dont think she wants a zen or a matiz. They are pretty dated as well. I have a lancer sfxi and will probably look for another sfxi at a good price and condition. Will also be on the look out for a s10. Maybe also keep my eyes open for a good deal on a baleno/ohc.

Cheers
Why not hand over your SFXi to your GF and get yourself a different one?
Old 19th November 2007, 11:50   #33
BHPian

@AirWind: Am looking for an upgrade in the next four months and I don't think she would wait that long. Looks like the Spark is a good option. What is the on-road price like and would it be a good option in terms of resale. Just worried that the Spark is just a rebadged Matiz.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@AirWind: Am looking for an upgrade in the next four months and I don't think she would wait that long. Looks like the Spark is a good option. What is the on-road price like and would it be a good option in terms of resale. Just worried that the Spark is just a rebadged Matiz.

i think there are some spart dedicated threads on the new ownership reports section...
as for price..i think it starts at around 2.3 after the recent price cuts..
Old 19th November 2007, 12:55   #35
BHPian

@redsfx: Hey buddy let me know if you are selling of that lancer of yours! I am also planning for something similar by March this year.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:43   #36
BHPian

@aravindwarrier: Sure buddy! Just waiting for a salary bump and then i will bump my sfxi. I would only be too happy to give my beauty to somebody who loves and cares for his ride.

1 more question: How much would a second hand Skoda RS cost? Say a 2 or 3 year old car in good condition. Will the maintainence be a pain?
Old 19th November 2007, 22:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
@aravindwarrier: Sure buddy! Just waiting for a salary bump and then i will bump my sfxi. I would only be too happy to give my beauty to somebody who loves and cares for his ride.

1 more question: How much would a second hand Skoda RS cost? Say a 2 or 3 year old car in good condition. Will the maintainence be a pain?
Cant talk personally abt the maintainence issue but as you must already know the general info is that it is very expensive...
However have seen 2 RS on the market(through dealers) in delhi and Pune both between 2-3 yrs old. The first was a little bit used 45k kms and price was abt 9.5lakhs. The second was very well maintained only 20k kms. The price was 11lakhs. However please note that I did not try to negotiate.

Now coming back to the original issue of the first car for around 2 lakhs.
I would second a OHC. According to me the the low car is a non issue and she would love to drive it and will also be comfortable in it...
Old 20th November 2007, 18:47   #38
BHPian

@redsfx: geee Thanks buddy.Sorry if I am Kinda hijacking your thread, but i cant suppress my excitement.Getting a Ferrari Red SFX is not very easy from what i know(..smacking lips..) Waiting for your pay hike . SO keep in mind buddy, i had asked you first!

BTW, Why dont you think of something like ZEN steel or Carbon or even the(yuck) Classic? Will easily fall into her budjet, but they sure qualify for their out-of -the-box factor which you are looking for. The fact that they are so rare that you can hardly find any offers litle consolation though!
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:16   #39
BHPian

@aravindwarrier: Dude, it's not only a ferrari red sfxi but has some awesome wheels to go with it. Its a beauty. Given the choice I would'nt sell it but its just that another beauty (corrida red laura) has been beckoning. Will sure let you know once I decide to sell it in March-April.

A zen carbon would be great but its very very difficult to find one(being a limited edition) especially in Chennai.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2007, 22:47   #40
BHPian

Palio D

Friends, I would like to know your comments about practicality of a Palio D. Recently I have come to know about sale of a second hand Palio D 1.9 top model with ac, ps,pw, music system, 30k run 8/2003 model.Owner leaving for Dubai soon.He is asking 2.25L. What may be maintainance issues, availability of parts of the car and also what are points to be checked before buying a 4.5 years old car. Iam talking about the car itself, paperwork I will handle. Thanks,
Purnendu Bagchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@redsfx - the S10 is a limited edition that only sold 500 nos so finding one would be difficult. Also some spares for the S10 like the muffler, spoiler would be difficult to procure.
I would advise a regular Palio 1.6 GTX or even a 2000s Baleno/Lancer in that budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks