Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Swift is a good car. Swift P ZXi is a good car once you floor the pedal. Swift VDi is awesome. Its moer drivable in the city than the ZXi.

Dnt tell your mom that she is gonna test drive the VDi. Try it
Old 20th November 2007, 15:25   #17
BHPian

Swift ZXi is a nice buy, you wouldnt regret your decision, considering your running 16k KM/Yr diesel may just break even - convince her to try a VDi and I am sure she would oblige.
Old 20th November 2007, 15:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

JK's suggestion is good, TD the DDis but only let the secret out at the time of booking lol. Your choices from Suzuki :

Swift ZXI + CAI + FFE + 195/60/R15
Swift VDi ABS + 195/60/R15
Old 20th November 2007, 16:29   #19

Hey guys thanks for all the replies!!!

I am going to go down to the dealership tomorrow and TD Swift P and D. This would give a better idea of the driveability factor. I could probably convince my mom as well however she keeps reminding me of the fact that the car would show its diesel "traits" after a year or so. I hope this will not be the case.

Tyres and alloys would be changed sometime in the future so that makes me think whether I should really go for the ZXI model.

@jkdas - dude that is an awesome idea. I am going to give it a try!

@s0uljah - CAI + FFE - I am assuming this means cold air intake and free flow exhaust. I think these mods would seriously reduce the low end grunt of the Swift petrol. The mid and high range grunt would recieve the most benefit. I know this as I had tried this combo (+headers) in my Honda Prelude back in Canada. Another problem with is combo is that when I do sell the car I would need to reinstall the stock intake and exhaust. I agree on the tyre upsize!!!
Old 20th November 2007, 17:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

mlal000 - CAI and FFE wont make your low end sluggish, infact it will become better, make sure you go for 4-2-1 headers.
Old 20th November 2007, 17:21   #21
Team-BHP Support

Why not have a TD in an old VDi.

your mom feeling about diesel traits may just go away, once she drives an older Vdi and finds that its still as good as new.

someone in Delhi with a Swift Vdi please volunteer your car and time.
Old 20th November 2007, 18:57   #22
BHPian

Hi HumYum, & Busa, it wasn't my intention to put down the Swift Diesel. Everybody knows the huge strides diesel technology has taken the past decade, not to mention the havoc the R10s & 908s have been causing on the track.

Mlal000, the Swift petrol puts out 87 BHP at 6000 RPM, & 113 Nm at 4500 RPM. For the diesel, it's 75 BHP at 4000 RPM, & 190 Nm at 2000 RPM. The diesel Swift's putting out 60% more torque, & that too at 2000 RPM, no wonder it's immensely drivable. But ask yourself if all this drivability is worth the 2000 RPM loss at the top end - to me a screaming engine's music
Old 20th November 2007, 19:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
to me a screaming engine's music
& how often does one red line & the FE & the cost of fuel & blah blah blah.

Hehe, as a daily driver nothing beats the Swift Diesel.
Old 20th November 2007, 19:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi HumYum, & Busa, it wasn't my intention to put down the Swift Diesel. Everybody knows the huge strides diesel technology has taken the past decade, not to mention the havoc the R10s & 908s have been causing on the track.

Mlal000, the Swift petrol puts out 87 BHP at 6000 RPM, & 113 Nm at 4500 RPM. For the diesel, it's 75 BHP at 4000 RPM, & 190 Nm at 2000 RPM. The diesel Swift's putting out 60% more torque, & that too at 2000 RPM, no wonder it's immensely drivable. But ask yourself if all this drivability is worth the 2000 RPM loss at the top end - to me a screaming engine's music
Dude with such awesome low end torque u wont need to scream all the way till the red line which automatically translates into more engine life+better drivablity+more fuel economy
When u can use the right foot only to go from 100 to 140 at a faster pace why use the left leg and the left hand and downshift to achieve the same result?
Old 20th November 2007, 19:44   #25

Ok the sales exec called me today and was really pushing for a silky silver ZXI which he had in stock. He was really surprised when I told him to go ahead with the VDI + abs option. He tried to persuade me to go for petrol, but since I wasn't budging he started giving me the 1.5 - 2 month waiting line hehe. Once he knew I would not stray from my decision, he suggested I go for the VDI sans the abs. He said waiting for VDI is 1-1.5 month but if he gets one sooner he will let me know. He also mentioned that hardly anyone goes for VDI + abs and that you only need it while driving on mountains or high speed etc.

My question is: will I really miss the abs? Is it so critical in bumper to bumper traffic. Please let me know!
Old 20th November 2007, 22:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He also mentioned that hardly anyone goes for VDI + abs and that you only need it while driving on mountains or high speed etc.
Thats one reason why you should go for it. BTW he is talking BS and crap. ABS is required not only on mountains and high speeds but on highways and city driving as well.

Obviously dealer wont be making any money by selling ABS model, so he is trying to push Non - ABS. I waited 3 months or so for ABS, worth the wait. Even my dealer said the same.

Congratualtions for the decision, well taken, now add some nice rims, petes box, ICE and you will be going good

Quote:
only need it while driving on mountains
BTW MSIL offers 4 wheel drive in the Swift?

Last edited by BUSA : 20th November 2007 at 22:23.
Old 21st November 2007, 11:03   #27
tez
BHPian

ABS should also translate into less braking distance under hard braking. You never know when you would need that. This is atleast what i found in pune, city full of crazy cab drivers flying around in their indicabs.
Old 21st November 2007, 13:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Swift Zxi dies not have Brake Assist.
Checked the Maruti website

Maruti Swift - Variants Petrol

Brake Assist is mentioned for all 3 models LXI, VXI and ZXI
Old 21st November 2007, 13:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

mlal000: Good decision. BTW, how did you convience your mom? Took her for a TD in the Diesel Swift ?
Old 21st November 2007, 17:27   #30
BHPian

Obviously Swift Diesel !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks