Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2008, 18:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Estilo's AT variant is out?
No, not yet.

Guys just because the i10 is priced like the Santro's price some years back doesnot make the i10 a updates Santro.

Congrats Determinus on finalising the spark, however no discounts?? How come, in the year end all vehicles were hacing discount.
Old 1st January 2008, 19:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Self driven, will be used purely for city commuting, but safety and comfort are the highest priority, means -- good ride comfort and options of ABS/ EBD/ airbags is a must.And one single feature should be "trouble free"

Additional requirements: should be easy for elder people to get in and out and once in a while it might be taken to a highway. Fuel efficiency or resale is not a concern. Should be small, easy to park (visibility).

Any other suggestions to "Small reliable car, ALL safety options, comfortable ride, round about 6L"? Thanks in advance.
Use purely for city commuting - ABS/EBD/Airbags is a must---Why???

"Trouble Free" - How does Spark fit the bill???

Easy for elderly people....Obviously means more leg room, again, how does Spark fit the bill??

I feel sorry that she decided on the Spark, which hardly meets any of the requirements, but at the end of the day, it is her decision, I guess.

Good luck to her with the new car.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 1st January 2008, 19:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Spark is a trouble free car, its basically a new look Matiz & the Matiz was quite trouble free.
Old 1st January 2008, 19:36   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Use purely for city commuting - ABS/EBD/Airbags is a must---Why???
Accidents dont happen in the City?
Quote:
Any incident till now that proves otherwise?

I feel most owners here are satisfied with the car. Sales, however has been a different story.
Quote:
Easy for elderly people....Obviously means more leg room, again, how does Spark fit the bill??
Ease for elderly people also mean ease of entry/ exit. This was one of the main plus points of Santro/WagonR over the old zen and likes (which made the odd-looking tall boys score over the good old hatches). Here Spark scores good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Congrats Determinus on finalising the spark, however no discounts?? How come, in the year end all vehicles were hacing discount.

GM is having a tough time selling Spark. There were huge discounts, and there will be better discounts sooner rather than later.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st January 2008 at 19:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2008, 19:40   #35
rks
BANNED

Quote:
I feel sorry that she decided on the Spark, which hardly meets any of the requirements, but at the end of the day, it is her decision, I guess.
In my view the i10 is a better choice, but as you say, it's the lady's decision. The Spark is probably the easiset to drive and park as compared to i10 and Swift Zxi. That might have influenced her. I personally think that maneuverability of the car is its most important safety feature on our roads and in that respect she made a good choice.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Accidents dont happen in the City?
They most certainly do. Lets see how airbags work:

Since the early days of auto airbags, experts have cautioned that airbags are to be used in tandem with seat belts. Seat belts were still completely necessary because airbags worked only in front-end collisions occurring at more than 10 mph (16 kph). Only seat belts could help in side swipes and crashes (although side-mounted airbags are becoming more common now), rear-end collisions and secondary impacts. Even as the technology advances, airbags still are only effective when used with a lap/shoulder seat belt.
It didn't take long to learn that the force of an airbag can hurt those who are too close to it. Researchers have determined that the risk zone for driver airbags is the first 2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm) of inflation. So, placing yourself 10 inches (25 cm) from your driver airbag gives you a clear margin of safety.

I am sure that few city accidents are front collision. I am also sure the spark does not have side airbags. Also, how many people actually wear seat belts or insist on their passengers wearing seat belts? The Air bag is essentially useless without the seat belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ease for elderly people also mean ease of entry/ exit. This was one of the main plus points of Santro/WagonR over the old zen and likes (which made the odd-looking tall boys score over the good old hatches). Here Spark scores good.
Entry/Exit is sure important. I feel so is seating comfort, especially in bumper to bumper city traffic. Afterall you are going to spend more time sitting inside the car than getting in and out of the car.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 16th January 2008, 10:04   #37
BHPian

I am looking for a car for 5 Lakhs for city drive (bangalore). Avg monthly usage is not more than 600 KMs. The cars in my mind are

1. Swift Vxi
2 i10 Magna

Can you please suggest which car I should go far.
Old 16th January 2008, 21:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
I am looking for a car for 5 Lakhs for city drive (bangalore). Avg monthly usage is not more than 600 KMs. The cars in my mind are

1. Swift Vxi
2 i10 Magna

Please be more specific about your requirements (power, handling, mileage, etc) and search the other threads. Lots have been discussed about small cars.
Old 16th January 2008, 21:48   #39
Nos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post

1. Swift Vxi
2 i10 Magna

I think from above two cars u should go for the Swift Vxi...

Old 16th January 2008, 22:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Swift VXi, if you want a bigger car, more power, great handling, enthusiastic drive, you are happy with 9-11kmph in the city, sporty good quality black interiors.

i10 if you can compromise on power(I'm not saying underpowered, its only an unenthusiastic drive), good mileage of about 12-14kmph, biege good quality interiors.

If I were you, I would buy the Swift, simply because its for the young at heart. i10 is more of a family car, IMO.
Old 17th January 2008, 00:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, how many people actually wear seat belts or insist on their passengers wearing seat belts? The Air bag is essentially useless without the seat belt.
remember, the shopper started with safety features on top of her mind. that's an incorrect assumption/example/excuse you are making. in fact, your initial questioning on the safety features itself was not good.
Old 17th January 2008, 14:48   #42
BHPian

Thanks for your responses. To add more details about requirements this is going to be my first car. I am family of 2 (wife and Kid) and the specific requirements are good mileage and maintenance. I know Maruti is best at service but I assume Hyundai too.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:30   #43
BHPian

Re: Small car, all safety features, below 6L

Bumping this thread, I am looking for a similar answer in 2014. Car for my parents. Ideally a CNG/LPG version with all safety bells. Automatic would be super.

Last edited by shibu : 6th November 2014 at 13:33. Reason: more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks