Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

you can stick on to the matiz as long as the A.S.S is available as jk said.good car and returns nice mileage too.but the price mentioned is a bit high,bargain hard and take her for any price between 1 and 1.25 lakh.
ram
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dude, the matiz is a great car, and spares are available easily. I've been using it for the past 7 years with no major problem. many people claim to get 16-18, but i think 14 should be more like it in the city. The price quoted is on the higher side. For that price, try to get the SA model which has factory power windows/ps/cl/defogger/rear wiper, moulded door pads, and a lot more!!
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hey gods-envy,

Looks like I have baught same Red Matiz (for my wife) which you saw last week end.

Saw the car morning 11:30AM monday Feb 18th and after test drive with my friend who is into used car dealer business and baught it home by paying 15,000 cash and balance check amount in the afternoon and completed payment next day and took back the check and cut it.

We noticed on the first day we saw the car and during TD:

1. Front bonnet painted, owner said kids scratched it too much and small Dent also so he repainted it.

2. Fuel Tank has Dent and welded weak silencer which makes small hissing noise (might turn into major issue only after 1 year usage from now) it was broken sometime back, fuel return pipe has some problem (we tanked up the fuel and 2 ltrs Petrol leaked so we made sure pipe has problem). Spare tyre is not used but too old and has cut on it.

Rest all awasome! Lining is perfect. No Major accidents, car with good pickup and good brakes/cluth/engine.

I have decided to buy it because after 1 year usage even if resale value is ZERO I don't mind because I am spending 1.3 lacs for this Matiz with PS, PW(rs 2000-/), AC/heator/Pioneer Cassette player with FM(rs 2000-/), 2 speakers(rs 2000-/), 2 tweetors, brand new 4 tyres (rs 5000-/), battery in good condition and color of our choice (Reddish color) without any major scratches/dents and first owner(used by 2 brothers) with 46,000km ODO hoping my wife will learn excellant driving skills.

Matiz will be driven just inside Bangalore city.

My aim is to buy big Automatic Luxury Sedan for myself and my wife in couple of years. So Matiz fits perfect right now because we will keep this car for our guests once we move to big car. I feel next 5 years we won't have any problem in Bangalore as far spares/sevice goes.

After bargaining I realized owner is not going to come down beyond 1.3 lacs because thats the way he is I can see by studying his background, so decided to settle down.

My wife checked the car and she is happy because it has all loaded features she need.

I checked with my few Mechanic heads I know and they assured me within 2 weeks they can source almost all parts for Matiz(JC road or ZEN etc.. car matching parts). Few parts might turn out costly/cheap based on original/local.

Used M800, Alto were out of the list because its very difficult to get in and out and drive is not good even after paying 1.5 lac.

So I had short listed ZEN, Santro, Matiz but realized first two would cost 2 lacs where Matiz would come at 1+ lac.

I liked Matiz because it had good pick up without AC, good driving position, good space being small car.

Already ordered Italian leather new seat covers (for 4,000/- Red/Yellowish cream combination), Crystal Ganesha Idol(100/-), oil , coolant change, washing etc.. service (1,400/-) done, tomorrow getting my friend polish (550/-) the car so it will shine. Thats it, it will make 1.4 lacs on road for me with accessories and service.

Regards,

Ravi.
hey Ravi,
Congrats on ur purchase,
I think we both were in more or less the same boat; looking for an immediate and temporary car which is good small, comfortable, better mileage car, and did not want the Zen or Santro (as they were expensive)

I think u bought it from Jayanagar Auto's right?

Well, this car did look to be well maintained, as compared to the other Matiz's that i TD-ed last week.

Anyways Congrats again

Mods:- Not sure why my post has not appeared here. Its been more than 1h since I posted this. Sorry for the inconvenience for having posting it again.
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:05   #34
BHPian

I own a Matiz top end. Eight years over 160000 on the odo and it is still going strong. Ya you can have mine for 40000 bucks but I wont be selling it. Well it is the same story with most Matiz owners, they love this car and wont be selling it.

To be frank 1-1.5l for an old Matiz it too much. But the car is really good, bargain as hard as you can and bring the price down to 60-70k.
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:26   #35
BANNED

This is one more car admiration society.

Yes the Matiz is a car with its own characteristics.

The one we own is completed 23000 kms and is a 2001 model.

The car is been still kept stock,

Stock means just like the Showroom car.

This is one decent simple car with great long driving capabilities and one of the best air-conditioners that a small car can get.

The A/C can beat one of the best mid size car in terms of cooling.

Sell this is a NO NO
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi gods-envy,

I baught Matiz from Girinagar, may be he had kept it in car dealer when you TD it.

My friend said he got news from his friends about this car. When I visited with him car was in girinagar in owner's residence garrage.

In couple of days I am checking with RTO about this car's history etc. transferring formalities.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:47   #37
BHPian

ok @ravibhat.
happy riding...

i think, i need to work on my search again
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:29   #38
BHPian

The Matiz is a great car. I am using one for 8 years now. Don't go for 800/Alto under any circumstance.

I am really shocked to hear someone bought a Matiz here for 1.3L. Two years back, when I had put it on the block, the valuation I got fm a second hand dealer was 55k (ok, my car doesn't have PS/PW/Stereo), and the best I cd expect was 75k. I thought it was not worth selling at that price, so refurbished it with tubeless tyres/alloys. Even now if I sell it here, the max I can expect is 70k (year 2000, 54K on the odo).

How come 1.3L for a Matiz? Is it because of Bangalore? Or is it a one-off deal? Or as someone said, the s/h rates have gone up after the Spark was launched?
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:50   #39
BHPian

@Minardi
Well the pricing at 1.3L is actually a summation of everything that u mentioned.
- first its an 2001 SG model
- single owner (which is pretty rare for a 2001 model)
- run just 44k (which is pretty rare for a 2001 model)
- very well maintained.
- plus its a bangalore car.

So that price..
Infact my friend bought an SD 2001 model, 55k run, single owner for about 85k yesterday.
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

I know and do agree Matiz has very bad resale value because its company is closed but I truley beleive in giving value and respect even if I see people cheat me for some extent in the business. If there is intentional cheating I won't do such deals.

The reason I baught this Matiz is I found this meets all my requirement except for couple of things. Other Matiz I saw had more problems and didn't have good accessories. I would like to keep this car for 3 years so I feel this car will serve my purpose and 1.3 lacs worth it.

I know I paid 20,000/- extra but since it met as of now for my required hence extra money because owner is not ready to come down beyond 1.3 lacs. Because of Spark launch Matiz has gained 10,000/- extra resale value.

I do agree its hard to set right value for any used car but + or - valuation is common.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:11   #41
BHPian

@godsenvy,
One of my freinds bought a 2002 Santro Zipdrive(or zipplus , i don't remember) a couple of days back for Rs.1.75L. The trim code is erased from dicky but it has got 2 front P/W,rear wiper,P/S. Car is second owned(this guy is third owner). Except a small dent on rear door , there are no other scratches or any stuff. Tires are brand new and odo reads 50xxx Kms. Came with sony xplod ice(don't know why many people in hyd go for xplod stuff).
After buying , the guy spent another 10K for seat covers , A/C servicing, general servicing and some other stuff.
So, at 1.85L on road, its a real good buy.
May be you can get a 2001 santro for 1.5L price bracket. (I had seen a 2000 santro going for 1.2L). So, i think you can even consider a santro ,if you are not too averse to its looks.
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:22   #42
BHPian

Give me Matiz any day! I can personally vouch for it. I have owned one since 2005 and never ever regretted my decision.

Matiz can still outbeat other tin boxes black and blue. It has a great FE, thanks to 796cc MPFI mill. This doesn't mean its under powered. Infact its a 52 BHP comparable to 1.1L Santro. Its quite spacious from inside with ample headroom and leg room. The sheet metal quality and the cage design make it the safest among the small cars. The overall build quality, materials and finsih are top notch. Dashboard design and instrumentation are very elegant. Most importantly ride quality is excellent. Long drives never seem tiring in my Matiz.

I own a 2001, SG model. It has Power steering and AC. Some posters seem to think that PS is not necessary for small cars. But I do feel that its necessary especially for a city like BLR.

I don't think one would get a used car (from other makers) with the same features and specs for that kind of a price. Spares have never been a problem to me. Most of M800 things fit into Matiz. You need a reliable mechanic though.

I feel going for a Matiz in 2008 would still be sane and wise decision. I know people who have bought M800s (of mid 90's) for the same price. Matiz is a sheer luxury compared to those 'Kataras'. My two cents...
Old 24th February 2008, 00:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

@gods-envy, I suggest a 3-4 year old M800 for that price. It is one of the better cars for learners. I don't suggest PS for learners. Manual steering is more direct and gives spot on feedback for learners. Just my personal opinion, could be wrong. And the M800 does not need PS at all.
And after learning, you can dispose it for a good price. Say, you can use it for a year and dispose it off for 20K less than the price you had bought it. Makes sense?
Old 24th February 2008, 08:16   #44
BHPian

Matiz - the Global Small Car

Two years back, when I decided to buy a Matiz, everybody in this country advised me, “Please don’t buy a Matiz. Please…...” Today I am not at all regretting at my decision.

People advice you to buy a bullock cart, but not a Matiz. Others advice you to buy a second hand Maruti 800. I feel it is better to buy a powder tin with four wheels than owning a second hand 800.

People who don’t know much, advice you more. Just ignore them.

My hearty congratulations to Mr.Ravi and God’s-envy for taking this bold decision.
In my opinion, buying a fully loaded single owner Matiz at this price is not bad.

It’s a reality that Daewoo got closed down, but Matiz is a global brand. This is the only small car in India today having a global brand image. Today GM is marketing Matiz or its variants in all small car markets.

My dad had an ambassador, 800, omni and now a Santro. Believe me nothing in the list comes anywhere near a Matiz. Two years I am experiencing this.

Please answer me, which other small car in its segment in India provides this much
- safety
- space
- control
- fuel efficiency
- driving comfort
- looks and feel

Matiz is a thoroughly tested and proven car, which satisfies stagnant European safety standards.

Most of the spare parts are available in big cities. But try to avoid any big accidents. The Silencer & muffler is one part which you need frequent change (at least once in two years)

Don’t worry about the resale value. Already Matiz got its maximum depreciation as soon as the company closed down. Today there is a shift in public opinion about Matiz, after the Spark got launched and the GM’s proposal on supporting Matiz spares. So compared to other cars, the depreciation will not be that much steep from your current buying price. You could sell it at a reasonable rate.
Old 24th February 2008, 13:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
People advice you to buy a bullock cart, but not a Matiz. Others advice you to buy a second hand Maruti 800. I feel it is better to buy a powder tin with four wheels than owning a second hand 800.

People who don’t know much, advice you more. Just ignore them.
Excuse me sir, but there is no need to say people here don't know anything. You can suggest him whatever you like. Please be kind and courteous and respect other's suggestions also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks