Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 11:22   #16
BHPian

thanks mate, Hyundai in Goa either does not have the info or has very dumb staff, when asked about the i20, they act as though I was talking about a spacecraft!
I think I'll wait as you suggest.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
thanks mate, Hyundai in Goa either does not have the info or has very dumb staff, when asked about the i20, they act as though I was talking about a spacecraft!
I think I'll wait as you suggest.
As per the media reports i20 will be launced around November.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:01   #18
@ri
BHPian

With revision of Getz prices does it fare better?

Guys trying to make alive this thread for a friend of mine who is confused whether to go for the i10 or the Getz.
Reason for the confusion stems from the fact that both these cars thanks to the downward revision of the Getz prices are almost similar in pricing.
Where the Getz wins on the i10 is on the space
and the i10 wins on being a more refined car with a new engine and styling.

But for a first time car owner how much of a difference could it make in terms of the zippiness of the engine as both the vehicles have similar powered engines (thinking about the Getz 1.3 and the i10 1.2) .

When I took the test drive of both vehicles I felt the Getz to be more drivable as the hydraulic PS seemed to give a better feedback compared to the i10's EPS.

Also I guess as far as Highway driving is concerned the Getz seems to be better atleast if it is compared to an i10 with the lower spec OEM rubber that it comes with.

Another concern would be the likelihood of Hyundai phasing out the Getz.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Guys trying to make alive this thread for a friend of mine who is confused whether to go for the i10 or the Getz.
Reason for the confusion stems from the fact that both these cars thanks to the downward revision of the Getz prices are almost similar in pricing.

But for a first time car owner how much of a difference could it make in terms of the zippiness of the engine as both the vehicles have similar powered engines (thinking about the Getz 1.3 and the i10 1.2) .

When I took the test drive of both vehicles I felt the Getz to be more drivable as the hydraulic PS seemed to give a better feedback compared to the i10's EPS.

Also I guess as far as Highway driving is concerned the Getz seems to be better atleast if it is compared to an i10 with the lower spec OEM rubber that it comes with.

But why would you worry if getz is phased out? Because you want to resale your car?

Getz has immense stability while driving even above 120 kmph speeds and it has 3 bhp more than the kappa engine. But F.E. of Getz wouldnt be more than 12-13 kmpl whereas for the kappa you would get 14-15 kmpl.
Getz is more spacious too with decent boot space.
One more thing, Getz Prime is coming at a good discount you might still try it.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Well after price cut, Getz is now a super VFM car.

It is far better than i 10, worth going for.

Dont worry about phase out, IMO it will take another 2-3 years atleast for Hyundai to phase out Getz. (may be even more) As they have priced i20 so high that there is a big gap between i10 & i20 & Getz is the perfect to fill that gap.

Both petrol as we as CRDI are good options, pick then according to your monthly running.
Old 20th March 2009, 16:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

with new rate cuts applicable now,definately its getz worth going for,more power,more space,good stability on highways.i20 is way too pricey with that 1.2kappa engine,i would rather buy i10 with that engine.CHEERS!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well after price cut, Getz is now a super VFM car.

It is far better than i 10, worth going for.

Dont worry about phase out, IMO it will take another 2-3 years atleast for Hyundai to phase out Getz. (may be even more) As they have priced i20 so high that there is a big gap between i10 & i20 & Getz is the perfect to fill that gap.

Both petrol as we as CRDI are good options, pick then according to your monthly running.
Ya corect, the pertol Getz is a great performer but the CRDi is a stonker, I think it has been given more power than required. It carries the same Verna Diesel engine.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:36   #23
BHPian

As I posted elsewhere on this forum, I took a TD of the Hyundai i20. Found the performance below what I get from the Getz, as far as engine power and acceleration is concerned. Otherwise the car is a step up from the Getz. Hence I decided to keep the Getz for some more time, until a more powerful engine is provided to the i20.
Old 27th March 2009, 02:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post

@RI:

You may advise your friend to go in for the Getz 1.3 GLS/GLX now, as it is superb value for money with the discounts going. Here in Chennai, the 1.3 GLX right now costs 5.17L on road, and this variant is the top end model with ABS and 14 inch alloys standard. The GLS costs even lesser.

In comparison, the i10 1.2 Asta manual transmission model costs 5.4L on road here. However, the Asta comes with ABS and dual airbags, plus CD player and 4 speakers.

Space, ride comfort, stability at higher speeds, etc -- GETZ for sure.\
More modern latest generation design, better refinement, slightly more mileage - i10 1.2.

As everyone would agree, the Getz is superb value for money at this time. I hear even the i10 is being offered with discounts so your friend can check this out as well.

@FILCORD:

You're right. The Getz's 1.3L engine is better than the 1.2L Kappa in terms of driveability. The i20 1.4L petrol and 1.4L CRDi are expected before the end of the year. Some say a mid year launch is possible too. What I think is that if the 1.4L petrol i20 is launched, maybe the 1.2L Kappa would be offered in the base Magna variant while the 1.4L petrol engine would be offered in the higher variants. Then of course there is the CRDi which we can't be sure on what trim level this engine would be offered in. Hope it's not the Magna. i20 Asta CRDi would be nice.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 27th March 2009, 14:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is a tough one, really.

I would prefer the 1.2 kappa DOHC over the 1.3L Getz engine. A newer engine should be better.

The Getz is otherwise a nice spacious car, although the somewhat softer suspension would not please the enthusiast.

I would wait for an i20 with a better engine. Great car with great features and with performance to match. While I wait, I would save up that extra cash required for it.

Don't blame me if you can buy a Linea / Fiesta / SX4 at the same price, though.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Forget everything else, get the Getz CRDi and smoke everyone else on the road!!
Old 27th August 2009, 19:54   #27
BHPian

Forced to bump this up, sorry.
The conundrum remains. I am again seriously looking at a replacement for the Getz 1.3, only because it has done 65k kms. I looked at the Ritz Vxi, and the i20 too. The thing that bugs me with most of the new hatches at this price is rear-seat space. The Getz is largely driven by the chauffeur, so the wife and kids use the back seat a lot. I have yet to see any new hatch (at 4.5 to 5.5 lakhs) which gives the acres of rear seat space that the Getz has. So much so, I am almost tempted to go for another Getz, even though I realise it's future is doomed.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:15   #28
BHPian

mmm tough call.. if you are not keen on ABS, Airbag you can look at the Vista.. If you can afford it go for the JaZZ.. Else the Gets still makes sense both the 1.3 glx and the crdi gvs..
Old 28th August 2009, 09:49   #29
BHPian

Tata products are out for me, they just don't have the good finish I expect.
From the other hatches, the Jazz is really great, but the price makes the economics go out of the window. I don't have money to burn like that!
Old 28th August 2009, 10:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

i10 Sportz Kappa is the best than Getz.will have a good resale value as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks