Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2005, 22:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by askulkarni
Generally dealers dont seem to be offering any kind discount on the diesel version of the Indica but on Petrol version they do have quite some good schemes.

Slightly off topic:
Talking about schemes they really are "schemes" to make them more money. None of them are actually good deals in a true sense. If you talk to the dealer he will be ready to pass on the cash discounts if you are ready to buy outright.

No car financing is good financing if you can afford to pay for it. ( Unless you are one of the investment gurus. ) Do the math carefully before you sign on the dotted line for car finance.

dude how about keeping in mind the time value of money ?

even if you can afford to buy a car worth 5 lakhs on your own , it s better to take a loan for a good amount as you can always use the same 5 lakhs minus your downpayment in your own business and earn much more than the interest you would pay .

for example i just booked my ikon , paying arnd 30 k interest on it on a loan of 4.25 lakh . taking a loan got me a free registration which is 20k plus so effectively i m paying only 9 k interest in a period of 3 years .

i m sure you can keep that money in your hand instead and make much more than a sum of 9k in a period of 3 years without an effort .

and all that the banks want is to earn , it could be even a really small amount as they have a unthinkable resources , so it s better to earn that little bit than let the money stay idle in their reserves .

all you got to do is a few calculations , that s it .

manson .
Old 18th March 2005, 00:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

except the car security ,dont buy anything else from the dealer.it will be too expensive.take whatever he is giving free.

yeah a marina D is a lot better than the zen D.
Old 18th March 2005, 01:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

dude pick the marina up man , i personally love the zen , but a zen diesel is not worth going in for !

manson .
Old 18th March 2005, 02:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude pick the marina up man , i personally love the zen , but a zen diesel is not worth going in for !

manson .
Didnt know the Zen went diesel!
Old 18th March 2005, 02:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

manson .
Old 18th March 2005, 11:45   #21
dev
BHPian

Bhpians,
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I am getting cash discount of 15K from Prerana motors. and also basic accessories. he told Blaupunkt car stero with 2 dashboard spekaers for 9K (MP3), single CD player.
And Car security system for 3.5K.
Car cover: 1.9K
if I take a color which he recommends, I can get Leather Seat covers (Dual color) FREE.
I am going for Marina LS. U guys changed my mind set. I took decision upon all of your suggestions. Since you people are more experienced.
And if I go for a specific bank finance I am getting Insurance (17.5K) free and no cash discount.
And please recommned me a good Music system within a budget of 12-13K.
And any other accessories should I take? For Alloys he is quoting 16-17K depends on no.of spokes. And I won't get a single pie for normal wheel.
So, I dropped idea of taking Alloys.
From next month 25K will be increasing for Marina.Due to Steel price increase and BS3.

Today I had a test drive. Looks cool. No sound as I experienced before.

And is there any thing I need to take into consideration for a NEW vehicle if I am driving? like 80-90kms per hr for the first 1K kms, etc.,.

Give more suggestions guys.
Old 18th March 2005, 13:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
I am going for Marina LS.
Congrates Dev !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
I am getting cash discount of 15K from Prerana motors
First time I heard cash discount on Tata. Usually they give only offers on Finance scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
if I take a color which he recommends, I can get Leather Seat covers (Dual color) FREE.
Not sure I understood this...You mean car color and wht has this to do with seat cover ?

For Music system:
Here is what I got for my santro
Pioneer 7750 - 9.8K
rear speakers - JBL 300W - 4.2k
Front - Blaupaunkt - 1.3k

I would suggest for Pioneer HU..it has wide range from 6K to 18K. As for rear speaker you can choose between Sony explode, Pioneer 6990 or JBL. Ask to give demo between them and choose the one u like.

As for any other accessories: I got Teflon coating and under coating (for rust) all for 3k.
Planning for Garware sunfilm also abt. 3k-4k including front glass.
Old 18th March 2005, 13:49   #23
dev
BHPian

I will garware Sunfilm for free.
The Color of the car which he recommended is light blue. Which Tata is not producing now. It is a jan05 model and if I take that vehicle, he can give me leather seats with any choice color seats.

He also informed me that Under chasis coating is done by Tata and no need for this.
And I am getting Birla 3M coat(Free). It's something like Teflon coating. Only brand name changes. Thats what he said.
Old 18th March 2005, 13:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
I will garware Sunfilm for free.
The Color of the car which he recommended is light blue. Which Tata is not producing now. It is a jan05 model and if I take that vehicle, he can give me leather seats with any choice color seats.
Just check on this...looks like he wants to clear out on old stock. I would always prefer to get fresh manufactured veichle than something in stock for long. who knows it might be his test drive model also. So be careful with this offer.
Old 18th March 2005, 14:01   #25
dev
BHPian

I am not going to take that color. I may go for Silver or Jazz Blue.
How is your music System with that config?
Old 18th March 2005, 14:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
I am not going to take that color. I may go for Silver or Jazz Blue.
How is your music System with that config?
To be very frank..I have found no time to play with the audio sysem.
But JBL I loved it...it got real good Bass and as far as Pioneer its the best..with different models you get improved display and functons...so go for Pioneer only.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 18th March 2005 at 14:04.
Old 18th March 2005, 15:36   #27
dev
BHPian

So, speakers should be JBL. And HU should be from Pioneer. What is the model number for Pioneer?
Old 18th March 2005, 15:41   #28
BHPian

Even Pioneer speakers are good..depends on ur choice. So take demo of both JBL and Pioneer and decide
For Pioneer HU, you can go for 7650 (called 7750 as new 2005 model) abt. 9.5k to 10K range.
Also can get 5650 for abt. 6.5k..just that it doesnt have jazzy display.
Old 18th March 2005, 18:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

dont't buy any accessories from the dealer , he ll sell you he same for prices much higher than the market . take them only if they are free .

manson .
Old 18th March 2005, 23:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The Marina is a good buy.
Congratualtions.
The marina comes with the same features as zen.
ACC - Music system - HU should be pioneer 5650. its cheaper
tinted windows - garware is around 900 - 1200
a good security system from the dealer.
Enjoy your new car and do post some pictures
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks