Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 16:46   #16
BHPian

Tez,
My feedback is that with the current economic slowdown, many orders are being out on hold or cancelled. So i will suggest u better check the latest delivery periods for Swift/Dzire. I read on another thread here yesterday that Dzire was delivered in ~2 weeks.
If you prefer Hyundai, then why not wait for i20, due for launch soon.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello i have been using the Getz CRDI personally and has done 30000 kms in 1 year which just happen on 5 nov 2009.Infact this car is 2nd Getz CRDI in mumbai thats what HYUNDAI MOTOR PLAZA GUYS TOLD ME when I bought last year,I am extremely satisfied with car besides the same good Getz looks this diesel car has a bull under the bonnet and it performs very good,I have got 14 kms per liter of DIESEL in AC all the time.when once a long drive in non Ac has given me 17.I think the car would give more FE but as there is lot of power ,the one who is driving the car is driving beyond 120 km/hr outside mumbai.
In short there is no comparison between ride and price of both the cars,it will defer person to person so do test drive both and take ur call.
Enjoy
Please share the maintenance costs and your experience in detail.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I asked you to opt for i20 coz it was supposed to be launched today or so.
I doubt if they will launch the diesel variant this year.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:56   #18
BHPian

Given the two I would prefer the Indica Vista, on any given day. You could also consider Palio as an option which would be my ideal choice.

During these rough waters I would stay away from anything investing more where consequences are minimal. Hyundai Getz is a very good car, but I think its not worth paying about a lakh and half more.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Should be for the petrol one for sure.

If you dnt want boot then Getz CRDi it should be.

I asked you to opt for i20 coz it was supposed to be launched today or so.
Hey who gave you that info JK? Noone on T-bhp knows that i20 is getting launched today
Old 20th November 2008, 18:13   #20
BHPian

[quote=kpzen;1060953]Please share the maintenance costs and your experience in detail.!

My experience has been good till date, as soon I bought the car the first thing after driving i did was upgraded tyres to goodyear tubeless 195/60/15R at that point of time my car even did not had number plate.
About maintenance
Till date except the 3 free services and 2 paid services which is normal with oil change & filter change with their normal routine thats it.
Nothing more than that I have spent.
I personally love to drive this vehicle very much
Old 20th November 2008, 19:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

If its between vista and getz crdi, i would suggest you Getz CRDi. You will have more power, better build quality and good service. Also you will get spares for next 5 years atleast.
Old 21st November 2008, 12:23   #22
BHPian

IMO, Getz CRDI is a gr8 performer but too overpriced for what it offers - just basic power steering and power windows. not even a rear wiper/defogger, for heaven's sake!

why dont you wait for i20 if you are not interested in Vista or MJD?
Old 21st November 2008, 12:39   #23
tez
BHPian

C-A-D, i actually cant wait longer else would like to wait for i20. Again i20 will be costly than getz imho. What is your take on the NVH levels of Vista and Getz?
Hyundai dealer called up today and offered Blaupunkt Mp3 player (would be basic for sure) + 4 speakers + sun film + steering cover + 10 K discount. But i am still confused about the future after i20 is launched. Hopefully getz crdi spares are not affected (for the sake of all crdi owners). Will think over the weekend again or ask for TD again for both the cars Guys, please keep the ideas and advice flowing.
Thanks

Last edited by tez : 21st November 2008 at 12:41.
Old 21st November 2008, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
hi,
I am in the market for a new diesel car which i need to buy soon. I had kind of finalized on Ikon TDCi but other members are hard to satisfy on Ford spares and A.S.S scene. I tried to explain them with quotes from our tbhpians who own ford,but to no avail. hence back in the market for a premium hatch.
I have TDied Getz CRDi and Indica Vista. Getz has blown away my mind with everything except price. At 6.23 on road, pune, Getz looks costly when compared to Indica vista for 5.3 on road. But the engine and fit and finish and NVH all combined look worth 1 lac. Now i have heard that Getz CRDi is going to be stopped. With only small numbers being sold, i feel the spares are going to be a problem if i am planning to keep it for 4-5 years. All the Getz CRDi owners, please help.
hi, i think that the Getz is an awesome car without brakes, i mean whats power without control? i strongly suggest the swift Vdi ABS or the indica Vista, as i have to consider that the Getz will get a replacement soon in the i20, so its actually a no brainer. all the best
Old 21st November 2008, 15:46   #25
BHPian

Guys what about the re-sale value of both cars 5 years down the line? I am sure by that time there is a high possibility of spare parts of Getz going through the roof which would in-turn lead to lower re-sale value. Also the design will look much dated after that period.
Vista on the other hand is a brand new design (vehicle) and the design might just go cosmetic changes during the 5 year period.
Nett result in terms of Re-sale value - Vista would be a better option.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
IMO, Getz CRDI is a gr8 performer but too overpriced for what it offers - just basic power steering and power windows. not even a rear wiper/defogger, for heaven's sake!

why dont you wait for i20 if you are not interested in Vista or MJD?
I will second that.
Hyundai will surely phase out Getz soon as people will be interested in Vista,Swift Vdi and then i20. Noone will like to an old model like getz which will have very less resale after 5 years.
On the other hand Swift Vdi, Vista and i20 will give good resale after 5 years.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:33   #27
BHPian

I don't know exact date, but I20 should be launched shortly may be in a month or so.

Also, Palio SDX is a better option as compared to Vista, though it compromises a bit on legroom in the backseats.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:18   #28
BHPian

Tez, get a feeling that the decision makers in your case are a bit conservative (The Ikon TDCi makes so much sense!).

Vista - safe bet. Liked the ride/refinement/space/city driveablility in my TD. Haven't driven the Getz CRDi but I'm wondering whether the Getz really outperforms the Vista in the above parameters. Tez, is straight line performance really that critical for your usage?

Also,IMHO

1. Tata's service in Pune was fine for me (personal experience with a 2000 DLS).
2. Vista might hold its resale value better than the Getz.
3. More fuel efficient.
4. The Interiors are WAY better than the Getz.
5. Wont be phased out anytime soon.

Why dont you book in the last week of Dec, haggle for some freebies and take a Jan delivery? That way you'll have a '09 car.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

@Himan- +1 to that. Yes Getz has more power but thats all it has and frankly i dont understand why we need more power except for highways. I dont do above 60 and rarely 80 in NCR driving conditions(and the roads arent bad but lots of traffic).
To me Vista makes perfect sense and am just waiting till dec end for the i20 launch for the comparison as will take the car in jan 09.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:55   #30
tez
BHPian

well ride and refinement, getz crdi did outperform vista but space and city driveability vista did excel when compared to getz (slightly if not beat hands down). I agree that straight line performance is not the only criteria but overall engine feel was good. I am planning to take another test drive for both the cars and will finalize by this weekend. D_himan, there are no discounts on vista, not even mudflaps and mats are being given, they will have to be purchased and moreover there is a 1 month waiting for aura.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks