Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 11:39   #1
tez
BHPian

Getz CRDI v/s Indica Vista

hi,
I am in the market for a new diesel car which i need to buy soon. I had kind of finalized on Ikon TDCi but other members are hard to satisfy on Ford spares and A.S.S scene. I tried to explain them with quotes from our tbhpians who own ford,but to no avail. hence back in the market for a premium hatch.
I have TDied Getz CRDi and Indica Vista. Getz has blown away my mind with everything except price. At 6.23 on road, pune, Getz looks costly when compared to Indica vista for 5.3 on road. But the engine and fit and finish and NVH all combined look worth 1 lac. Now i have heard that Getz CRDi is going to be stopped. With only small numbers being sold, i feel the spares are going to be a problem if i am planning to keep it for 4-5 years. All the Getz CRDi owners, please help.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

dont worry about the spares. hyundai *** is pretty good. even if it is stopped its the verna engine so spares for that wont be a problem. and even other spares will be available for a couple of years after a model is stopped.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:56   #3
BHPian

Since you have already zeroed down on Hyundai the best strategy would be to wait for the I20 launch happening some time during the end of the year.
I had also taken TD of both the cars & baring the power bit (which should not be surprising at all) the Vista is also quite good.
Any reason for not considering the Swift Deiesel besides the interior space constraints?
Old 20th November 2008, 12:10   #4
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Any reason for not considering the Swift Deiesel besides the interior space constraints?
maverick, the waiting time for swift diesel is 3-6 months as quoted by different dealers. I cant wait that long. Moreover interior space looked small in swift. Hence not an option.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:22   #5
BHPian

Spares for the Getz should not be a problem at all, especially for the next 4~5 year period that you plan to keep the car. Remember that the Getz has not been shut down yet. There was plenty of talk that the Accent would be phased out but they are still selling in numbers arent they?

Given that the engine comes from a Verna you would not need to worry about parts for the same too. Moreover, if you use the car moderately I wonder if you would need any spares at all for a Hyundai manufactured car for the 4~5 year period thet you are looking into. I own a 2002 Santro and have not needed anything excepting the regular consumables to be changed/replaced in this car over a running of 76k odd kms.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

What getz CRDI being stopped ? why would hyundai do that , and dont worry about the engine spares coz most of the Getz CRDI engine spares are common with the Verna CRDI , and body parts common with the petrol version of the getz which is still selling decent numbers.

I would suggest that you strech that extra bit and stay ahead of the crowd and have a pleasant experience with the Hyundai A.S.S
Old 20th November 2008, 12:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any reasons for not considering Palio MJD?
Old 20th November 2008, 12:43   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

My dear friend, that extra 1L is really money well spent for that fantastic engine and driveability. There is no comparison between a Vista and a Getz CRDi, its like comparing a strawberry with a guava

No need to worry about spares, i bought a viva when i knew it was being phasing out. Companies maintain spares for a minimum of 5 years from when they phase out a car.

So get yourself a Getz CRDi and you will not regret it.
Old 20th November 2008, 14:21   #9
tez
BHPian

the idea about spares not being available came after reading a thread where one of the tbhpians(undead) had an accident and the service center claimed that the drive shaft was not available in chennai plant and will be imported from korea. Also i was informed that the getz diesel engine is an imported engine. Can someone suggest whom to get the doubts clarified from as i dont trust the sales guys. They will say any crap to sell the car.
Old 20th November 2008, 15:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think you should really try harder to convince them about the Ikon. The engine is a proven one and at that price point its a good bargain. Both the car and the engine are proven.

The Getz is overpriced if you see the equipment list. However if its sheer performance that you are looking for you dont have any competition right now.

The Vista though a FIAT engine/suspension is still a TATA and that makes me scared to touch it for a few more months. On the other side its good Value for Money considering the space, good ride comfort and decent F.E figures.

So ultimately it boils down to your priority.
Performance-Getz
Safe Bet-Ikon
VFM-Vista
Old 20th November 2008, 16:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Wait for i20 or get Getz. No point comparing it with the Vista. With Getz you get peace too.

No extended warranty for Getz though.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:25   #12
BHPian

Getz CRDI user done 30000 kms in 1 year

hello i have been using the Getz CRDI personally and has done 30000 kms in 1 year which just happen on 5 nov 2009.Infact this car is 2nd Getz CRDI in mumbai thats what HYUNDAI MOTOR PLAZA GUYS TOLD ME when I bought last year,I am extremely satisfied with car besides the same good Getz looks this diesel car has a bull under the bonnet and it performs very good,I have got 14 kms per liter of DIESEL in AC all the time.when once a long drive in non Ac has given me 17.I think the car would give more FE but as there is lot of power ,the one who is driving the car is driving beyond 120 km/hr outside mumbai.
In short there is no comparison between ride and price of both the cars,it will defer person to person so do test drive both and take ur call.
Enjoy

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th November 2008 at 18:00. Reason: Removed extra formatting, please avoid un0necessary formating as it makes the post difficult to read
Old 20th November 2008, 16:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Why not wait for a few months to see how i20 fares on your expectations list?
Old 20th November 2008, 16:32   #14
tez
BHPian

i dont have time available at my hands to wait for i20. JKDas,the price list that the dealer gave me had an extended warranty for aroung 7k. Dont know whether that was for Getz diesel or petrol but the sales guy said that u can get extended warranty.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
i dont have time available at my hands to wait for i20. JKDas,the price list that the dealer gave me had an extended warranty for aroung 7k. Dont know whether that was for Getz diesel or petrol but the sales guy said that u can get extended warranty.
Should be for the petrol one for sure.

If you dnt want boot then Getz CRDi it should be.

I asked you to opt for i20 coz it was supposed to be launched today or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks